Response from UM Admin to my attorney.

Advertisement
UNC was never playing for a coastal, they self banned months before the season started

And they still technically won it that year. UNC held the 3-way tie breaker. The point is, Miami's admin was apparently trying to preach 2x division titles. One of them was by a technicality where we didn't even outright win it - UNC did.

Advertisement
Technically we were coastal champions under Golden ,but self imposed the championship game.

Didnt someone else impose that year for us to even have a chance to get it? How are we even counting imposed champions, wait how are we even taking division titles as a thing now, wtf... WTACCOGTFO

Advertisement
Apologize if I remember wrong, could be. I thought it was a tie and we won the tie break, but who ******* cares? If UM thinks this is something to brag about, fuvck them. That’s the important point that we can all agree on.

Not a tie. NC won the title on the field. It's laughable this admin would count that. It's worse than UCF crowning themselves National Champions last year. It is apparent UM does not care for the football program. We have become UVA or Duke, without the academic prestige.

Advertisement
I know you are catching flak, but thank you for donating so much over the years. Sorry the admin sucks. I'm just as ****ed at Frenk as some are at Rick and Flake. At least under Shalala, the school was headed towards being a top 25 school (even though athletics were dying). Under Frenk, not only do the sports suck, but we have plummeted in the rankings- I think we are actually behind UF now in undergrad and law school ranks. Frenk is the top dog in the Triumvirate of Incompetence.
THIS! Everything at Miami is substandard now. Athletics is just a part of a school-wide downward trend in all departments. It’s approaching Sun Tan U standards again. What’s going on, anyway?

Last edited:
Not a tie. NC won the title on the field. It's laughable this admin would count that. It's worse than UCF crowning themselves National Champions last year. It is apparent UM does not care for the football program. We have become UVA or Duke, without the academic prestige.
The admin didn't try and count that. This entire thread is made up bullsh-t in a pathetic attempt by OP to make himself look cool.

Advertisement
As a private institution, UM can do whatever it pleases with your donation money. Provided it's not for illegal activities.

that's partially true. if you donate to the university in general, then they can (provided it's legal and doesn't break any dept of education regulations). if you give it for a specific purpose, they can't. if what you are giving it for isn't feasible, they'll contact you to see if it can be used in other ways. if you give to athletics, that money doesn't leave athletics.

i'm going to preface by saying that i think op is full of ****. but, if he's legit, the only way that op got the response that he did is if he sent a letter demanding something, and even in that case i doubt he would get a response like that. there are plenty of incompetent and tactless people that work for the university (i deal with a good portion of them daily), but i don't buy this for a second.

Advertisement
Back