Reviewing Tito Odenigbo

So basically we wasted a scholarship as I thought. I could be wrong and he could turn into Colbert but you honestly don't get that lucky twice.

I think we'll be completely fine at DL in terms of starters. It the depth. I doubt this guy will really help depth wise IMO.

It’s not a “wasted scholarship.” We aren’t going to be at 85 and he is going to the 5th defensive tackle most likely.

You don't take transfer in hopes he can edge out Tyreic Martin as the 5th DT.

If grad transfer DTs were as good as you expect them to be, they'd be in the league.

Advertisement
Question for those who know, is a grad transfer counted against the 25 limit for new entries? If not, then since we are short of our 85, using one for this guy is not at all a wasted one. The wasted ones are the one we are under 85.

Comparing his tape from 2017 to Norton of 2017 in a game of a common opponent and projecting his 2018 output solely based on that is fun in theory but there is a lot more variables that will come into play.
2018 he will be a senior. He will have one more year of strength and conditioning. He will have a new coaching staff to learn from (this can be a positive and a negative). Let's see how it all turns out.

Uh, please note that he'll be going up against opponent OLs all year not quite the caliber of Wisconsins...and that will be coupled with our preseason SC, Kul coaching program and competing against our DL for play time, to get ready. I think he will contribute just fine.
Dissing giving him a scholarship is full tardation

Kendrick Norton obviously is way more talented than Tito. There is no comparison between the two.... which is why one is able to leave early for the NFL and the other is a grad transfer. He's not meant to be a Norton replacement. I highly doubt he's as good as Anthony Moten.

Tito is just here for depth an upgrade over Fines as the 5th DT in rotation only in case of injuries, fatigue, and mop up duty after the game has already been decided. Good pick up now we don't need another grad transfer at DT, we could use a Juco though.

Advertisement
So basically we wasted a scholarship as I thought. I could be wrong and he could turn into Colbert but you honestly don't get that lucky twice.

I think we'll be completely fine at DL in terms of starters. It the depth. I doubt this guy will really help depth wise IMO.

It’s not a “wasted scholarship.” We aren’t going to be at 85 and he is going to the 5th defensive tackle most likely.

Yes you do.

In other words, the DLine for next year is going to be bad.

Its not going to be as experienced. Gotta hope our LBs step up in the run game this year. Luckily we have 2 seniors at safety that should be able to eliminate most mistakes also.

But I actually think this year we could get more sacks with Jackson and Garvin both being another year into it. And willis is going to creat a **** load of pressure up the middle, just like McIntosh did. I'm excited to see Jon Ford and Nesta Silvera this season. Im just a little worried how we're going to hold up against the run.

Kul will have them ready though.

There is no need for semantics. This site is very proficient at that skill. Not as experienced is the same thing as not as good as this year. The opposite of good is bad. Simply.

Guys like Nesta and Ford are going to need a couple years to develop. They are not walking into this season like an Ed Oliver or Marvin Austin day 1 with that intimidation factor. Willis is not dependable. I'm just hoping he makes it past mat drills right now. Too unstable. Jackson needs to take that next step. Toward the end of the season the guy disappeared. Garvin will have his moments but still needs more time and snaps to develop.

The linebackers need to take that next step. I am not sure if they are at the point where they can provide that cover for the DLine if an assignment is missed. I said in another thread, Shaq, Pinckney and McCloud will have to be the strength of the D and take over games next season. I hope they get there.

What a stupid post.

Its not going to be as experienced. Gotta hope our LBs step up in the run game this year. Luckily we have 2 seniors at safety that should be able to eliminate most mistakes also.

But I actually think this year we could get more sacks with Jackson and Garvin both being another year into it. And willis is going to creat a **** load of pressure up the middle, just like McIntosh did. I'm excited to see Jon Ford and Nesta Silvera this season. Im just a little worried how we're going to hold up against the run.

There is no need for semantics. This site is very proficient at that skill. Not as experienced is the same thing as not as good as this year. The opposite of good is bad. Simply.

The logical opposite of "good" is not "bad." Just like the logical opposite of hot is not cold. If someone asked you if it was hot outside and you said no, that doesn't mean they need to grab their coat and scarf. You're simply saying it isn't "hot."
The DL next year isn't going to be elite. But simply because it isn't going to be as good as this past year, doesn't mean it's going to be "bad." The logical opposite of last year's DL isn't "bad."

Guys like Nesta and Ford are going to need a couple years to develop. They are not walking into this season like an Ed Oliver or Marvin Austin day 1 with that intimidation factor.

Lol so Nesta is going to need a couple years to develop??? Did you really say this stupid ****?? He's better than Marvin Austin and Ed Oliver.... deal with it groupie.

Advertisement
One year with coach Kool is more valuable than 3 years with his D-Line coach at Illinois. If he can be a serviceable back-up to the two deep, then he will have served his purpose.

The logical opposite of "good" is not "bad." Just like the logical opposite of hot is not cold. If someone asked you if it was hot outside and you said no, that doesn't mean they need to grab their coat and scarf. You're simply saying it isn't "hot."
The DL next year isn't going to be elite. But simply because it isn't going to be as good as this past year, doesn't mean it's going to be "bad." The logical opposite of last year's DL isn't "bad."

Haha...well done.
Folks on this site look for any reason to ***** and moan.

You take any body you can get when you're going to be well below the 85 limit anyway. Jesus, I don't understand some people. He is NOT taking someone else's scholarship. If he doesn't get that spot, it is left empty. So, how is this a bad thing? I can pretty much promise you he's better than having no one.

Who the **** thought Tito was gonna be a starter in the first place?

Willis, Bethel, Ford & Silvera are slated to be the top 4 in the DT rotation.

Adding Tito is just to provide experience & depth in case of injury & situational snaps on run downs.

Anything you get out of this kid is nothing more than a plus, we were never looking for a DT to start, just needed more bodies.

He's a 1 year rental. If he plays above expectations then great, it's a win win situation. Why is everything so difficult for Miami fans to understand? Smh.

Sorry dude I disagree. Its not that i dislike using a scholarship on a grad transfer dt, it who we used it on that i dont like.

This was a retarded use of a scholarship if this dude can't fill the role of Norton. We needed to use this on a ******* NT. And preferably one that can actually start. I mean the need for a pure NT isn't as bad as it would be if we were a 34 team, but this scholarship could have been used better. We really better hope this dude is ready to not get washed on double teams and be a force against the run and ****.

You name all those DT's, but how many of them are actually ready to be a starting NT taking on double teams and shutting down the run? Thats the problem. Tito is a 3tech DT. We don't need that. Literally Willis and Bethel are pure 3tech DTs and can't line up at 1tech unless its a pass down. Ford and Nesta are the guys we're gunna have to rock with at 1tech, but they are underclassman, and how they hold up against the run is what is worrying....Plus all the DTs we are still recruiting Except for Keondre Coburn are 3tech DTs.

In summation, Tito is a 3tech Dt, that we are likely going to be playing 1tech. Secondly We do not need 3tech DTs. EVERY DT we currently have or are going after can play 3tech. It would have made much more sense to get a pure NT as a grad transfer. This would be a win-win if that grad transfer was a proven 1tech dt, but he's not.

You assume there is a player available who fits the bill and is interested in Miami and Richt took this guy instead. I assume he's the best available at this point and doesn't take up a ship we were going to use this year.

Advertisement

He's a guy that will end up in the rotation. You can't roll into a season with 4 DTs. It's also a scholly for one year. You're complaining about nothing.

Who the **** thought Tito was gonna be a starter in the first place?

Willis, Bethel, Ford & Silvera are slated to be the top 4 in the DT rotation.

Adding Tito is just to provide experience & depth in case of injury & situational snaps on run downs.

Anything you get out of this kid is nothing more than a plus, we were never looking for a DT to start, just needed more bodies.

He's a 1 year rental. If he plays above expectations then great, it's a win win situation. Why is everything so difficult for Miami fans to understand? Smh.

Sorry dude I disagree. Its not that i dislike using a scholarship on a grad transfer dt, it who we used it on that i dont like.

This was a retarded use of a scholarship if this dude can't fill the role of Norton. We needed to use this on a ****ing NT. And preferably one that can actually start. I mean the need for a pure NT isn't as bad as it would be if we were a 34 team, but this scholarship could have been used better. We really better hope this dude is ready to not get washed on double teams and be a force against the run and ****.

You name all those DT's, but how many of them are actually ready to be a starting NT taking on double teams and shutting down the run? Thats the problem. Tito is a 3tech DT. We don't need that. Literally Willis and Bethel are pure 3tech DTs and can't line up at 1tech unless its a pass down. Ford and Nesta are the guys we're gunna have to rock with at 1tech, but they are underclassman, and how they hold up against the run is what is worrying....Plus all the DTs we are still recruiting Except for Keondre Coburn are 3tech DTs.

In summation, Tito is a 3tech Dt, that we are likely going to be playing 1tech. Secondly We do not need 3tech DTs. EVERY DT we currently have or are going after can play 3tech. It would have made much more sense to get a pure NT as a grad transfer. This would be a win-win if that grad transfer was a proven 1tech dt, but he's not.

You assume there is a player available who fits the bill and is interested in Miami and Richt took this guy instead. I assume he's the best available at this point and doesn't take up a ship we were going to use this year.

Exactly. It's not like there's a Warren Sapp or Cortez Kennedy asking for a scholarship. We are so far below our max # that we can take this guy AND another one, if they come knocking.

I repeatedly said he's not a starter , we pretty much replaced Moten with Moten. Which is worth a spot, we need depth.

There's absolutely nothing negative about this take.

Advertisement

He's a guy that will end up in the rotation. You can't roll into a season with 4 DTs. It's also a scholly for one year. You're complaining about nothing.

Exactly.
People tend to take a static look at our roster and assume the starters on paper right now will be available all season.
Injuries happen everywhere, all the time, so you need folks to be able to step in and at least do a decent job.
Look at the 2001 team which was loaded with future NFLers as an example: for every Ed Reed, Bryant McKinnie,
Jonathan Vilma, Philip Buchanon you had Ed Wilkins, Markese Fitzgerald, James Lewis, Robert Williams,etc who played
major roles with that team.

So, in a nutshell, this guy from Illinois isn’t the next Warren Sapp or Jerome Browne. Darn it mane.

Exactly.
People tend to take a static look at our roster and assume the starters on paper right now will be available all season.
Injuries happen everywhere, all the time, so you need folks to be able to step in and at least do a decent job.
Look at the 2001 team which was loaded with future NFLers as an example: for every Ed Reed, Bryant McKinnie,
Jonathan Vilma, Philip Buchanon you had Ed Wilkins, Markese Fitzgerald, James Lewis, Robert Williams,etc who played
major roles with that team.

Matt Walters says hello.

Guys like Nesta and Ford are going to need a couple years to develop. They are not walking into this season like an Ed Oliver or Marvin Austin day 1 with that intimidation factor. Willis is not dependable. I'm just hoping he makes it past mat drills right now. Too unstable. Jackson needs to take that next step. Toward the end of the season the guy disappeared. Garvin will have his moments but still needs more time and snaps to develop.

The linebackers need to take that next step. I am not sure if they are at the point where they can provide that cover for the DLine if an assignment is missed. I said in another thread, Shaq, Pinckney and McCloud will have to be the strength of the D and take over games next season. I hope they get there.

Nonsense. Silvera is the best defensive tackle prospect since Vince Wilfork with a college ready body day 1. He will need to perfect his craft no doubt, but he is violent and quick off the ball and has an incredible motor. Plus, he is junkyard dog mean. As good as anybody in the country coming into college. Ford enters year 2. You realize McIntosh played 5 games his freshman year and had 4 tackles. Yes, under a ridiculous 2-gap system, but still unproductive. Ford is a better prospect than RJ was at this point in my opinion going into his second year. He should make a huge leap and I expect as him to be as productive as McIntosh was his second year.

Back to this kid from Illinois. He will give us reps. He should be no less productive than Anthony Moten. Let's see if Kul gets anything out of him. A 1-year stop gap is a smart play.

Advertisement
Back