Rhett to South Carolina?

Advertisement
cada26f9e46a99c11053ecc0e4d6ab18.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
They’re hiring Freeze unless they get outbid or he says no.
I would be very surprised if he does not say no. He just got an extension and the money is far better in a low risk/high return program than an SEC school with the win now mentality. He can stay there and ride it out to retirement with little worries about being fired, with the exception of a morality issue. Stranger things have happened though.

Advertisement
I would be very surprised if he does not say no. He just got an extension and the money is far better in a low risk/high return program than an SEC school with the win now mentality. He can stay there and ride it out to retirement with little worries about being fired, with the exception of a morality issue. Stranger things have happened though.

I’m just passing along what I heard two weeks ago. Also Freeze isn’t a ride it out guy. He wants to show people he can win at a high level. Should he take that job? No. South Carolina is a dead end, but bc it’s SEC people will always take it.

Advertisement
Nope.

It'll be Freeze, Napier, or Fickell.
I just listened to a podcast this morning talking about Fickell (pod was about the Michigan job) and appareantly fickell has made comments comparing his situation at cinci to Gary Patterson at TCU. I think he is happy there and likes recruiting that area. Not sure a low/mid tier SEC job would be attractive enough. The podcast guys said he wouldn’t take Michigan, so I don’t see USCe.

Napier makes a lot of sense.

I’m just passing along what I heard two weeks ago. Also Freeze isn’t a ride it out guy. He wants to show people he can win at a high level. Should he take that job? No. South Carolina is a dead end, but bc it’s SEC people will always take it.
Edit: I heard this about Tennessee not South Carolina.

Advertisement
Back