Revisit : Miami Legends debate who is the greatest player in the history of The U

He underthrew a wide open Jonathan Harris by 10yds for a sure TD as well...
The Johnson one was the dagger because we could not move the ball at all in the 4th, but I remember him missing Harris over the middle wide open. I think Costa did get murdered as he was throwing the ball. The Johnson overthrow it was a clean pocket.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The Johnson won was the dagger because we could not move the ball at all in the 4th, but I remember him missing Harris over the middle wide open. I think Costa did get murdered as he was throwing the ball. The Johnson overthrow it was a clean pocket.
Thanks to Erickson's Garbage *** QB and OL Recruiting....

The D played their asses off. They just wore us down and that FB Schlesinger started getting chunks on the dive. That is still one of my least favorite losses
Plus, at that point he pulled Berringer for Frazier in the 4th. Frazier still remains the best option quarterback I've seen at the college level.

Advertisement
Thanks to Erickson's Garbage *** QB and OL Recruiting....
I can say this because he is doing quite well professionally in business, but the best line of that year was the following. Zev Lumelski was notable at tackle because he could say "look out" in 6 languages. As bad as the 1995 Orange Bowl was, the 1994 Fiesta Bowl was worse. Never seen a defensive front completely shut down an offensive line like Arizona did. That is how bad that line was.

Advertisement
Yes and I corrected him.

???
You do realize that you responded to me just now and NOT "him"?

Seems like you're looking for some kinda thanks?

Didn't ask for or need any info on Dennis H. since I was talking to him and only referring to John Hannah

Have no idea why you even responded with that tidbit along with the broadcast of your daily activities. Didn't subscribe to that channel. That's why it was addressed to him.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
The ones I saw

Sapp - most dominant (yes, more than Brown)
Reed - probably single-handedly won more games than anyone
Andre Johnson - made people think Dorsey was a good QB
Shockey - most clutch receiver
Taylor

I get what you are saying. My argument is, Jerome Brown created the University of Miami as we knew it. He was the heart and soul of that culture being created.

Jerome's team was a lot better than 87 too. Just saying, Vinny picked a bad night to sh*t himself over and over again.
Jerome, Irvin, Highsmith, Bratton, the Blades brothers, Mira were all great but yes, the heart and soul of Miami was JB. He felt he was always the baddest man on the field.
UNTIL he played with Reggie White who may have been even better than Jerome though they admittedly made each other much better. Golic was trash on the Eagles line but readily admits it.

IMO greatest 5 Canes
T Hendricks
J Brown
W Sapp
S Taylor
M Irvin

They were each UNIQUE incredible talents, completely unstoppable on the field, ALL with indomitable never say die spirits.

Dennis Harrah. I don’t know what the **** I was thinking.
I have a card signed from him to me from wayyyy back. As much as I hate Bama, and the Patriots, John Hannah was one of the baddest men to ever play the game. He'd **** sure be on our list of top 5 players had we been lucky enough to have him. Far and away the best guard I ever saw play.

Don't feel bad. At least you were in the right ballpark name wise. It's not like you said Joe Montana.

Advertisement
Back