Richt just interviewed on ESPN2

Advertisement
Class is a failure..

- We will probably finish about 16th because Clemson and Stanford (who only have 14 commits) you would figure wants about 18-21 or so..
- IDK what worse... laughing at the Gators a week ago only to have them steal our lunch and finish higher in the rankings.. or losing a recruiting battle to Randy Shannon when we had all the momentum and they recruited these guys late..
- We lost basically every player in which there was a serious competitor (Smith, McFarland, Edwards, Henderson, McKitty, Jeudy, and at one point Harley was gone to WVU.)
- We put all our eggs into one basket with no backup plans..
- We had other sure option that were quality players (not Al Golden like fill in) that if we actually tried to recruit them.. they'd be our.. like Brini (UGA), Gibson (ORE), Epstein(ILL), Telford(UF), Thompson(UCF), Gamble(UF).. etc

I do like the overall speed.

Clemson and Stanford have both come out and said they were taking small classes this year due to numbers. Dabo said on ESPN today 14 was probably his number.

Regardless though I doubt you can call this class a failure. We signed a plus OL class which was a big need. We strengthened good LB and DL classes. The WR class, which was also a huge need, got a great combo of speed (Harley and Thomas) and (Njoku). TE shouldn't be that big of an issue. Polendy is a wildcard, but with Haskins and Irvin staying on board a receiving TE can be moved to next year.

RB and DB are question marks no doubt. But we added quality players at DB (even if not enough). Who knows about Burns. We will have to judge him in a year or two. I remember when he committed we were all pumped. So hopefully he can get healthy. Bottom line is as long as we keep showing improvement on the field, we will continue to show improvement in recruiting. I think we showed improvement in both this year.

Did that idiot say this class is a failure? Glad I have him on ignore.

remember thomas brown is from georgia, right wasn't thinking when he hired him for oc he was a good runningbacks coach and he did not want to lose him. but this is miami another beast and many of those country home growns don't want their kids in miami because of the old rap it had so he cannot get those kids who fall in his lap this year is a pass but next we need top ranked back. and another thing this is a top class we have right did his part far as i m concerned this is a A class this how we started with the old canes of the 80's when we get those high rated d tackles 280 d line top rated than we will reap havoc.

remember thomas brown is from georgia, right wasn't thinking when he hired him for oc he was a good runningbacks coach and he did not want to lose him. but this is miami another beast and many of those country home growns don't want their kids in miami because of the old rap it had so he cannot get those kids who fall in his lap this year is a pass but next we need top ranked back. and another thing this is a top class we have right did his part far as i m concerned this is a A class this how we started with the old canes of the 80's when we get those high rated d tackles 280 d line top rated than we will reap havoc.

We tried to get a top OOS guy because it was a down year in state for RBs and it failed. I'm sure the staff learned a lesson there. But if there was a year to try to go OOS it was this year.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Receivers too small, they don't run 4.2. Nkosi not Lamar Jackson, Njoku out of position as a WR, no true left tackle, Gaynor only a three star, Our coaches can't close, Rumph sucks, Banda has no football background, Manny Diaz had history of crazy out of control blitzes and insane risks. Hartley looks like an Al Capone bagman, Seales can't coach, we don't fill every scholly even if getting sloppy seconds, Franchise is mean, Pete didn't get Slaton

Kirby Smart is the dumbest example. Dude is a Saban flunky so all he has to do is talk about his time at Bama. Secondly, let's not act like he just started recruiting when he go to Georgia. He was recruiting at Bama

Folks don't realize it, but there are 4 reasons uga had some of the top recruits...their names are Lilly, McClendon, Sheerer...top rated recruiters in the nation and Bobo....and none are with him now...the first 3 chose specifically not to come with Richt. Smart would be the top raked salesman in any company. He could make more money that way. And he is a genuine good person that draws people to him..he is a true southerner...and he is relentless and very intelligent.......that is why he can get commits that he just meets....he tells his players to call him Kirby

We finished with the #12 class on ESPN, and #11 on 247. If performance is related to talent, regular classes at this level puts us in the playoff discussion every year. If the staff is better than others at identifying/developing talent, it puts us in the playoff. We haven't been relevant in a decade.

What is everyone talking about?

Advertisement
Class is a failure..

- We will probably finish about 16th because Clemson and Stanford (who only have 14 commits) you would figure wants about 18-21 or so..
- IDK what worse... laughing at the Gators a week ago only to have them steal our lunch and finish higher in the rankings.. or losing a recruiting battle to Randy Shannon when we had all the momentum and they recruited these guys late..
- We lost basically every player in which there was a serious competitor (Smith, McFarland, Edwards, Henderson, McKitty, Jeudy, and at one point Harley was gone to WVU.)
- We had other sure option that were quality players (not Al Golden like fill in) that if we actually tried to recruit them.. they'd be our.. like Brini (UGA), Gibson (ORE), Epstein(ILL), Telford(UF), Thompson(UCF), Gamble(UF).. etc

You have quickly made yourself one of the most consistent worst posters on the board. Congrats!

One of the worst trolls on this site. He needs to work on his troll game

Class is a failure..

Clemson and Stanford have both come out and said they were taking small classes this year due to numbers. Dabo said on ESPN today 14 was probably his number.

Regardless though I doubt you can call this class a failure. We signed a plus OL class which was a big need. We strengthened good LB and DL classes. The WR class, which was also a huge need, got a great combo of speed (Harley and Thomas) and (Njoku). TE shouldn't be that big of an issue. Polendy is a wildcard, but with Haskins and Irvin staying on board a receiving TE can be moved to next year.

RB and DB are question marks no doubt. But we added quality players at DB (even if not enough). Who knows about Burns. We will have to judge him in a year or two. I remember when he committed we were all pumped. So hopefully he can get healthy. Bottom line is as long as we keep showing improvement on the field, we will continue to show improvement in recruiting. I think we showed improvement in both this year.

+1. Surprised to see so many people talking down about our class. No it wasn't a strong finish. Our staff does not have any big-time closers...no "that dude" type of guys. But I still love the quality of our class. Absolutely love our OL class. And our QB's and our DE's. I like both cb's and both safeties, all 3 wr's. Watching Deejay's senior tape this year I was incredibly impressed - much stronger than his jr. highlights...much better top-end speed than he showed last year. He's going to contribute somewhere.

There are a lot of guys in this class who will be impact players imo. Guys who can play on a championship level team, even if this class wasn't what it could have been or should have been had we defended our home turf a little better or closed better. We've got to take the next step on the field next year and really capitalize on the local talent in the '18 class.

Kirby signed a great class. Now that clown show he directed on the field better get fixed right quick because a repeat could get him tossed.

So, basically coachspeak? Highlight what we got, downplay what we didn't and just be optimistic

He's just being modest. We probably signed the best class in America. Actually, I wouldn't take anyone's class over ours. We're loaded at just about every position and I look for us to make a run at the title this year.

Advertisement
i dont wanna hear nadda about depth going forward

we're bringing in 24 guys. will put us at 82 total before ANY more attrition(which will clearly happen).

if depth was that important, we've have taken a run at some more guys late.

No sense perpetuating the Folden model of grabbing Junior Alexis, James King, Terrence Henley, and guys like that at the end.

Don't be surprised to see a regroup after today and a pursuit of a grad transfer or two. If you don't land your targets don't grab stiffs just to fill up your roster. Then, you wind up with a bunch of depth that is ****.

**** yeah. This what I'm talking about.

Where Golden got dudes like James King to fill out his class, Richt got dudes like Brian Polendey.

If you can't see the obvious upgrade in talent.... well words do no justice to your ignorance.

This class is AWESOME

Big difference between class rankings and filling unit needs with quality players. IMO, the latter is far more important. Who gives a flying @$&# if Florida has a higher ranked class? They signed 400 DBs, and have a Swiss cheese roster that they didn't fix. I'll take our class over theirs any day. Get over the rankings bs.

Advertisement
Big difference between class rankings and filling unit needs with quality players. IMO, the latter is far more important. Who gives a flying @$&# if Florida has a higher ranked class? They signed 400 DBs, and have a Swiss cheese roster that they didn't fix. I'll take our class over theirs any day. Get over the rankings bs.

I don't disagree with this but did we really fill our needs? We're still thin at RB and CBs and even TE.

Folks don't realize it, but there are 4 reasons uga had some of the top recruits...their names are Lilly, McClendon, Sheerer...top rated recruiters in the nation and Bobo....and none are with him now...the first 3 chose specifically not to come with Richt. Smart would be the top raked salesman in any company. He could make more money that way. And he is a genuine good person that draws people to him..he is a true southerner...and he is relentless and very intelligent.......that is why he can get commits that he just meets....he tells his players to call him Kirby

This is the gayest thing ive ever read

Advertisement
Back