Revisit : Miami Legends debate who is the greatest player in the history of The U

Advertisement
Things like this are hard to agree on. The only player I can say who was our best ever is Hendricks.

Best QB I think is Kelly, but Kosar is right there. McKinnie is our best offensive lineman. Defensive lineman it's Brown or Sapp. We can argue all day about RBs, receivers, DBs and LBs.
Walsh was better than Kelly and Kosar "At UM".....

In 45yrs of watching UM FB....I've never seen a better performance by a UM DT than the show put on by Sapp against Nebraska in 95....He absolutely Destroyed them pretty much single-handedly for 3 quarters before exhaustion took over...if Riley didn't tear his ACL in the last reg season game, and Lang...Holmes weren't banged up...we Win...show me a single Player who neutralized Tommy Frazier (and Berringer) like he did......you can't....
Agreed. Maryland was pretty good against Texas in the ’90 Cotton Bowl though admittedly everyone had a good day

Advertisement
Advertisement
Who's your top 5?

5. Ray Lewis
4. Ken Dorsey
3. Sean Talyor
2. Ed Reed
1. Michael Irvin

15-0

Call me when one of those 5 have a national annual position award named after them and then maybe we can discuss. Until then Ted Hendricks is and will always be the best player to ever suit up for Miami. The fact that he ****ed off Heisman Trophy winner Steve Spurrier in Gainesville no less puts him as the lead face on the UM Mount Rushmore of Players.

You young guys can't imagine how good OJ Anderson was...his Game Winning TD run against UF in 78 is Legendary...
30 carries in the second half. It was November and it was on astro turf and it was unseasonably brutally hot. Glad I was there to see the toughest performance I've seen at any level. Lou singlehandedly put the game on OJ's shoulders. He has dragging guys for two to three extra yards.

In 45yrs of watching UM FB....I've never seen a better performance by a UM DT than the show put on by Sapp against Nebraska in 95....He absolutely Destroyed them pretty much single-handedly for 3 quarters before exhaustion took over...if Riley didn't tear his ACL in the last reg season game, and Lang...Holmes weren't banged up...we Win...show me a single Player who neutralized Tommy Frazier (and Berringer) like he did......you can't....
He was double-teamed on every single play. I remember we called a time out in the middle of the 4th quarter and Sapp was on one knee with his helmet off gasping for air. He went hard on every single play of that game. Had Costa not overthrown Taj Johnson who would open by 10 yards it wouldn't have mattered. Costa just got the living snot beaten out of him in that second half.

Advertisement
He was double-teamed on every single play. I remember we called a time out in the middle of the 4th quarter and Sapp was on one knee with his helmet off gasping for air. He went hard on every single play of that game. Had Costa not overthrown Taj Johnson who would open by 10 yards it wouldn't have mattered. Costa just got the living snot beaten out of him in that second half.
He underthrew a wide open Jonathan Harris by 10yds for a sure TD as well...

Many of the youngin’s think the program started in the 80’s. We had quite a few AA’s well before then. Jim Otto, John Hannah and Chuck Foremab barely get a mention - just to name a few.

Wasn't John Hannah with Bame and the Pats? In fact, I'm sure he was

Last edited:
Advertisement
I am saying without Jerome Brown and the culture he created, Jimmy Johnson doesn't have the career he had.
I don't believe that for one second...you still had 3 other AAs on that line...Hawkins...Jones and Stubbs...JJ Won his NC without Jerome on the team....

I don't believe that for one second...you still had 3 other AAs on that line...Hawkins...Jones and Stubbs...JJ Won his NC without Jerome on the team....
I get what you are saying. My argument is, Jerome Brown created the University of Miami as we knew it. He was the heart and soul of that culture being created.

Jerome's team was a lot better than 87 too. Just saying, Vinny picked a bad night to sh*t himself over and over again.

The D played their asses off. They just wore us down and that FB Schlesinger started getting chunks on the dive. That is still one of my least favorite losses

I
I get what you are saying. My argument is, Jerome Brown created the University of Miami as we knew it. He was the heart and soul of that culture being created.
I agree...but there were equally savage DLmen before Jerome
CAM00105.jpg
....Eddie Edwards is one....and before we go further...this was my License plate for 10yrs...when I could've gotten one with anyone....

Advertisement
Back