Response from UM Admin to my attorney.

Advertisement
Technically we were coastal champions under Golden ,but self imposed the championship game.

We were default Coastal Champs. UNC actually won the coastal, but could not play in the ACC Championship game because of probation.

We played in the ACCCG 1 time (suffering the 2nd biggest blowout loss in history) exactly the same amount as Wake Forest (Atlantic) Duke, Pitt, and UNC

GT has won the Coastal 4 times
VT has won it 6 times

FSU has won their much harder division 5 times

But who’s counting right?

Advertisement
Not a tie. NC won the title on the field. It's laughable this admin would count that. It's worse than UCF crowning themselves National Champions last year. It is apparent UM does not care for the football program. We have become UVA or Duke, without the academic prestige.

To be honest, each of those programs are closer to achieving their potential than we are. They are basketball schools. We have 5 rings and sit in the middle of the deepest talent base in the country. Things we all already know. Just sayin...

We were default Coastal Champs. UNC actually won the coastal, but could not play in the ACC Championship game because of probation.

And then we couldn’t play because of probation.

If any team on probation has a right to claim the coastal title that year, it’s UNC.

Georgia Tech won it by default.

Miami has no claim to the coastal title for that year. None.

I wanna believe the OP, but need to see them receipts, playa.
EA81C283-2675-4654-BCE0-3E3153A7F03B.jpeg

A few weeks back we sent certified letters to top officials with transcripts and a transaction history of the money, including tuition, I have personally paid the program since I attended there in 1998 to 2004.
I honestly didn’t expect a response but we got one today. I will attach the file once I get back from Minnesota but here’s the sum of points made.
* Thank you for being alumni and spending over $600K over 20 years but frankly we have people who give that amount yearly, so your dollars don’t matter.
*Since coming to the ACC we won the coastal twice in a conference that is 2nd to none ( yea it says that)
*Each coach left the football program better than when they started it
*Richt has done more for the community, players and of course the IPF so deserves to the right to work out through his contract.(admin speak but I do think they won’t make any changes until after 2020 season.
*stats such as GPA, graduation rates, scholar program achievements were given in length( which means they care about making choir boys who earn a degree more than they do about being competitive in football)
*Again pointed out that over 20 years I currently rank under the top 500 donors in that time.

So my business degree from the U helped me come to this conclusion on their reply. Basically they gave me and my money a big 🖕.
So yea, ego is crushed. I’m a no one according to the U admin. But whatever. You know where the admin stands.
Again I’ll get you photo of the reply when i return. It’s time to pay these ******* back

Attachments

• 3B70BA54-F97B-4C30-9C45-45A3D00FC0E5.jpeg
    3B70BA54-F97B-4C30-9C45-45A3D00FC0E5.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 39
Advertisement
2 ACC coastal titles?

Miami had a crack at a shared Coastal title in 2012, but self-imposed a bowl ban.

North Carolina was also ineligible that year, so Georgia Tech "won" the Coastal.

All three were tied atop the Coastal. Miami beat Georgia Tech, but lost to North Carolina. Georgia Tech lost to Miami, but beat North Carolina. North Carolina lost to Georgia Tech, but beat Miami.

The Yellow Jackets had four conferences losses, while the Canes and Heels had three apiece—and with UNC holding the head-to-head over UM, there's no claim the Canes could lay to any mythical division title that season.

What exactly did you hire an attorney for? Are you suing them for something? Or did you just need help writing a letter and attaching photocopies?

Advertisement
Jesus Christ. Miami never won the divisom under Golden. In 2012 UNC won it. They were banned by the NCAA... so Miami was next up, who self-imposed a bowl ban... so it went to GT.

I know I may seem all powerful at times, but that is not my name.

I’m not sure I’ve seen anything more sad recently. ****.

This guy donated $600k over 20 years and thought he really mattered to the university LMAO. Donate that $600k to me over the next 20 years, you’re clearly too unintelligent to deserve it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back