Richt: “You need 60 great players to win”

checks.jpg

Advertisement
This is where things always go off track. No sane UM fan thought we had equal talent to Alabaga or Clemson this year. We haven’t played them or got whipped by them this year, so no sane person gives much of a **** about either of them this year.

We do, however, have better talent than the last 3 dregs that beat us. That’s without dispute, and that’s really all that matters RIGHT NOW.
I agree our top players are more “talented” especially at the skill position. But games are won and loss at the LOS. On our oline we lack talent/depth. At QB..you know that story..I’m not saying I’d trade Any of our skill guys fur the other cats on the teams we loss too. But neither would a team like FSU. We are always gonna have the advantage on the outside or at RB. But I’d trade most of our oline with BC or UVA or even duke. That’s why I don’t harp on the “more talent” argument. The team last year didn’t have a great oline but they were experienced and at least acc caliber. RN we have one guy. That’s 55. Then u have young cats who are coming along and making some mistakes while their growing. And some cats just not stepping up. If you could agree that you saw improvement in the team from year 1 &2 then you can’t put ALL of the miscues this year on just coaching

Still a silly quote from Richt.

For sure. It doesn't even make sense. So what if you have 59 great players? Does that mean you won't win big. What about if you have 61? Is that to much? He didn't say atleast 61. Also, who the **** wants Richts advice on how to win big. Whatever he told me I would do the exact opposite considering the fact that he has never won big in his entire life.

My point was that part was inserted by the writer so he could have literally meant you need 60 great ball players just to beat UVA which is absolute BS.

in fairness, he has said that sine he got here and he is 100% right. you win in college based on talent.
that being said, you dont need that to beat uva, duke, and bc.
he's had two good classes in a row and is blowing this one.

Advertisement
If we’re going to infer words that he didn’t even say (“to win big”), then it’s fair to ask what “winning big” means to him. You could argue, based on his assistant coaches lugging around the Russell Bowl trophy to show recruits, that winning big is the Coastal or a December bowl game.

If we’re going to infer words that he didn’t even say (“to win big”), then it’s fair to ask what “winning big” means to him. You could argue, based on his assistant coaches lugging around the Russell Bowl trophy to show recruits, that winning big is the Coastal or a December bowl game.

this is all part of the lowering of the bar that certain apologists fall into. It never fails

Advertisement
I agree our top players are more “talented” especially at the skill position. But games are won and loss at the LOS. On our oline we lack talent/depth. At QB..you know that story..I’m not saying I’d trade Any of our skill guys fur the other cats on the teams we loss too. But neither would a team like FSU. We are always gonna have the advantage on the outside or at RB. But I’d trade most of our oline with BC or UVA or even duke. That’s why I don’t harp on the “more talent” argument. The team last year didn’t have a great oline but they were experienced and at least acc caliber. RN we have one guy. That’s 55. Then u have young cats who are coming along and making some mistakes while their growing. And some cats just not stepping up. If you could agree that you saw improvement in the team from year 1 &2 then you can’t put ALL of the miscues this year on just coaching
Fella, if you’re trying to convince people that we don’t have enough talent to beat UVA, Puke, and BC, then we’ve got nothing to discuss. This is coming off like KrazyKane trolling.

this is all part of the lowering of the bar that certain apologists fall into. It never fails

We’ve seen this dance so many times over the last 20 years that we know exactly what’s coming. When the wheels come off, the coaches bury the players, and the dopiest members of our fanbase eat it up and regurgitate it.

We’ve seen this dance so many times over the last 20 years that we know exactly what’s coming. When the wheels come off, the coaches bury the players, and the dopiest members of our fanbase eat it up and regurgitate it.

Again, get a copy of this years UM roster and see how many guys will eventually get drafted and play at the next level compared to the rest of the ACC(sans Clemson) and its an indictment on the 'coaching' they are receiving here

As you mentioned, this isn't about beating Clemson or Bama, but BC, UVA and Duke for pete's sake

Advertisement
Fella, if you’re trying to convince people that we don’t have enough talent to beat UVA, Puke, and BC, then we’ve got nothing to discuss. This is coming off like KrazyKane trolling.
When someone don’t agree with some of y’all it’s trolling...when y’all say “talent” it’s so narrow sited. It’s like y’all only see Talent depending on the programs pedigree. On our roster RN here are the guys with for sure NFL caliber talent that ready to contribute and have exprience
On O: Jeff Thomas
Navaugn Donaldson
Travis H will make someone’s roster

On D: G Will
Mike jack
Shaq
Quan
Redwine
Garvin
Bandy
Dean(has potential but might not reach his potential here, someone will pick him up).

Those cats will play on Sunday. On O A lot of out talent is young and inexperienced. And then the oline is just sorry asf RN. Losing 82 was big. Personally I think the WR rotation needs to be shortened to 4, 18, 7 & 3 with guys like 81, or 8 getting fatigue reps.. but on O I wouldn’t trade or skill guys with anyone we loss to. But our oline has been as bad as anyone else in the nation. Them guys just haven’t stepped up. I like the young guys we have waiting on the the oline tho

Advertisement
When someone don’t agree with some of y’all it’s trolling...when y’all say “talent” it’s so narrow sited. It’s like y’all only see Talent depending on the programs pedigree. On our roster RN here are the guys with for sure NFL caliber talent that ready to contribute and have exprience
On O: Jeff Thomas
Navaugn Donaldson
Travis H will make someone’s roster

On D: G Will
Mike jack
Shaq
Quan
Redwine
Garvin
Bandy
Dean(has potential but might not reach his potential here, someone will pick him up).

Those cats will play on Sunday. On O A lot of out talent is young and inexperienced. And then the oline is just sorry asf RN. Losing 82 was big. Personally I think the WR rotation needs to be shortened to 4, 18, 7 & 3 with guys like 81, or 8 getting fatigue reps.. but on O I wouldn’t trade or skill guys with anyone we loss to. But our oline has been as bad as anyone else in the nation. Them guys just haven’t stepped up. I like the young guys we have waiting on the the oline tho

You are forgetting DJ will make a roster. Harley probably will. Mallory and Brevin will also make a roster. We have more NFL talent than any other Coastal team on the offense.

Well..ask bama..Clemson..Ohio st. That’s the company we want be in right. You’d need 60 great payers to be in that group. We had a very good season last year. But I see the drop off this year when u have to depend on younger guys. You lose to veteran experienced teams. I know we don’t like to hear this as a fan base but it’s true. Go look at Sabans 1st 2 years. Or Dabos 1st few years. Or jimbo when he first started at FSU. Is Richt a level or two below those names, yes. But It takes time. At Miami he has a blueprint of success. From coaches who won big here without the resume as his. Can it be duplicated again is the question. But I get us fans want to say the “U” has no business losing to Virginia or BC but we haven’t been the U since ‘03. 4 to 5 year process. Next year I expect improvements on O. If it’s not trending that way by this date next year, I’m with y’all on finding a new coach. But the RIGHT coach. Not just anyone

If only there is a coach with a track record of recruiting and developing large numbers of great players who is willing to take the Miami job.

Advertisement
Back