Reviewing Tito Odenigbo

Advertisement
Now Nesta is better than Ford? How do you know this? I doubt that.

So what you are saying is Ford is better than Nesta? Lets analyze that. 90% of the homers on this site believe Nesta is our savior on the DL for next year. But Ford didn't do jack **** for UM last year. But Ford is still better than Nesta?

My humble opinion was based on HS production. Nesta is an Army All American. Undefeated 2-time state champ. He is definitely elite but we are in college now. Ford is...I guess bigger than Nesta. That's about it.

Yes, I am literally saying our DL will be the exact opposite. The O will need to help the D this upcoming season. Role reversal.

We still have coach Kool and still have talent on the dline, you sound ridiculous right now.

RJ, Norton, Moten > Tito, Willis, Bethel, Nesta....Nesta is better than Ford right now.

Stop posting. Thanks.

Stop reading. Thanks too.

Ford is bigger, stronger, has a year playing against college level comp, a year under Kul, will have a year under s and c.
Let’s see how it plays out. Incoming freshmen are always better than the guys already in the system.

Stop posting.

Nesta is not our savior. Even if he plays like Forston, who was a Freshman AA, it's not enough to win championships.

We need Willis to be as good or better than McIntosh. IMHO, that's the probable outcome. The real hole, as HV correctly diagnoses, is in replacing Norton at the noseguard position, especially for run support. Bethel and Ford will be more than adequate in passing downs, may even be a better combo with Willis than McIntosh/Norton. But there is no one to cover for the plug that Norton provided in short-yard situations.

While HV's review of Odenigbo leaves a lot of open questions, it also suggests a lot of promise. 'Bo is winning half the battles against a Top 10 opponent despite having bad technique and lacking optimal strength and body mass. Felder and Kul are **** good coaches, and if this kid has the will to make an NFL roster, they can reshape his body and form in 6 months. He's got the raw materials. Just needs to want it.

Advertisement
Who the **** thought Tito was gonna be a starter in the first place?

Willis, Bethel, Ford & Silvera are slated to be the top 4 in the DT rotation.

Adding Tito is just to provide experience & depth in case of injury & situational snaps on run downs.

Anything you get out of this kid is nothing more than a plus, we were never looking for a DT to start, just needed more bodies.

He's a 1 year rental. If he plays above expectations then great, it's a win win situation. Why is everything so difficult for Miami fans to understand? Smh.

Sorry dude I disagree. Its not that i dislike using a scholarship on a grad transfer dt, it who we used it on that i dont like.

This was a retarded use of a scholarship if this dude can't fill the role of Norton. We needed to use this on a ****ing NT. And preferably one that can actually start. I mean the need for a pure NT isn't as bad as it would be if we were a 34 team, but this scholarship could have been used better. We really better hope this dude is ready to not get washed on double teams and be a force against the run and ****.

You name all those DT's, but how many of them are actually ready to be a starting NT taking on double teams and shutting down the run? Thats the problem. Tito is a 3tech DT. We don't need that. Literally Willis and Bethel are pure 3tech DTs and can't line up at 1tech unless its a pass down. Ford and Nesta are the guys we're gunna have to rock with at 1tech, but they are underclassman, and how they hold up against the run is what is worrying....Plus all the DTs we are still recruiting Except for Keondre Coburn are 3tech DTs.

In summation, Tito is a 3tech Dt, that we are likely going to be playing 1tech. Secondly We do not need 3tech DTs. EVERY DT we currently have or are going after can play 3tech. It would have made much more sense to get a pure NT as a grad transfer. This would be a win-win if that grad transfer was a proven 1tech dt, but he's not.

You assume there is a player available who fits the bill and is interested in Miami and Richt took this guy instead. I assume he's the best available at this point and doesn't take up a ship we were going to use this year.

Exactly. It's not like there's a Warren Sapp or Cortez Kennedy asking for a scholarship. We are so far below our max # that we can take this guy AND another one, if they come knocking.

You have no clue what you are talking about.

Grad trasnfers count against the initial counter limit, meaning he takes one of the incoming classes scholarships.

Secondly if we take a class of 28 which is expected, and with the latest Shireffs transfer and Young retirement, we will be at like 83 or 84. So idk why think we are so far below our Max #. That simply isn't the case

I do know what I'm talking about. We won't hit 85 or the max for this class, and even if we do my point remains. We need guys who can play DT next season more than we need a 4th receiver or another DE. DT depth looks like the biggest problem we have roster wise, so if this guy can take some snaps to rest the starters and/or step in if somebody gets hurt then he's a solid pickup. There isn't, to the best of my knowledge or yours, another guy floating around who fits the bill better than this guy.

Ford is bigger, stronger, has a year playing against college level comp, a year under Kul, will have a year under s and c.
Let’s see how it plays out. Incoming freshmen are always better than the guys already in the system.

Stop posting.

LOL

Sorry dude I disagree. Its not that i dislike using a scholarship on a grad transfer dt, it who we used it on that i dont like.

This was a retarded use of a scholarship if this dude can't fill the role of Norton. We needed to use this on a ****ing NT. And preferably one that can actually start. I mean the need for a pure NT isn't as bad as it would be if we were a 34 team, but this scholarship could have been used better. We really better hope this dude is ready to not get washed on double teams and be a force against the run and ****.

You name all those DT's, but how many of them are actually ready to be a starting NT taking on double teams and shutting down the run? Thats the problem. Tito is a 3tech DT. We don't need that. Literally Willis and Bethel are pure 3tech DTs and can't line up at 1tech unless its a pass down. Ford and Nesta are the guys we're gunna have to rock with at 1tech, but they are underclassman, and how they hold up against the run is what is worrying....Plus all the DTs we are still recruiting Except for Keondre Coburn are 3tech DTs.

In summation, Tito is a 3tech Dt, that we are likely going to be playing 1tech. Secondly We do not need 3tech DTs. EVERY DT we currently have or are going after can play 3tech. It would have made much more sense to get a pure NT as a grad transfer. This would be a win-win if that grad transfer was a proven 1tech dt, but he's not.

You assume there is a player available who fits the bill and is interested in Miami and Richt took this guy instead. I assume he's the best available at this point and doesn't take up a ship we were going to use this year.

Exactly. It's not like there's a Warren Sapp or Cortez Kennedy asking for a scholarship. We are so far below our max # that we can take this guy AND another one, if they come knocking.

Grad trasnfers count against the initial counter limit, meaning he takes one of the incoming classes scholarships.

Secondly if we take a class of 28 which is expected, and with the latest Shireffs transfer and Young retirement, we will be at like 83 or 84. So idk why think we are so far below our Max #. That simply isn't the case

I do know what I'm talking about. We won't hit 85 or the max for this class, and even if we do my point remains. We need guys who can play DT next season more than we need a 4th receiver or another DE. DT depth looks like the biggest problem we have roster wise, so if this guy can take some snaps to rest the starters and/or step in if somebody gets hurt then he's a solid pickup. There isn't, to the best of my knowledge or yours, another guy floating around who fits the bill better than this guy.

I didn't even respond to you so I think you need to go back and reread what was said.

I haven't once disagreed about getting a grad transfer DT. I disagreed about WHO we got, if this dude can't play 1tech. Thats what none of yall seem to get. we dont need help at 3tech. We need help at 1tech. This dude has never played 1tech dt before. thats a **** problem.

secondly, no, if 28 is the max new initial counters we have to work with between 2017 and 2018, then we literally can not get back up to 85 this year. 83 is the max as of right now...which is MUCH better than what we've been at the last year or two.
And you're argument being that i don't know of a 1tech that is currently looking to transfer is kinda retarded. its not my job to go searching for possible grad transfers who can play NT. Thats the ******* staffs job. Now I'm really hoping this kid can play NT, but I don't have too high hopes. He's going to have to put a lot of work in.

Advertisement

I didn't even respond to you so I think you need to go back and reread what was said.

I haven't once disagreed about getting a grad transfer DT. I disagreed about WHO we got, if this dude can't play 1tech. Thats what none of yall seem to get. we dont need help at 3tech. We need help at 1tech. This dude has never played 1tech dt before. thats a **** problem.

secondly, no, if 28 is the max new initial counters we have to work with between 2017 and 2018, then we literally can not get back up to 85 this year. 83 is the max as of right now...which is MUCH better than what we've been at the last year or two.
And you're argument being that i don't know of a 1tech that is currently looking to transfer is kinda retarded. its not my job to go searching for possible grad transfers who can play NT. Thats the ******* staffs job. Now I'm really hoping this kid can play NT, but I don't have too high hopes. He's going to have to put a lot of work in.

Silly me, I mistakenly thought your comment that had a direct bearing on mine and d followed soon after what I wrote might be something I could comment upon. I'll try not to make that mistake again, but since we're already here...

It's not your job to find the guy, but unless you know of one let's just assume there isn't one or the staff doesn't think they need one. Ya know, because the staff aren't a bunch of idiots. For real, what makes you so sure they're making a mistake? Isn't it more likely the guy they got was the best match available?

Everybody's so quick to assume they know better than the guys who spend all their time doing the job.

Silly me, I mistakenly thought your comment that had a direct bearing on mine and d followed soon after what I wrote might be something I could comment upon. I'll try not to make that mistake again, but since we're already here...

It's not your job to find the guy, but unless you know of one let's just assume there isn't one or the staff doesn't think they need one. Ya know, because the staff aren't a bunch of idiots. For real, what makes you so sure they're making a mistake? Isn't it more likely the guy they got was the best match available?

Everybody's so quick to assume they know better than the guys who spend all their time doing the job.

what makes me so sure? The fact he has NEVER played 1tech before, and on high tape he doesn't look like he's able to take on double teams.

also, found someone that would fit better:

Tito Obenigbo: 6'3" 300lbs = 37.5 BMI Illinois - 27 games played, 47tot tackles, 8.5tfls, 2sacks
Kayton Samuels: 6'0" 319lbs = 43.3 BMI Syracuse - 34 games played, 44tot tackles, 4.5tfls, 1sack

Only thing is idk if Syracuse would block a grad transfer to an ACC school if we don't even play them this year.

So basically we wasted a scholarship as I thought. I could be wrong and he could turn into Colbert but you honestly don't get that lucky twice.

I think we'll be completely fine at DL in terms of starters. It the depth. I doubt this guy will really help depth wise IMO.

How the fvck were you not banned after you comment trashing Russell and Young?

Jfc you're a terrible human being

Advertisement
You batches done with all the slap fighting and hair pulling over this transfer?

Bet some of y’alls make up is running

Who the **** thought Tito was gonna be a starter in the first place?

Willis, Bethel, Ford & Silvera are slated to be the top 4 in the DT rotation.

Adding Tito is just to provide experience & depth in case of injury & situational snaps on run downs.

Anything you get out of this kid is nothing more than a plus, we were never looking for a DT to start, just needed more bodies.

He's a 1 year rental. If he plays above expectations then great, it's a win win situation. Why is everything so difficult for Miami fans to understand? Smh.

If he can hold his own for a few reps in a series it's a huge bonus for us.

Advertisement
Good breakdown.

Getting an able body...who even if he gives you average, veteran, grunt play as a senior is the type of body that we simply have not had much of over the years. Its the depth that has often caused us problems over the years on the DL and overall on the roster. We have been forced to play true freshmen or second year players that are clearly not ready because the bottom third-ish of our roster was essentially worthless. Lots of missed evals that pile up as no better then practice players that eventually shuffle out and are never heard from again. Getting a player like Odenigbo helps offset that. It puts you into a position of convenience to play a true freshman like Nesta Silvera over being forced to. It allows you to redshirt other iDL we sign instead of being forced to play them to eat up 100 snaps or whatever.

If Odenigbo is forced to play 300+ snaps, we are probably in trouble anyway. But 200-ish...that is in his wheelhouse and you will likely get 1-2 sacks, 4-5 tackles for loss, and a few handful of tackles of average play. Maybe he punches Francois in the d!ck during the FSU game and becomes a legend. Who knows, but this is a fine pick up.

Simmer down?
Yes Ms Cleo, simmer down. You have no idea whatsoever how the defense is going to be this year, so stop with the crystal ball drama stuff.
They could take a step back, stay around the same, or be better. You and everyone else have no idea until we start playing in Sept vs LSU

Advertisement
Back