Report: ACC to only play Conference games (Not confirmed by conference)

Mackmiller974

All ACC
Screenshot_20200709-161029_Twitter.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Advertisement
I don’t know how they are going to assist ND unless they bring them into a division for the year otherwise some teams will be playing 8 vs 9 games. I’m sure Clemson won’t be too happy playing a full conference schedule plus going to ND if others are only playing 8 games.

Advertisement
So what is the difference of traveling to Virginia to play a conference game and having some in state non conference schools come to Miami? Why not let schools fill their non conference slots with in state schools?

Probably is no difference, but conferences are going to do what’s best for them and give their own schools priority in filling out the schedule

In addition, I'm expecting a delay to the start of the season or a complete pushback until spring.

The NCAA hesitant to postpone the start until spring because the NFL told them they won't postpone the draft. So waiting until spring means the best draft eligible players would likely bounce.

This whole thing is circus.

So what is the difference of traveling to Virginia to play a conference game and having some in state non conference schools come to Miami? Why not let schools fill their non conference slots with in state schools?

By shortening the season, it allows the teams to delay the season, decreases the variables they need to work with and adds some flexibility for delayed games to be made up within the season.

Advertisement
If they all opt for conference only, then they should still keep the same number of games but just make it a Conference Battle Royale. 12 game conference battle with all conference champs then playing in a playoff at the end for the NC.

Of course, none of that will happen. They'll play a game. A water boy will catch the bug, and they'll shut it all down till 2049.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back