Rewatching The Game: Caveman Penos Discovers Fire

OL line is finally showing up and Jarren is becoming more chill... ;-)

Honestly, starting against a strong D like UF set him back a little, but that's ok. We coming back strong now!

Even when they were struggling overall, our O line has always looked better from the gun. Even in that game against UF...the first drive where we marched right down the field everything was from the gun and we did fine in pass pro.

That's what's so infuriating about this waste of a season. With the schedule we had, employing that type of approach on offense would have us sitting at 1, or at most, 2 losses right now.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Welp, many of us were worried Penos would be a stubborn fool, but it appears he's either had a realization he doesn't want to go back to only coaching QBs, or Manny had a talk with him.

I have to re watch this game, but for the second week in a row the majority of our big plays have come when Jarren was not under center.

1. We're getting the ball out much quicker on short passes

2. Play fakes giving Jarren an extra blocker and executing them quicker as well thanks to changes in formations.

3. Allowing Jarren to see the whole field instantly

4. Run game operating more efficiently with the wider formations

Still 3 games left but it seems Penos has now discovered fire and has progressed to making crude cave drawings of passing routes with his *****.

It took him a while but he could possibly be getting there as an OC.

Hope this continues rest of season. If he shows us that he adapted and it worked and it keeps rolling he might have the P from his name dropped.

Ball's in Penos' court now.

Welp, many of us were worried Penos would be a stubborn fool, but it appears he's either had a realization he doesn't want to go back to only coaching QBs, or Manny had a talk with him.

I have to re watch this game, but for the second week in a row the majority of our big plays have come when Jarren was not under center.

1. We're getting the ball out much quicker on short passes

2. Play fakes giving Jarren an extra blocker and executing them quicker as well thanks to changes in formations.

3. Allowing Jarren to see the whole field instantly

4. Run game operating more efficiently with the wider formations

Still 3 games left but it seems Penos has now discovered fire and has progressed to making crude cave drawings of passing routes with his *****.

It took him a while but he could possibly be getting there as an OC.

Hope this continues rest of season. If he shows us that he adapted and it worked and it keeps rolling he might have the P from his name dropped.

Ball's in Penos' court now.
I eagerly await Enos discovering how to craft simple tools out of sticks. Look forward to your analysis.

Yup!!!

just have to worry about him overthinking things over the bye...

but proofs in production we are best out of the shotgun with no bull**** play action or FBs on the field

OP no longer going on NCAA.com and telling us what the stats say? Wow. What a historic day.

Advertisement
I may have to eat crow on my Enos hate. I will gladly do it if he keeps putting up performances like this.

Those deep posts and go routes have been there ALL SEASON. It's infuriating that it took THIS long for them to attack deep more often.

It's not a coiincidence that almost everything good that happened yesterday on offense came from the shotgun. It's what we've been yelling for all season. Again....infuriating that it took this long.

Hard to see down field when on your back seeing sky. Improved oline changes everything.

To think how many ******* imbeciles are infesting this place constantly doing the only thing they're capable of and *****ing about the "play calling" when right in front of their eyes was an all time horrible OL and N'****** at the helm to now this is hilarious.

CIS has completely lost a step. No doubt this place is filled with some of the dumbest people in Miami.

I dont want a genius coach who knows everything. I want a coach who recognizes what works and use that and throw away what doesn't. They should have made the adjustments when we were struggling to block. This is where the HC is important to step in and guide the assistants.

I wanna see improvements, and progress from quarter to quarter of the season. We must have an identity by the time the season is over. I see improvements and I wanna see more. Beat FIU and Duke and win a bowl game, that would be 6 in a row to end the season.

Advertisement
To think how many ******* imbeciles are infesting this place constantly doing the only thing they're capable of and *****ing about the "play calling" when right in front of their eyes was an all time horrible OL and N'****** at the helm to now this is hilarious.

CIS has completely lost a step. No doubt this place is filled with some of the dumbest people in Miami.

1573351215592.png

If you can't watch our games from the start of the season until now and see the changes in both formations, play design, and blocking schemes, I suggest you stop pretending to understand football and keep your comments in line with other casual chick fans, and just give us all a simple but spirited "yay go team go! Woohoo!"

If you can't watch our games from the start of the season until now and see the changes in both formations, play design, and blocking schemes, I suggest you keep your comments in line with most chick fans, and just give us all a simple "yay go team go! Woohoo!"
Yea, the changes are the OL have progressed as the season went on and we no longer have N'Kosi at QB. You, the typical Miami fan that thinks they are the superior AD, HC, OC, and DC that runs rampant on this site, couldn't see that and thought it was coaching holding us back.

Advertisement
Yea, the changes are the OL have progressed as the season went on and we no longer have N'Kosi at QB. You, the typical Miami fan that thinks they are the superior AD, HC, OC, and DC that runs rampant on this site, couldn't see that and thought it was coaching holding us back.

Lol yeah like I said, stick to wearing the Victoria Secret Hurricanes pajamas your boyfriend got you and Fvck off when it comes to actual football discussions.

Lol yeah like I said, stick to wearing the Victoria Secret Hurricanes pajama your boyfriend got you and Fvck off.
Fvck off where dumb****? To no longer rub your ugly face that you're consistently wrong? Keep to scrolling the stats page on NCAA.com and telling us who you "think" is a good coach.

Advertisement

Oh shut the fvck up. Did the OL magically get better, or did Enos start doing things differently to help ease the pressure put on the OL?

Our 9 biggest plays yesterday (Including the 3 TDs) ...

1. All came out of the shotgun.

2. 8 of the 9 plays utilized the RB as an extra pass blocker.

3. The only play a RB didn't help block was when he was used on a RB screen.

4. The play actions out of the gun let Jarren get the ball out much faster than slow developing play actions from under center where he's turning his back to the defense and running backwards 10 yards while the DL closes in on his ***.

5. On these plays his RB was able to quickly pivot off the fake and immediately help out in pass pro and give Jarren more time.

6. Jarren got his eyes downfield so much faster than the deep play action drops from under center.

Pretty obvious what Enos should've been doing all year. We've begged for these changes to the offense to help protect the OL. Don't Fvck this up for us just make the proper adjustments going forward, you ******* boomer.

He needs to throw that 90's offense out the window so we can finish 8-4 or he'll end up coaching QBs in the MAC.
We need to stay in the pistol. Have we improved yes. Have we played anyone? Nope. With that being said lets win out and see who we play in a bowl game. The tougher opponent the better, it will be a good test for the coaches, and the players. Next year our schedule is a joke, so there is no excuse fot not winning the coastal.

Fvck off where dumb****? To no longer rub your ugly face that you're consistently wrong? Keep to scrolling the stats page on NCAA.com and telling us who you "think" is a good coach.

Fvck off to where? Your boyfriend's *******? ****? I don't give a shlt. Just take your pencil neck geek *** and Fvck off, stop clogging up threads based on actual strategic football discussion with your casual rah-rah cuck takes.

Go start a thread for nerds who have no clue about the game and talk about which flavor caprisuns you wanna hand the team at Canewalk next year or how you're gonna decorate orange and green cupcakes for the pep rally, ******.

Even when they were struggling overall, our O line has always looked better from the gun. Even in that game against UF...the first drive where we marched right down the field everything was from the gun and we did fine in pass pro.

That's what's so infuriating about this waste of a season. With the schedule we had, employing that type of approach on offense would have us sitting at 1, or at most, 2 losses right now.
We need to stay in the pistol, what a difference. Glad to see Enos and Manny got their heads out of their ***.

Advertisement
Back