Richt blocks Gus

Advertisement
Do we know that this is true? Does anyone know if the ACC has a more restrictive policy on grad transfers within the conference?

Advertisement
HC or whoever shouldn't have the power to block where a guy who has only (usually) 1 year left of college ball decides to transfer to.. come on richt.. u can't say they should go where they want then do the same thing Saban did.. though I understand you don't want him on a team your going to play against (unlike Saban) but you made a public statement about it..

Advertisement
Maybe he's pursuing a masters course offered by UM.

Not sure if the specifics, but something doesn't seem right.

If it's a school we're playing, then I have no problem with it, and that's what's being blocked (Pitt and Syracuse) according to the article. I'm assuming the article is accurate, although I suppose that's up for debate as well.

In theory, I agree, let them go wherever they want. But for that to work, then everybody has to do it. We are in a competitive environment and in the real world, there are no coaches that I know of that just let kids go wherever. All the winning programs have restrictions. Every one of them. Especially the top 10 to 15 teams and certainly the playoff teams.

So all of you "God bless, go get yours young man" types can **** off.

The savage move is to restrict the teams we are playing. End of story.

Or we can be the only good guys in the face of college football, and set a precedent for other kids to walk all over us. No thanks.

Advertisement
Was not aware you could even block a Graduate Transfer? Thought the whole concept of that was it was done under the BS of "a program the other school does not have."

I'm not sure, but I don't think you can block a graduate transfer either. So either he's not a graduate transfer, or the article was just bull****.

Advertisement
If you block someone from going to Syracuse they should thank you.

I don't like the rule. Kids like coaches should be able to go where they want. If he comes back to kick your *** then maybe you should have played the kid instead of your favorite. There are too many restrictions on player movement already. This may be a way for lesser teams to pick up some better players.

Advertisement
Back