Revisit : Miami Legends debate who is the greatest player in the history of The U

Where is Malik Rosier??? He had the greatest single season statistically in Miami history

Hide Reaction GIF by flor

Advertisement
Without Kosar there is no Jerome Brown, Highsmith, or Bratton, but without Jerome Brown, there is no Jimmy Johnson or University of Miami as we know it.

If Ottis Anderson makes the list, then Jim Kelly has to be on there, too.
RB is tough. Willis had the best year by far. Duke next and best 3 year career. Edge had a better 2 year run than Ottis. Don’t see any in the top 5-10 from UM.

Sean Taylor would be dominant in any decade of football so I gotta give the nod to him. He had the rare combination of instinctual genius and top end athleticism. He was made in a **** lab it seems.
Not in today’s game... he’d be ejected at the first defensive snap of every game. He’d be a much more targeted version of Amari Carter.

Advertisement
RB is tough. Willis had the best year by far. Duke next and best 3 year career. Edge had a better 2 year run than Ottis. Don’t see any in the top 5-10 from UM.
Edge had much better teams than OJ had....(even on Probation) if OJ played on later UM teams...it wouldn't have been fair....

Edge had much better teams than OJ had....(even on Probation) if OJ played on later UM teams...it wouldn't have been fair....
Ottis was the first UM back over 1000 yards, on a 6-5 team that was Lou Saban's last team here, when the turnaround started. They beat a ranked Auburn team on the road that year.

Advertisement
I don't care what anyone says....If Ted Hendricks isn't in anyones All Time UM Top 5....They need their heads examined....I Love KD...But he doesn't belong in any UM Top 5
he's literally the greatest player to ever play for the university but did it before the 80s. criminally undersold. he has a **** postseason award named after him.

I don’t agree. I can give credit to performance at UM, but in real life edge was better anyhow as the nfl proved, so don’t see why you would expect Ottis to have been better than Edge on the teams Edge was on. Ottis was really good, don’t get me wrong. But not better than James, IMO.

Advertisement
I don’t agree. I can give credit to performance at UM, but in real life edge was better anyhow as the nfl proved, so don’t see why you would expect Ottis to have been better than Edge on the teams Edge was on. Ottis was really good, don’t get me wrong. But not better than James, IMO.
Again....Edge played on better teams...I never said he was better than Edge....but most certainly played on worse teams....OJ should also be in the HOF....and was a SB MVP to boot...

I'm going with Jerome... The Man encapsulated everything that we know and want as a Cane.. Getting close to 40 years since he was a Frosh and the impact he left is still strong as ever....

Advertisement
Things like this are hard to agree on. The only player I can say who was our best ever is Hendricks.

Best QB I think is Kelly, but Kosar is right there. McKinnie is our best offensive lineman. Defensive lineman it's Brown or Sapp. We can argue all day about RBs, receivers, DBs and LBs.

Advertisement
Back