Rewatching The Game: Caveman Penos Discovers Fire

WhatTheHell

"WE CANT DEMAND PERFECTION.”
Banned
Our 9 biggest plays yesterday (Including the 3 TDs) ...

1. All came out of the shotgun.

2. 8 of the 9 plays utilized the RB as an extra pass blocker.

3. The only play a RB didn't help block was when he was used on a RB screen.

4. The play actions out of the gun let Jarren get the ball out much faster than slow developing play actions from under center where he's turning his back to the defense and running backwards 10 yards while the DL closes in on his ***.

5. On these plays his RB was able to quickly pivot off the fake and immediately help out in pass pro and give Jarren more time.

6. Jarren got his eyes downfield so much faster than the deep play action drops from under center.

Pretty obvious what Enos should've been doing all year. We've begged for these changes to the offense to help protect the OL. Don't Fvck this up for us just make the proper adjustments going forward, you ******* boomer.

He needs to throw that 90's offense out the window so we can finish 8-4 or he'll end up coaching QBs in the MAC.

Last edited:
Advertisement

4. The play actions out of the gun let Jarren get the ball out much faster than slow developing play actions from under center where he's running backwards 10 yards.

5. On these plays his back was able to quickly pivot off the fake and immediately help out in pass pro and give Jarren more time.

Pretty obvious what Enos should've been doing all year. Don't Fvck this up for us just make the proper adjustments going forward, you ******* boomer.

He needs to throw that 90's offense out the window so we can finish 8-4 or he'll end up coaching QBs in the MAC.
Strong

4. The play actions out of the gun let Jarren get the ball out much faster than slow developing play actions from under center where he's running backwards 10 yards.

5. On these plays his back was able to quickly pivot off the fake and immediately help out in pass pro and give Jarren more time.

Pretty obvious what Enos should've been doing all year. We've begged for these changes to the offense to help protect the OL. Don't Fvck this up for us just make the proper adjustments going forward, you ******* boomer.

He's not doing Netflix, just yet, but Enos is that guy who juuuust discovered DVD players and thinks,"Hey, this picture quality is MUCH better than my Beta player."

But this is progress...

Advertisement
He's not doing Netflix, just yet, but Enos is that guy who juuuust discovered DVD players and thinks,"Hey, this picture quality is MUCH better than my Beta player."

But this is progress...

Enos leans back in chair during film session:
"You guys ever hear about this Youber thing? Apparently it's a taxi cab you order from your cellular phone."

/holds Motorola Razr out in front of face with two hands and squints

It's always very disturbing to me when our board amateurs notice things way before our coaches. I apply the term "amateur" in the most respectful way possible to the experts on this board--you don't get paid to coach football.

At least, however, we can see them adjusting within a few games and then getting results. I pray this isn't the old "Golden started calling the defense" flash in the pan, but it's better than it taking 4 years of futility and stubbornness.

It's always very disturbing to me when our board amateurs notice things way before our coaches. I apply the term "amateur" in the most respectful way possible to the experts on this board--you don't get paid to coach football.

At least, however, we can see them adjusting within a few games and then getting results. I pray this isn't the old "Golden started calling the defense" flash in the pan, but it's better than it taking 4 years of futility and stubbornness.

you don't have to get paid to be a coach. everyone offers something and sees things differently. some coaches are so stubborn, they are unwilling to change. its like people who complain about high gas prices in California/NY/NJ or the high taxes but continue to vote for the same idiots who raised them every single election.

I think it is all @Andrew 's doing. He camped in front Enos's house for the last 2 weeks demanding a change. I heard he even threatened to join CIS crowd asking for his firing if he doesn't keep up with modern football.

Advertisement
Guy is soo attached to his black n white tv. Even when he stayed with family last year and saw what HD, LED laser tv looked like, he still tried to convince his wife that the ol tv was fine when he went back home.. Only when he over heard her on phone making plans to get dolled up to go out "with the girls" did that ******* scramble to upgrade his life..

Enos leans back in chair during film session:
"You guys ever hear about this Youber thing? Apparently it's a taxi cab you order from your cellular phone."

/holds Motorola Razr out in front of face with two hands and squints

I haven't seen how effective we were out of this, but I was happy to see UM implement some 'pistol' formation. I get what Enos was trying to do, but with that Oline, that was the very definition of square peg to a round hole

Those deep posts and go routes have been there ALL SEASON. It's infuriating that it took THIS long for them to attack deep more often.

It's not a coiincidence that almost everything good that happened yesterday on offense came from the shotgun. It's what we've been yelling for all season. Again....infuriating that it took this long.

Advertisement
Those deep posts and go routes have been there ALL SEASON. It's infuriating that it took THIS long for them to attack deep more often.

It's not a coiincidence that almost everything good that happened yesterday on offense came from the shotgun. It's what we've been yelling for all season. Again....infuriating that it took this long.
OL line is finally showing up and Jarren is becoming more chill... ;-)

Honestly, starting against a strong D like UF set him back a little, but that's ok. We coming back strong now!

Advertisement
I haven't seen how effective we were out of this, but I was happy to see UM implement some 'pistol' formation. I get what Enos was trying to do, but with that Oline, that was the very definition of square peg to a round hole

next year those plays could be real nice...

Wasn't the first Jt4 TD PA from under center?

EDIT: nevermind. From the gun in review.

1572826656590.png

Advertisement
Back