Reviewing Tito Odenigbo

[MENTION=5374]HurricaneVision[/MENTION], do you intend on posting any off-season breakdowns? i know it is a lot of work but it is very informative and generally generates good discussion

Advertisement
The more chosen comments, the dumber he sounds. It’s not wasting a scholarship. Did we only have one to give to a dline grad transfer? As if another guy becoame available we wasted it on this guy? If another guy becomes available, don’t worry, we have another to take a flier on a another dlineman. We didn’t blow our only grad transfer ship on this guy.

And the other guy is obviously a troll.

[MENTION=5374]HurricaneVision[/MENTION], do you intend on posting any off-season breakdowns? i know it is a lot of work but it is very informative and generally generates good discussion

I actually intend to do a breakdown of our 3rd down problems to get a read on plays we generally run, whether they were successful plays or not (keep in mind if the play gets a guy wide open and then he drops the pass- for example- that's a successful play to me, the receiver just dropped it), then offer my thoughts. I generally keep my commentary to a minimum because the commentary is where threads tend to go south, but I had planned to do that some, yes.

As for Tito, I did this really just to satisfy my own curiosity and to hopefully feed some discussion on the board. It appears I was wrong to do that as this has morphed into everything but the film of Tito against Wisconsin and what he can do for us.

Not every thread is going to be a success though.

I actually intend to do a breakdown of our 3rd down problems to get a read on plays we generally run, whether they were successful plays or not (keep in mind if the play gets a guy wide open and then he drops the pass- for example- that's a successful play to me, the receiver just dropped it), then offer my thoughts. I generally keep my commentary to a minimum because the commentary is where threads tend to go south, but I had planned to do that some, yes.

As for Tito, I did this really just to satisfy my own curiosity and to hopefully feed some discussion on the board. It appears I was wrong to do that as this has morphed into everything but the film of Tito against Wisconsin and what he can do for us.

Not every thread is going to be a success though.

You do good work bro.....keep it coming and ignore the agenda-driven dingbats.

Advertisement
Who the **** thought Tito was gonna be a starter in the first place?

Willis, Bethel, Ford & Silvera are slated to be the top 4 in the DT rotation.

Adding Tito is just to provide experience & depth in case of injury & situational snaps on run downs.

Anything you get out of this kid is nothing more than a plus, we were never looking for a DT to start, just needed more bodies.

He's a 1 year rental. If he plays above expectations then great, it's a win win situation. Why is everything so difficult for Miami fans to understand? Smh.

Sorry dude I disagree. Its not that i dislike using a scholarship on a grad transfer dt, it who we used it on that i dont like.

This was a retarded use of a scholarship if this dude can't fill the role of Norton. We needed to use this on a ****ing NT. And preferably one that can actually start. I mean the need for a pure NT isn't as bad as it would be if we were a 34 team, but this scholarship could have been used better. We really better hope this dude is ready to not get washed on double teams and be a force against the run and ****.

You name all those DT's, but how many of them are actually ready to be a starting NT taking on double teams and shutting down the run? Thats the problem. Tito is a 3tech DT. We don't need that. Literally Willis and Bethel are pure 3tech DTs and can't line up at 1tech unless its a pass down. Ford and Nesta are the guys we're gunna have to rock with at 1tech, but they are underclassman, and how they hold up against the run is what is worrying....Plus all the DTs we are still recruiting Except for Keondre Coburn are 3tech DTs.

In summation, Tito is a 3tech Dt, that we are likely going to be playing 1tech. Secondly We do not need 3tech DTs. EVERY DT we currently have or are going after can play 3tech. It would have made much more sense to get a pure NT as a grad transfer. This would be a win-win if that grad transfer was a proven 1tech dt, but he's not.

Serious question. Where’s this 5th year graduate transfer of Norton’s size and talent? Oh yea there isn’t one because they are either in the draft or staying at there school as a starter. Your logic is flawed at best. We only have 1 dt committed, would you rather us play a dt depth of only true frosh?

Some guys seriously need to take a break from CIS posting for awhile.

How can any Canes fan possibly find fault with bringing in a Graduate Transfer DT as a stop gap solution for depth purposes? Herbstreit said it best (as we could all see) that our roster does not have the necessary depth to take the next step. A starter goes down, and we are in trouble.

Even if no injury, you want to prevent late season fatigue.

Everyone knows our DL dilemma at present. We. Need. Help. And Tito gets us the help we need so that we don't have to rush guys like Briggs or Chatman onto the field, and we don't have to put Tyreic out there if he's not good. Tito gives us a true 5-man DT rotation. He's versatile so can play the 3 or the 1. Can backup Ford or Willis.

Kul will work with the kid all off season and have him ready by Fall. If he can just give us what Moten gave us last year, then this is a win.

Really don't understand some of you guys.

I actually intend to do a breakdown of our 3rd down problems to get a read on plays we generally run, whether they were successful plays or not (keep in mind if the play gets a guy wide open and then he drops the pass- for example- that's a successful play to me, the receiver just dropped it), then offer my thoughts.

This would be awesome.

Who the **** thought Tito was gonna be a starter in the first place?

Willis, Bethel, Ford & Silvera are slated to be the top 4 in the DT rotation.

Adding Tito is just to provide experience & depth in case of injury & situational snaps on run downs.

Anything you get out of this kid is nothing more than a plus, we were never looking for a DT to start, just needed more bodies.

He's a 1 year rental. If he plays above expectations then great, it's a win win situation. Why is everything so difficult for Miami fans to understand? Smh.

Sorry dude I disagree. Its not that i dislike using a scholarship on a grad transfer dt, it who we used it on that i dont like.

This was a retarded use of a scholarship if this dude can't fill the role of Norton. We needed to use this on a ****ing NT. And preferably one that can actually start. I mean the need for a pure NT isn't as bad as it would be if we were a 34 team, but this scholarship could have been used better. We really better hope this dude is ready to not get washed on double teams and be a force against the run and ****.

You name all those DT's, but how many of them are actually ready to be a starting NT taking on double teams and shutting down the run? Thats the problem. Tito is a 3tech DT. We don't need that. Literally Willis and Bethel are pure 3tech DTs and can't line up at 1tech unless its a pass down. Ford and Nesta are the guys we're gunna have to rock with at 1tech, but they are underclassman, and how they hold up against the run is what is worrying....Plus all the DTs we are still recruiting Except for Keondre Coburn are 3tech DTs.

In summation, Tito is a 3tech Dt, that we are likely going to be playing 1tech. Secondly We do not need 3tech DTs. EVERY DT we currently have or are going after can play 3tech. It would have made much more sense to get a pure NT as a grad transfer. This would be a win-win if that grad transfer was a proven 1tech dt, but he's not.

You assume there is a player available who fits the bill and is interested in Miami and Richt took this guy instead. I assume he's the best available at this point and doesn't take up a ship we were going to use this year.

Exactly. It's not like there's a Warren Sapp or Cortez Kennedy asking for a scholarship. We are so far below our max # that we can take this guy AND another one, if they come knocking.

You have no clue what you are talking about.

Grad trasnfers count against the initial counter limit, meaning he takes one of the incoming classes scholarships.

Secondly if we take a class of 28 which is expected, and with the latest Shireffs transfer and Young retirement, we will be at like 83 or 84. So idk why think we are so far below our Max #. That simply isn't the case

Advertisement
Question for those who know, is a grad transfer counted against the 25 limit for new entries? If not, then since we are short of our 85, using one for this guy is not at all a wasted one. The wasted ones are the one we are under 85.

Yes he does count against the 25 initial counter limit. But he can be applied to the 2017 or 2018 recruiting class.

So basically we wasted a scholarship as I thought. I could be wrong and he could turn into Colbert but you honestly don't get that lucky twice.

I think we'll be completely fine at DL in terms of starters. It the depth. I doubt this guy will really help depth wise IMO.

It’s not a “wasted scholarship.” We aren’t going to be at 85 and he is going to the 5th defensive tackle most likely.

You don't take transfer in hopes he can edge out Tyreic Martin as the 5th DT.

Actually you do. You're not likely to find a grad transfer that is a top talent at DT because those guys just go Pro. This guy should help our depth at DT. IMO just what we needed.

Guys like Nesta and Ford are going to need a couple years to develop. They are not walking into this season like an Ed Oliver or Marvin Austin day 1 with that intimidation factor.

Lol so Nesta is going to need a couple years to develop??? Did you really say this stupid ****?? He's better than Marvin Austin and Ed Oliver.... deal with it groupie.

LMAO!!!

Advertisement
In other words, the DLine for next year is going to be bad.

Its not going to be as experienced. Gotta hope our LBs step up in the run game this year. Luckily we have 2 seniors at safety that should be able to eliminate most mistakes also.

But I actually think this year we could get more sacks with Jackson and Garvin both being another year into it. And willis is going to creat a **** load of pressure up the middle, just like McIntosh did. I'm excited to see Jon Ford and Nesta Silvera this season. Im just a little worried how we're going to hold up against the run.

Kul will have them ready though.

There is no need for semantics. This site is very proficient at that skill. Not as experienced is the same thing as not as good as this year. The opposite of good is bad. Simply.

Guys like Nesta and Ford are going to need a couple years to develop. They are not walking into this season like an Ed Oliver or Marvin Austin day 1 with that intimidation factor. Willis is not dependable. I'm just hoping he makes it past mat drills right now. Too unstable. Jackson needs to take that next step. Toward the end of the season the guy disappeared. Garvin will have his moments but still needs more time and snaps to develop.

The linebackers need to take that next step. I am not sure if they are at the point where they can provide that cover for the DLine if an assignment is missed. I said in another thread, Shaq, Pinckney and McCloud will have to be the strength of the D and take over games next season. I hope they get there.

What a stupid post.

You're stupid period.

Its not going to be as experienced. Gotta hope our LBs step up in the run game this year. Luckily we have 2 seniors at safety that should be able to eliminate most mistakes also.

But I actually think this year we could get more sacks with Jackson and Garvin both being another year into it. And willis is going to creat a **** load of pressure up the middle, just like McIntosh did. I'm excited to see Jon Ford and Nesta Silvera this season. Im just a little worried how we're going to hold up against the run.

There is no need for semantics. This site is very proficient at that skill. Not as experienced is the same thing as not as good as this year. The opposite of good is bad. Simply.

Guys like Nesta and Ford are going to need a couple years to develop. They are not walking into this season like an Ed Oliver or Marvin Austin day 1 with that intimidation factor. Willis is not dependable. I'm just hoping he makes it past mat drills right now. Too unstable. Jackson needs to take that next step. Toward the end of the season the guy disappeared. Garvin will have his moments but still needs more time and snaps to develop.

The linebackers need to take that next step. I am not sure if they are at the point where they can provide that cover for the DLine if an assignment is missed. I said in another thread, Shaq, Pinckney and McCloud will have to be the strength of the D and take over games next season. I hope they get there.

Nonsense. Silvera is the best defensive tackle prospect since Vince Wilfork with a college ready body day 1. He will need to perfect his craft no doubt, but he is violent and quick off the ball and has an incredible motor. Plus, he is junkyard dog mean. As good as anybody in the country coming into college. Ford enters year 2. You realize McIntosh played 5 games his freshman year and had 4 tackles. Yes, under a ridiculous 2-gap system, but still unproductive. Ford is a better prospect than RJ was at this point in my opinion going into his second year. He should make a huge leap and I expect as him to be as productive as McIntosh was his second year.

Back to this kid from Illinois. He will give us reps. He should be no less productive than Anthony Moten. Let's see if Kul gets anything out of him. A 1-year stop gap is a smart play.

The only college ready body coming out of HS I can remember that far back to Vince Wilfork days was Allen Bailey. Didn't they slide him to DT? AB was built and ripped out of HS and he did ok. Nesta has some baby phat he needs to shed. He is not physically ready to take on Olines like LSU, Boston College, etc.

This team will need a QB that can sustain drives this season and help the D. Because if it is the same ****show from the O...hold on...it is going to get fuuugggllyy....

Last edited:

No, we are not going to be bad. Wtf does bad being the opposite of good have to do with anything? Are you literally trying to say our DL will be the exact opposite of how they performed this yr? I hope not because that would be ****ing stupid.

Nesta and Ford will need time to develop into the stars they can be, but that doesn't mean they can't be good. It means they will make mistakes and get beat. Which has to do with what I said about experience. We will make more mistakes/get beat some more this year. But like I also said, I think our pass rush could actually improve this season. Inexperienced doesn't mean bad, it means what the **** it means.

Willis isnt dependable why? We have no idea what the reason he didn't play was. All we know is it was personal reasons. And he was with the program on scout team, apparently killing it, all year. He looks fully locked in and ready to come out swinging this season. I doubt he will have as great of a year as McIntosh (he probably wont get as many reps), but there wont be a huge drop off there either.

Garvin and Joe Jackson off the edge is a great pairing. I expect Joe Jackson to be dominant this season. And I think the pair will combine for 20 sacks.

Yes, I am literally saying our DL will be the exact opposite. The O will need to help the D this upcoming season. Role reversal.

What has Willis done in a real game setting to think you can rely on him? Practice squad champ doesn't count. Dobard has had to babysit him the year before. Last year he needed to take a sabbatical. Something is off with the guy.

Advertisement
Yes, I am literally saying our DL will be the exact opposite. The O will need to help the D this upcoming season. Role reversal.

We still have coach Kool and still have talent on the dline, you sound ridiculous right now.

Advertisement
Back