Rhett to South Carolina?

Advertisement
I saw something about Lashlee for Southern Miss job which I think is 100 times more likely than USCe. Apparently he was considered a few years back when he was Auburn OC.

"A handful of names have emerged, including but not limited to South Carolina defensive coordinator Travaris Robinson, Tulane offensive coordinator Will Hall, Indiana defensive coordinator Kane Wommack, Baylor defensive coordinator Ron Roberts and Miami offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee, though Lashlee is helping lead Miami’s resurgence into the top 10 of the national polls and is expected to have myriad options, should he decide he wants to take the next step in his coaching career."
Not happening against that list

Jerry Falwell is no longer in charge.

He has an extension with Liberty, and I doubt Liberty would renege.

But Freeze has topped out. He's never going to get any more money out of Liberty. He's not getting an extension/raise every time he beats a P5 school. Liberty only has so much money to spend, and Falwell is no longer the president.
good point

what a wish list, Freeze is their choice but will Stankey allow him back in SEC ?? Fickel waiting for right job,Campbell
not a good fit. Billy Napier is a good fit and would take the job, he's from SC

Advertisement
King could have made Richt or Penos look like Lane Kiffin.

I have no idea why people are so enamored with Lashlee as the next greatest thing. Some drives are quite good and other drives play-calling is the worst ive literally ever seen. Any uptick on offense this year is 95% due to King and he can't get enough credit.
Folks, here is another guy that knows his football, if rhett lashlee left, it wouldn't be a big deal, he hasn't shown anything special, out running game is trash because he simply doesn't know how to use formations to the offensive players advantages, him and blake baker with his obvious *** blitzes. Trying to run more offensive plays than the other team is futile, we just need to run more productive offensive plays than the other team. What did hugh freeze and Liberty do that rhett couldn't. Also, not just King, N'kosi put up over 400 passing yards last year against V-Tech in dumb enos's offense and brought us back from down 28 to 0 to take the lead at 35 to 35 only to have coach hartley's prized kicking recruit bubba baxta shank the extra point

Which is why when the commentators kept talking about why coach diaz brought King in, to give the team confidence, we have seen perry when he's at his best, it's s thing of beauty and it's a level we don't know if King has at all, we saw the Clemson game, but if we just go by like opponents, N'kosi put up more yards and points in 1st year with Miami OC dumb enos offense and a better d-co against V:Tech than what King and 1dt year at Miami OC Rhett lashlee did this last game. I got way more confidence in perry if we talking comebacks.

The thing about perry, he's about that action, not all the in-house minutia and politics that coach diaz is into. It's similar to the same reasons the penn disgrace morons didn't offer teddy bridgewater and didn't want him in that class.

It would be comical if rhett became the front-runner for that SC job, in the meantime, we're still waiting for that "cutting edge" offense coach diaz has been having about because right now, we can't run. We got three proven runningbacks now, defensive coordinators in the ACC have already pick-uped on coach lashlee's run tendecies. He's going to have to tweak his offensive philosophy, that "running more plays" philosophy is un-necessary.

When you say "worst play-calling" , in an earlier post on another thread I gave rhett lashlee to much credit, I said how did V-Tech get the ball back with almost 2mins left to go even tho we had the ball with 2 possessions and 7mins left in the game. It actually ended up being worst than that, when couch got that pick, it was 5:52 on the clock, we got possession of the ball twice, and gave the ball back to V-Tech with still almost 2mins left, that much be the "cutting edge" offense coach diaz keeps talking bout, spread concepts my ***!

If Rhett stays with the Canes, he can bargain for a higher salary and also help the Canes recruit a QB along with other offensive talent.

I hope Likens and Justice are learning, preparing and waiting in the wings. It sounds like if Lashlee stays two years with the Canes, and is successful this year and next, he is definitely gone. A 10-1 season might also lead Lashlee to take a mid-major head coaching opportunity after this season

Advertisement
Usc is a lower tier sec job. Above vandy but below Florida Georgia bama. Also
Clemson runs that state and is a major hurdle

Advertisement
I didn't say exactly the same thing... I gave both King & Lashlee credit for this season.

King deserves a lot of great praise but to act as if Lashlee isn't a good OC is downright insane.

Maybe you're unfamiliar with Lashlee's resume but he's one of the best OC's in college football & he earned that accolade before he ever set foot in Coral Gables.
Lashlee looked elite against that 60-70th ranked UNC defense today.

For every 1 good drive he puts together. He has another 3 that are completely unforgivable. He has no idea how to get the run game going and refuses to bench that ******* ***** Wiggins. King is the ONLY difference between this year and last year

Advertisement
Back