Rewatching The Game: Caveman Penos Discovers Fire

Then why was the Louisville game Manny's big test? And can you point me toward the threads where you predicted two straight blowout wins? Thanks in advance.
Tell me something how do you thin
Do you realize that this is yr 2019, and MIAs foootball program has half the budget of what the elite programs spend, or do you still think this is the 80's when MIA was independent?? I feel bad that you've been in a coma for this long, but it doesn't change the fact that you're seriously out of touch with reality.
Hey bud we didn't have **** for money in the 80's. Our weight room looked like a HS weight room. Go eat your snack and go to bed.

Advertisement
Do you even realize that this is 2019, and MIAs foootball program has half the budget of what the elite programs spend, or do you still think this is the 80's when MIA was independent?? I feel bad that you've been in a coma for this long, but it doesn't change the fact that you're seriously out of touch with reality.
And your like all the little girls from your generation where everyone gets a trophy. Bunch of pussies.

You guys understand that with Jarren at QB we had the RPO game humming all year long right? That was his knock, all he can do is the short and intermediate routes. Then, the OL finally progresses - is able to hold their blocks - and we then add the deep ball to our game.

This isn't ******* rocket science. It didn't take Enos 25 years of being in CFB and he coincidentally finally figured it out in week 8 at Miami. The 11 guys we had on the field for the first 8 games simply weren't good enough. If you think Enos has done anything drastic to the play calling the last 2 games you're out of your mind.

You guys understand that with Jarren at QB we had the RPO game humming all year long right? That was his knock, all he can do is the short and intermediate routes. Then, the OL finally progresses - is able to hold their blocks - and we then add the deep ball to our game.

This isn't ******* rocket science. It didn't take Enos 25 years of being in CFB and he coincidentally finally figured it out in week 8 at Miami. The 11 guys we had on the field for the first 8 games simply weren't good enough. If you think Enos has done anything drastic to the play calling the last 2 games you're out of your mind.

The short explanation=execution. Particularly the O line.

Advertisement
Then why was the Louisville game Manny's big test? And can you point me toward the threads where you predicted two straight blowout wins? Thanks in advance.
Louisville has a great offense and was playing good D. I said we have improved but I want to play a tough opponent in a bowl game.

We should have been out of the pistol since day 1.

Tell me something how do you thin

Hey bud we didn't have **** for money in the 80's. Our weight room looked like a HS weight room. Go eat your snack and go to bed.

You're pretty dense if you think the difference back then between MIA and the elite programs was as stark as it is today in terms of budget. Its actually not even comparable the amount of $$ being spent today compared to back then. Furthermore back then the MIA administration also maintained a "win at all costs" mentality that it no longer can afford given it's history and current NCAA climate. Every fan wants to win..but at the same time you also have to make sure the expectations are in proper context/perspective.

Enjoy the struggle. The process. And the journey. That's all you can do..

Last edited:
Advertisement
The anonymous keyboard marvels are the "hindsight is 20/20" geniuses coming out with their pompous comments calling people morons, stupid, etc.
Wow... CIS's finest!

You're pretty dense if you think the difference back then between MIA and the elite programs was as stark as it is today in terms of budget. Its actually not even comparable the amount of $$ being spent today compared to back then. Furthermore back then the MIA administration also maintained a "win at all costs" mentality that it no longer can afford given it's history and current NCAA climate. Every fan wants to win..but at the same you also have to make sure the expectations are in proper context/perspective.

[/QUOTE]
1. This AD is a *****.
2. The money is there.
3. I do not accept this program being mediocre. Unfortunately this program is running by a bunch of nerds, that that ***** Strawley and Blake the ***** James.

Advertisement
Yea, the changes are the OL have progressed as the season went on and we no longer have N'Kosi at QB. You, the typical Miami fan that thinks they are the superior AD, HC, OC, and DC that runs rampant on this site, couldn't see that and thought it was coaching holding us back.
^^ hasn’t been watching the games.

Advertisement
To think how many ******* imbeciles are infesting this place constantly doing the only thing they're capable of and *****ing about the "play calling" when right in front of their eyes was an all time horrible OL and N'****** at the helm to now this is hilarious.

CIS has completely lost a step. No doubt this place is filled with some of the dumbest people in Miami.

The necessary adjustments were obvious from the preseason and undeniable after the Florida game.

Shame it took him so long to see the writing on the wall. We wouldn’t be doing calculus trying to figure what it would take to make the acc championship game.

Better late than never. If he sticks with it and keeps believing the tape, we can be much more like the team everyone wants to see.

You're pretty dense if you think the difference back then between MIA and the elite programs was as stark as it is today in terms of budget. Its actually not even comparable the amount of $$ being spent today compared to back then. Furthermore back then the MIA administration also maintained a "win at all costs" mentality that it no longer can afford given it's history and current NCAA climate. Every fan wants to win..but at the same time you also have to make sure the expectations are in proper context/perspective.

1. This AD is a *****.
2. The money is there.
3. I do not accept this program being mediocre. Unfortunately this program is running by a bunch of nerds, that that ***** Strawley and Blake the ***** James.
[/QUOTE]

1.) The 1st thing that you need to understand is because of ACC revenue sharing and TV deals, it does not require every team to put forth the same financial commitment that Clemson invests. MIA's administration is Ok with putting forth the bare minimum because they realize that they will get paid regardless. This is why I brought up the pt of MIA being Independent. Back then the administration actually cared about winning because the very livelihood of the athletic dept. depended on it.

2.) The reason why football budgets are more relevant today is because it's almost impossible for a private university that barely has a billion dollar endowment to win a championship in today's CFB landscape. Though I am still confident/optimistic it could happen. The only private schools that have a legitimate shot at winning a championship are programs that have 5x or 10x the endowment of MIA-like USC & ND respectively. Even UNC which is a middle of the road ACC coastal team and basketball schools spends more on football than MIA does

3.) The only fans that maintain championship or bust expectations are those who are delusional and really have no clue about the current state of affairs in CFB. Tempering expectations at this stage does not mean that you are slurping or being a homer. Maybe in an alternative universe it means that but definitely not in this world

It’s not that simple.

The under center play action was a drive killer 90% of the time he called.

Leaving the freshman tackles one on one was pure hubris.

The players and the play caller have both gotten better.

They BOTH still have a ways to go.

Advertisement
Back