Rhett to South Carolina?

Advertisement
My money is on Freeze. South Carolina loves hiring coaches past their prime with good resumes.

Someone's going to take a flier on Lashlee, but it's likely going to be at a Group of 5 school; not an SEC school.

Im sorry but the SEC schools have more brains to hire an OC that has never run a program as a HC. The worry of losing Lashlee is more realistic for a better paying SEC OC job or HC at Cinci or somewhere like that where that coach moves into a Power 5 like Fickell.

They’ve hired multiple first time head guys in the SEC.

Advertisement
Little chance Lashlee ends up as USC OC. I like him as our OC and would hate to see him leave, but if/when this happens, there are many coaches who run varying types of spread offenses, so it is almost plug and play.
Areed. If Lashlee were to take another job, at the very least we know his replacement would be another spread/no huddle guy. I’d prefer to keep the continuity though.

LASHLEE ain't going anywhere. I'll be here for the next year's opening game.
Wait...so @hydro66 is actually Rhett Lashlee???

1605550595604.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
going to South Carolina and getting your **** kicked by the elite of the SEC, didn't Hugh Freeze already see that movie at Ole Miss? Why wouldn't he wait for a better job than that to be offered.

The smart coaches realize when they have a good thing going for themselves and winning for a few years at Liberty might actually have some appeal after getting your teeth kicked in for years in the SEC.

As for Rhett Lashlee taking over a program now after 1 year at UM and some great experience on the offensive side of the ball previously that is just crazy, I mean what self-respecting program hires a coordinator to be their head coach with no previous head coaching experience (whether it is a 6 hour search or not!)? Only poorly run administrations would go with that approach.

Except Lashlee has had plenty of success at other places without King. And Houston looked like dog crap with King last year so there’s that.
Enos and his miserable personality would still be here if King was here last year. King is the difference in the offense. Not lashlee. His play calling is nothing remarkable.

We don't incorporate the tight ends whatsoever and the running game is horrible. But i guess since he runs fancy uptempo then for some reason fans think his runs up the gut into 7 defenders is somehow better than when Richt did it

Advertisement
Steve Sarkisian will be at the top of their list IMO. He's been a head coach at a major program and plus he's under Saban's tutelage.

Enos and his miserable personality would still be here if King was here last year. King is the difference in the offense. Not lashlee. His play calling is nothing remarkable.

We don't incorporate the tight ends whatsoever and the running game is horrible. But i guess since he runs fancy uptempo then for some reason fans think his runs up the gut into 7 defenders is somehow better than when Richt did it

This ain't fair. Is Lashlee the second coming? No. But the difference last year both stat-wise and in what our eyes are telling us is stark. He's done a great job revamping the offense. And this is with an OL and WR corps that is average at best. Not to mention, we had a very interrupted offseason to implement a new offense.

Advertisement
Back