Reviewing Tito Odenigbo

Advertisement
So basically we wasted a scholarship as I thought. I could be wrong and he could turn into Colbert but you honestly don't get that lucky twice.

I think we'll be completely fine at DL in terms of starters. It the depth. I doubt this guy will really help depth wise IMO.

It’s not a “wasted scholarship.” We aren’t going to be at 85 and he is going to the 5th defensive tackle most likely.

You don't take transfer in hopes he can edge out Tyreic Martin as the 5th DT.

Why not? There is absolutely no downside here.

Power ranked

Jackson
Willis
Djax
Ford
Garvin
Bethel
Patchan
Silvera
Odenigbo
Martin
Rousseau
T. Johnson

A grad transfer who can contribute right away at a position we're incredibly thin at and people still want to complain? He was productive on a bad team in Illinois. At the very least, he's the new Molten. Who knows, maybe with a little instruction from Kul, he could be even better. Willis, Bethel, Ford, Tito, Martin, incoming Nesta (who can play right away) and possibly Briggs (who should probably take a shirt) and DT depth is solid. People want to act like last year's guys are irreplaceable. Just a few years ago, Norton and Mac were ho-hum 3 star guys signing on to play for D'Onofiro's two gap scheme. If Kul can turn those guys into NFL picks, I'm confident he can work with the guys we currently have.

Advertisement
Who the **** thought Tito was gonna be a starter in the first place?

Willis, Bethel, Ford & Silvera are slated to be the top 4 in the DT rotation.

Adding Tito is just to provide experience & depth in case of injury & situational snaps on run downs.

Anything you get out of this kid is nothing more than a plus, we were never looking for a DT to start, just needed more bodies.

He's a 1 year rental. If he plays above expectations then great, it's a win win situation. Why is everything so difficult for Miami fans to understand? Smh.

this. this. and this.

they are looking for him to maybe get MAYBE 8-10 reps a game, be a guy who works hard, possibly contribute inside on special teams. that's it. as EL noted, if they get more? then that's a bonus. He't not wasted because it would be an unused scholly that they get back next year. This really is a "no lose" move if they think Kul can get something out of him.

Advertisement
Back