Report: ACC to only play Conference games (Not confirmed by conference)

Does this mean no bowl games, no playoffs?

Had not considered this but I could see playing 8 games and all 127 teams go home with a participation trophy. No bowl games, no playoffs, no championship.

Advertisement
better than nothing for the small schools, but its gonna totally bankrupt all their athletic programs, not playing the OOC big boys that give them $500k just to get slapped around.

I think some sort of season has to be played.With no season that would really ***** up the nfl draft and the players trying to improve draft status.

Advertisement
Had not considered this but I could see playing 8 games and all 127 teams go home with a participation trophy. No bowl games, no playoffs, no championship.
There has to be a playoff..there can’t be a szn with no champ..what would be the point of stars actually suiting up🤷🏾‍♂️...cancel the bowls but there has to be a playoff..a playoff scenario would probably the easiest aspect of having a szn

There might still be a bowl season. Who knows where we’ll bee. The other side is if it gets really bad the season will get canceled anyway

Advertisement
If ACC goes to only confernce games they need to bump it up to 10 games let these kids get as many games in as possible.

it would be easy to do with all the openings now.

Just scrap the conferences,.
Take the top 32 according to preseason power rankings and put them into Bubble Divisions of 4 teams.
Play round-robin and make the kids take classes online.

The best 2 teams from those bubbles move on to the round of 16 playoff. The Quarters, Semis and Final in the bubble state with the least amount of reported cases.

Rotate officials like Bowl games non con affiliated with the teams.

Call it the World Cup of College Football and call it a day.

Advertisement
If they all opt for conference only, then they should still keep the same number of games but just make it a Conference Battle Royale. 12 game conference battle with all conference champs then playing in a playoff at the end for the NC.

Of course, none of that will happen. They'll play a game. A water boy will catch the bug, and they'll shut it all down till 2049.
The conferences need to be consolidated to four conferences of 16 teams each for football. No divisions. Each team gets like 3 in-conference rivals they play every year. Then each conference plays like 9-10 game in conference and 2-3 out of conference. Two teams with best Big4 conference record (all wins against those 64 teams count) play for the conference championship which is a defacto 8 team playoff, with the winner of each conference playing in the CFP. This year could be actually good example of what the CFP should be in the future

Advertisement
Was thinking about service academy football. I wonder if everyone goes conference only if the annual Army-Navy game would be a no-go. Or airforce in the mix with the other two for the commander-in-chief trophy. Would be sad if we miss this. Many of y'all probably don't care about this. I am a football traditionalist with all the big rivalry games, but nothing compares to a service academy game.

Advertisement
Back