Rhett to South Carolina?

he just said in interview this morning that his dream is to become a HC...

That's what they all say. But at the end of the day, he's here at least one more and USCe will be looking for an experienced HC.

Advertisement
Having a great quarterback will make any offensive coordinators job easier. Otherwise, the rest of your take is hot garbage. This offense is out producing every offense we had under Richt or Enos in pretty much every statistical category. Our tight ends have combined for 36 receptions for 503 yards and 7 touchdowns. That’s with Jordan missing half the season. They’re averaging over 70 more yards per game and 8 more points per game this year over last year. Yes, King is responsible for a lot of the success but it’s not so easy as to plug in a quarterback and have an instantly better offense. Case in point , Houston. They had King for the first four games last year and flopped. If just having a good quarterback was enough to make any coach look good, why did it not work for Dana Holgerson last year?
Shane Buechele yards per attempt is higher, completion percentage is higher and TD to INT ratio is better this year. The running game hasn't changed either this year with a freshman running back.

Houston's team was a disaster last year. entire Oline was hurt and tons of players took a redshirt. But sure Lashlee is da gawd b/c he scored 25pt against a shltty Vtech defense

Have you seen our offensive line play??
in your own post game recap you said exactly what I said. King deserves all the praise and this team would be sub .500 without him.

Lashlee is fine. I hope he stays long term. But this idea that he is some elite OC, next in line for every big job is a bit exaggerated. The offensive improvements this year begins and ends with King and having tackles who belong on a p5 level.

Shane Buechele yards per attempt is higher, completion percentage is higher and TD to INT ratio is better this year. The running game hasn't changed either this year with a freshman running back.

Houston's team was a disaster last year. entire Oline was hurt and tons of players took a redshirt. But sure Lashlee is da gawd b/c he scored 25pt against a shltty Vtech defense
So, King alone is capable of making Miami a good offensive team regardless of lines, receivers, or coaches according to you but he wasn’t good enough to do the same thing at Houston? If King is the only reason Miami’s offense has improved significantly and the coaching and system don’t matter, why did Houston flop?

Advertisement
So let me see if I understand your claims.

Freeze just got a pay raise to $3 million per year. He could be expected to make at least $5 million per year at South Carolina. He's 51 years old.

So you think he would bypass $2 million per year for the next 10 to 20 years (and we all know the SEC money will escalate faster than the Liberty money) so that he can have "low risk" and "ride it out to retirement"?

While that might be logical for the 9-to-5-ers on this board, I don't think that is an accurate reflection of how college football coaches feel on a competitive basis, and what they are willing to do to continue an upward progression in their careers.
It's ok , we do not have to have the same opinion.

in your own post game recap you said exactly what I said. King deserves all the praise and this team would be sub .500 without him.

Lashlee is fine. I hope he stays long term. But this idea that he is some elite OC, next in line for every big job is a bit exaggerated. The offensive improvements this year begins and ends with King and having tackles who belong on a p5 level.
I didn't say exactly the same thing... I gave both King & Lashlee credit for this season.

King deserves a lot of great praise but to act as if Lashlee isn't a good OC is downright insane.

Maybe you're unfamiliar with Lashlee's resume but he's one of the best OC's in college football & he earned that accolade before he ever set foot in Coral Gables.

Advertisement
I didn't say exactly the same thing... I gave both King & Lashlee credit for this season.

King deserves a lot of great praise but to act as if Lashlee isn't a good OC is downright insane.

Maybe you're unfamiliar with Lashlee's resume but he's one of the best OC's in college football & he earned that accolade before he ever set foot in Coral Gables.

yup. this is absolutely ridiculous. king has played 4 games the year before and didnt have a spring and summer with a new OC at a new school with new teammates. what lashlee has done with king and the O has been great regardless of how good king was nearly 2 years ago. king is our best player and it isnt close, but lashlee does deserve some praise for how hes worked with king and how hes improved the O.

this is why i think this fanbase wouldnt be hired with any coach here no matter what we do.

Fickell would be their top guy but he isn’t going to Columbia. BTW, he was the coach of the Buckeyes when we beat them at whatever our stadium was called in 2011! Guy has Tressel/Urban bloodlines. Lash is not on anyone’s short list, get serious.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
South Carolina is a ****** job, whoever takes that job will be gone in 3-5 years

True. But the funny thing is whoever takes that job will make $3-4M a year plus buyout. Call in a nice $12-20M even if you fail miserably. Hard to pass up. And if you do pull off a 9-10 win season or two there? Then you getting called up higher

I saw someone else mention Tony Elliot from Clemson. I'd love SC to poach him from Clemson and see if that weakens them at all.
I'll let you tell me why Elliott in South Carolina not going to happen over Freeze, Napier or Fickell? Hint, he doesn't have the requisite privilege or relationships. If it does happen it'll be because those others didn't want that dead end job.

Advertisement
They’re hiring Freeze unless they get outbid or he says no.

Exactly.

Lashlee hasn't even put together one full quality playcalling season at Miami.

Let's not go sizing him up for any head coaching gigs just yet.

Gotta love our fans screaming "lifetime contract" for the guy after UAB and Louisville wins.

Advertisement
Back