Richt just interviewed on ESPN2

We finished with the #12 class on ESPN, and #11 on 247. If performance is related to talent, regular classes at this level puts us in the playoff discussion every year. If the staff is better than others at identifying/developing talent, it puts us in the playoff. We haven't been relevant in a decade.

What is everyone talking about?

The only problem is that classes of this level require at least one or two guys to become ultra dominant, and at key positions. Clemson never would have sniffed those title opportunities without Deshaun Watson playing as he did.

I believe in margin for error. Ohio State played three guys at quarterback in 2014 en route to the national title. Can you imagine the Canes with anything similar, given the level of our roster, now or for the foreseeable? Every year I can't name the Alabama quarterback to start the season but I know I'll be shocked if they don't win the title or come within a whisker.

If we get stuck at this 10-15 recruiting level with all the annual happy adjustments that we're really better than Florida State's class or Florida's class, etc., it's going to require N'Kosi Perry (and whoever follows him) to become an absolute freak...Heisman caliber freak.

Regarding running backs, I'm hardly shocked that top guys aren't magnetized to that wonderful RPO style, especially when they see two guys departing due to frustration at not getting the ball more frequently. We were 112th in the nation in rushing attempts per game.

Advertisement
For those that missed:

- talked how the program is not there yet where they have the depth and freshman have a real chance to come in and make a difference if they show maturity
- deflected a little on this class and said how recruiting is a 4 year cycle these days and he and his staff and building those relationships early on and will be paying dividends down the road in future classes
- when asked about the QB situation he said its wide open and no one has earned the right to have the starter spot locked up

In other words, he did an Alfredo Gorlden.

Yep....everyone knows you need to recruit kids for 8 years now (evidence=Kirby Smart). Oh wait :dbc-head3:

But it's okay, because the slurpers will say that this wasn't REALLY his first full class, or Gorlden ***ked it up, or relationships matter, or they were jags anyways, or **** like Richt just spewed.

It's about money and UM doesn't have any. Are you expecting more then this without paying kids? Good Luck.

Fvking this^^

Dude's acting like if Richt just tried harder or said some other **** or we got another coach who said some better **** we'd get that top class.

C.R.E.A.M.

Advertisement
Back