Revisiting Robert Knowles

Ninjas would kill Robert Knowles.....but go to war and riot for Mike Rumph....help make it make sense.
giphy.gif

Rumph must owe you some serious money, anyways Knowles is on Banda

Advertisement
Advertisement
I thought Knowles would be good. He was not good. His limitations athletically, which are clear in retrospect when looking at testing numbers, prevented him from ever being a true Miami-caliber safety.

But we need to stop using his name as a slur on this board. The man stayed five years, never quit, took a ton of crap from the fanbase and worked himself into a serviceable safety. Rewatching the FSU game, I had forgotten how well he played.

There are plenty of busts and quitters who can be used as shorthand for a "bad Miami player." Knowles should never again be mentioned with those guys. He was a true Cane who didn't quit and earned his scholarship.
Kid was solid his SR year..and like u said never quit and was a model member in his community and represented the U

He should have never played a snap here, not special teams, not vs FSU, not vs famu. Simple as that.

Advertisement
LMAO the literal FIRST post after a guy who really does know the game says he played well against FSU. This guy is on a truly legendary run of being the literal worst. I gotta take my hat off. A performance for the ages. And on this board, it’s special to stick out this much for having diarrhea for brains.
Took the words right out of my mouth..... what a jerk

He was easily our best nickel safety and really challenged for the starting role. Dude made huge steps.

Advertisement
I remember Dallas Crawford use to drive me crazy. Now he had no business playing safety
What about the walk on Fentress that played big mins??

Kacy Rodgers

Lil highsmith

vaugh telemaque (SP)

woof the great safety’s that’s have come through here we sure did have a terrible slide for a

I thought Knowles would be good. He was not good. His limitations athletically, which are clear in retrospect when looking at testing numbers, prevented him from ever being a true Miami-caliber safety.

But we need to stop using his name as a slur on this board. The man stayed five years, never quit, took a ton of crap from the fanbase and worked himself into a serviceable safety. Rewatching the FSU game, I had forgotten how well he played.

There are plenty of busts and quitters who can be used as shorthand for a "bad Miami player." Knowles should never again be mentioned with those guys. He was a true Cane who didn't quit and earned his scholarship.

He was way better than Willie Cooper. That guy literally lost 2 games for us all by himself.

Took the words right out of my mouth..... what a jerk
Because I want us to move on and be excited about the safeties we have now instead of bringing up a guy who was a liability all 4 years he played here? I said the guy worked his *** off, never complained, and was probably a good dude and yet you idiots wanna trash me for posting the truth.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back