Response from UM Admin to my attorney.

Advertisement
What does OP plan on having his attorney do with this information? Sue UM for sucking at sports? We should do a class action.

Pretty pathetic that because you are upset with the year, you think you can write a letter throwing a hissy fit that you aren’t happy they will just up and make a change because joe blow has donated money over a 30 year span? I’m sure they are thankful for your money but laughed at the letter.

2 ACC coastal titles?

There was a year during the Golden era where we technically won the division. In the end it went to GT. The problem was, there was a 3-way tie between UNC-Miami-GT. UNC really held the tie breaker but was deemed bowl ineligible because of the academic sanctions. Since they weren't bowl eligible the ACC didn't want UNC to be able to play in the conference title game. We ended up being next in-line, but we forgo'd our bowl game as well in preparation for the NCAA sanctions from the Shapiro mess.

So yeah, the administration is literally claiming an asterisk of a title. If they want to dig deeper, that was UNC's division title, not ours.

Advertisement
There was a year during the Golden era where we technically won the division. In the end it went to GT. The problem was, there was a 3-way tie between UNC-Miami-GT. UNC really held the tie breaker but was deemed bowl ineligible because of the academic sanctions. Since they weren't bowl eligible the ACC didn't want UNC to be able to play in the conference title game. We ended up being next in-line, but we forgo'd our bowl game as well in preparation for the NCAA sanctions from the Shapiro mess.

So yeah, the administration is literally claiming an asterisk of a title. If they want to dig deeper, that was UNC's division title, not ours.

Exactly. Winning the division and representing the division in the championship game are different things.

A few weeks back we sent certified letters to top officials with transcripts and a transaction history of the money, including tuition, I have personally paid the program since I attended there in 1998 to 2004.
I honestly didn’t expect a response but we got one today. I will attach the file once I get back from Minnesota but here’s the sum of points made.
* Thank you for being alumni and spending over $600K over 20 years but frankly we have people who give that amount yearly, so your dollars don’t matter.
*Since coming to the ACC we won the coastal twice in a conference that is 2nd to none ( yea it says that)
*Each coach left the football program better than when they started it
*Richt has done more for the community, players and of course the IPF so deserves to the right to work out through his contract.(admin speak but I do think they won’t make any changes until after 2020 season.
*stats such as GPA, graduation rates, scholar program achievements were given in length( which means they care about making choir boys who earn a degree more than they do about being competitive in football)
*Again pointed out that over 20 years I currently rank under the top 500 donors in that time.

So my business degree from the U helped me come to this conclusion on their reply. Basically they gave me and my money a big 🖕.
So yea, ego is crushed. I’m a no one according to the U admin. But whatever. You know where the admin stands.
Again I’ll get you photo of the reply when i return. It’s time to pay these ******* back

I know you are catching flak, but thank you for donating so much over the years. Sorry the admin sucks. I'm just as ****ed at Frenk as some are at Rick and Flake. At least under Shalala, the school was headed towards being a top 25 school (even though athletics were dying). Under Frenk, not only do the sports suck, but we have plummeted in the rankings- I think we are actually behind UF now in undergrad and law school ranks. Frenk is the top dog in the Triumvirate of Incompetence.

A few weeks back we sent certified letters to top officials with transcripts and a transaction history of the money, including tuition, I have personally paid the program since I attended there in 1998 to 2004.
I honestly didn’t expect a response but we got one today. I will attach the file once I get back from Minnesota but here’s the sum of points made.
* Thank you for being alumni and spending over $600K over 20 years but frankly we have people who give that amount yearly, so your dollars don’t matter.
*Since coming to the ACC we won the coastal twice in a conference that is 2nd to none ( yea it says that)
*Richt has done more for the community, players and of course the IPF so deserves to the right to work out through his contract.(admin speak but I do think they won’t make any changes until after 2020 season.
*stats such as GPA, graduation rates, scholar program achievements were given in length( which means they care about making choir boys who earn a degree more than they do about being competitive in football)
*Again pointed out that over 20 years I currently rank under the top 500 donors in that time.

So my business degree from the U helped me come to this conclusion on their reply. Basically they gave me and my money a big 🖕.
So yea, ego is crushed. I’m a no one according to the U admin. But whatever. You know where the admin stands.
Again I’ll get you photo of the reply when i return. It’s time to pay these ******* back

I'll just say this - those 500 or so who donated more money - one thing they won't like - and especially the Administration won't like - is banners flying over cities demanding to Fire Richt, Fire Blake NOW - and variations thereof. Starting FIRST GAME

Fire MARK, but ESPECIALLY FIRE JON - things like that. Leave the wife out of it.

It will **** off Richt to no end. It's embarrassing - and you see how defensive he was getting toward the end of the season when asked questions about it. It was bothering him - badly - and we weren't even flying banners!

Try as hard as he could to ignore it - Golden was spooked by the banners - and one glance of his at a banner was caught on video - and it was priceless.

UM is about IMAGE. Image, Image, Image.

I'm telling it plain - you hit their image - you're hitting them at the only place it hurts them.

If you AVERAGED 30K a year for the past 20 years - maybe you'd rather contribute to flying banners - starting the very first game - and we should fly them at every home game, and even chase that SOB to away games and fly them there.

And by the way. ABC, ESPN, or whatever - after a while, it will get national publicity - a banner flying will be shown on TV - and commentary will be made.

The antithesis of good publicity.

It's a low rent move - but they're a low-rent Administration who hired a low-rent AD - who hired a low-rent, burned out drooling football coach.

Advertisement
@UMFarArcher, Dude This is perfection!

I'll just say this - those 500 or so who donated more money - one thing they won't like - and especially the Administration won't like - is banners flying over cities demanding to Fire Richt, Fire Blake NOW - and variations thereof. Starting FIRST GAME

Fire MARK, but ESPECIALLY FIRE JON - things like that. Leave the wife out of it.

It will **** off Richt to no end. It's embarrassing - and you see how defensive he was getting toward the end of the season when asked questions about it. It was bothering him - badly - and we weren't even flying banners!

Try as hard as he could to ignore it - Golden was spooked by the banners - and one glance of his at a banner was caught on video - and it was priceless.

UM is about IMAGE. Image, Image, Image.

I'm telling it plain - you hit their image - you're hitting them at the only place it hurts them.

If you AVERAGED 30K a year for the past 20 years - maybe you'd rather contribute to flying banners - starting the very first game - and we should fly them at every home game, and even chase that SOB to away games and fly them there.

And by the way. ABC, ESPN, or whatever - after a while, it will get national publicity - a banner flying will be shown on TV - and commentary will be made.

The antithesis of good publicity.

It's a low rent move - but they're a low-rent Administration who hired a low-rent AD - who hired a low-rent, burned out drooling football coach.

You know that feeling you get when watching a television program that is so embarrassing you have to change the channel...while reading this post I kept punching the TV remote trying to change the thread.

You know that feeling you get when watching a television program that is so embarrassing you have to change the channel...while reading this post I kept punching the TV remote trying to change the thread.

Ernie, how do you feel about your nomination for “Troll of the Year” ?

Voting takes place tomorrow.

Advertisement

Again I’ll get you photo of the reply when i return. It’s time to pay these
Can't believe it but it's true time for us fans to step up and take our team back.BOYCOTT THEM THEN BURY THEM so there's not a repeat.

Before you could do that you spit cmrs dipstick out.

Advertisement
Great suggestion! Allow me to return the favor; before your next post hire a surgeon to remove your head out of your ****. You're welcome!
Don't need a surgeon my head is on top of my shoulders.you on the other hand need help your lips got stuck in cmrs zipper.heard your hair tonic is a lubricant in case you need protection from all that friction you have when you rub elbows etc.

Advertisement
Back