Replacing 12 starters from the 2014 team

who the **** knows. i will tell you next January whether it was an upgrade or not. injuries, slumps, laziness, suspensions and other vices and issues can determine whether it is an upgrade or not.

Advertisement
Hard to say it's an upgrade when we lose Duke Johnson. I get what you're saying, and I think the position will be fine, but Duke Johnson was one of the best we've ever had here.
Pluses and minuses but the major reason for optimism is a seasoned Brad Kayya. Defense was not our problem last year offense when needed was. Duke was a sensational college back but the triad of Yearby, the big guy(Also seasoned )and the freshman is In my opinion an upgrade. DL better LB's even at best, db's better. Wr's even TE worse. OL better if healthy.

Duke Johnson as an individual is irreplaceable. However, the RB position as a unit may not be much of a downgrade, or may even be better, with Yearby and Edwards having more experience and growth, and an exciting young back in Walton coming in, not to mention Gray, who had nowhere to go but up.

I agree. Losing the best player from the group and replacing him with his clearly inferior backups will definitely strengthen the position overall.

Ah, good ol' Chise. Ever ready for a quick, and failed, attempt at wit, rarely demonstrating any logic or football knowledge. If you don't understand that a unit relies on more than one player, and while the new #1 may not be as good as the old #1 , but the [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=2-4]#2-4 [/URL] are all improved, then there's no hope for you anyway.

Or, perhaps he is suggesting what you said in the very first sentence outweighs the progress of #2-4 on the depth chart? I could care less and I'm not saying, I'm just saying.

There's no reason why we can't have success running the ball with Yearby, Walton, Edwards, Gray, Tucker as our five backs.

Hard to say it's an upgrade when we lose Duke Johnson. I get what you're saying, and I think the position will be fine, but Duke Johnson was one of the best we've ever had here.

Duke Johnson as an individual is irreplaceable. However, the RB position as a unit may not be much of a downgrade, or may even be better, with Yearby and Edwards having more experience and growth, and an exciting young back in Walton coming in, not to mention Gray, who had nowhere to go but up.

I agree. Losing the best player from the group and replacing him with his clearly inferior backups will definitely strengthen the position overall.

Ah, good ol' Chise. Ever ready for a quick, and failed, attempt at wit, rarely demonstrating any logic or football knowledge. If you don't understand that a unit relies on more than one player, and while the new #1 may not be as good as the old #1 , but the [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=2-4]#2-4 [/URL] are all improved, then there's no hope for you anyway.

Or, perhaps he is suggesting what you said in the very first sentence outweighs the progress of #2-4 on the depth chart? I could care less and I'm not saying, I'm just saying.

But one person doesn't make up a whole unit. Duke didn't play every offensive down. Yearby will be better than last year (when he was already very good and playing with less experience and an ankle that wasn't fully healed), Edwards should be better than last year. Walton is coming in. Gray can only get better. Last year it was Duke, and then a partially hobbled freshman, an inexperienced Edwards, Gray trying to learn how to be a RB, and Crawford as an emergency backup plan.

Advertisement
Compare our 12 departing starters with FSUs

Winston
K. Williams
Green
O'Leary
Matias
Erving
Jackson
Hart
Goldman
Edwards
Williams
Darby

11 of these guys were drafted. Now that's a lot to replace.

Winston
K. Williams
Green
O'Leary
Matias
Erving
Jackson
Hart
Goldman
Edwards
Williams
Darby

Now look at their last 5 crootin classes. They will be fine. They also have a corch with a NC.

We have Gorlden and Dorito leading the decision making on our sidelines.

Franchise's life must be so fun. He constantly hangs out on the message board of a team he clearly hates, waiting on someone to say something positive so he can belittle them with some witty retort. I'm envious.

Advertisement

But one person doesn't make up a whole unit. Duke didn't play every offensive down. Yearby will be better than last year (when he was already very good and playing with less experience and an ankle that wasn't fully healed), Edwards should be better than last year. Walton is coming in. Gray can only get better. Last year it was Duke, and then a partially hobbled freshman, an inexperienced Edwards, Gray trying to learn how to be a RB, and Crawford as an emergency backup plan.

So in other words, you are calling out our dear friend the franchise over what is 100% speculative on your part, and calling into question his logic and knowledge of the game over something speculative and unsubstantiated? The never touched the ball before walton and the 6 touches at 4 yards per carry Gray got you all moist and wanting after losing the most productive back in program history?

No you are right, show us the way to more logical analysis.

Last edited by a moderator:

So in other words, you are calling out our dear friend the franchise over what is 100% speculative on your part, and calling into question his logic and knowledge of the game over something speculative and unsubstantiated? The never touched the ball before walton and the 6 touches at 4 yards per carry Gray got you all moist and wanting after losing the most productive back in program history?

Dear friend, just sit back and absorb the logic and facts that dk lays out for us. As long as he continues to label his wild supposition as fact and logic, we are in good hands.

He is assuring us that all of the guys from last year's team will improve enough to negate the loss of the best player by far from that unit (and arguably the most impactful player on the team over the last 3 years). We must trust blindly, dear friend, a guy with his self-proclaimed depth of football knowledge. Guys always improve at a rapid rate here don't they, dear friend? It's so universally accepted that they will dramatically improve that it's dk fact. Cough...Stacy Coley...cough.

Winston
K. Williams
Green
O'Leary
Matias
Erving
Jackson
Hart
Goldman
Edwards
Williams
Darby

Now look at their last 5 crootin classes. They will be fine. They also have a corch with a NC.

We have Gorlden and Dorito leading the decision making on our sidelines.

Our last few classes have yielded quite a bit of talent. The rankings don't lie.

Advertisement
If we were replacing the Head Coach and the Defensive Coordinator then I would say we have definitely upgraded our roster.

Lol. The grass is always greener on the other side. Next year's recruit is always better than this year's recruit. It really is a hamster wheel with many fans here.

Advertisement

No, I'm calling out "dear" franchise because all he ever does on the board is make snide remarks while displaying exactly zero knowledge of football or substance in any post. Feel free to defend your boyfriend all you wish, but his post was clearly meant to along the lines of his typical whiny, sarcastic, uninformed nonsense.

...additionally, there is no "speculation" that Yearby was both a true freshman, and coming off an injury last year, and still played extremely well. Anyone with even minimal football knowledge (or simple logic) would project that he would as good, or most likely better than he was last year. Same for Edwards, who gained valuable experience. Also simple logic is that other than Duke, our RB unit had nothing but a true freshman coming off a major injury and an inexperienced big back.

Ah, good ol' Chise. Ever ready for a quick, and failed, attempt at wit, rarely demonstrating any logic or football knowledge. If you don't understand that a unit relies on more than one player, and while the new #1 may not be as good as the old #1 , but the [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=2-4][URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=2-4]#2-4 [/URL] [/URL] are all improved, then there's no hope for you anyway.

Or, perhaps he is suggesting what you said in the very first sentence outweighs the progress of [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=2-4]#2-4 [/URL] on the depth chart? I could care less and I'm not saying, I'm just saying.

Dear friend, just sit back and absorb the logic and facts that dk lays out for us. As long as he continues to label his wild supposition as fact and logic, we are in good hands.

He is assuring us that all of the guys from last year's team will improve enough to negate the loss of the best player by far from that unit (and arguably the most impactful player on the team over the last 3 years). We must trust blindly, dear friend, a guy with his self-proclaimed depth of football knowledge. Guys always improve at a rapid rate here don't they, dear friend? It's so universally accepted that they will dramatically improve that it's dk fact. Cough...Stacy Coley...cough.

No, what it does is give us a starting back that's likely not as good as last year's, but positions #2-4 in the backfield will likely ALL be better, given how little experience and depth we had last year. You're also sleeping on Yearby as if he's just some scrub that will be getting playing time because there's no one else. Yearby is an elite player and was one of the top recruits in the country.

If you've read 1 dk post, you've read them all. But I encourage dk, the plant, to keep posting. Each post gives you a clearer view of the flaccid, enabling underbelly of this institution.

Advertisement
Back