McDermott = Linder

Pierre << Kamalu

Chickillo = Thomas

Perryman > Kirby

Armbrister = Owens

Gunter < Howard

Fentress < Jenkins

See my thoughts above

Coley is the wildcard as he could go either way depending on his drops.

Duke >>> Yearby

Dorsett > Coley

Walford >> Dobard

Flowers >> Darling

Feliciano = K. McDermott

McDermott = Linder

Pierre << Kamalu

Chickillo = Thomas

Perryman > Kirby

Armbrister = Owens

Gunter < Howard

Fentress < Jenkins

See my thoughts above

We had a ton of guys drafted into the NFL a month ago I don't see all these upgrades

Yes we had 6 guys drafted into the NFL. Those are basically the only 6 guys we need to replace, everyone else who left wasn't all that great. Am I wrong?

Advertisement
Hard to say it's an upgrade when we lose Duke Johnson. I get what you're saying, and I think the position will be fine, but Duke Johnson was one of the best we've ever had here.
Pluses and minuses but the major reason for optimism is a seasoned Brad Kayya. Defense was not our problem last year offense when needed was. Duke was a sensational college back but the triad of Yearby, the big guy(Also seasoned )and the freshman is In my opinion an upgrade. DL better LB's even at best, db's better. Wr's even TE worse. OL better if healthy.

Dotard could be very, very good. Remember, he'll have a better Kaaya throwing him the ball, and will be a primary target. I think Dotard surprises everyone this year.
Duke >>> Yearby

Dorsett > Coley

Walford >> Dobard

Flowers >> Darling

Feliciano = K. McDermott

McDermott = Linder

Pierre << Kamalu

Chickillo = Thomas

Perryman > Kirby

Armbrister = Owens

Gunter < Howard

Fentress < Jenkins

See my thoughts above

Dotard could be very, very good. Remember, he'll have a better Kaaya throwing him the ball, and will be a primary target. I think Dotard surprises everyone this year.
Duke >>> Yearby

Dorsett > Coley

Walford >> Dobard

Flowers >> Darling

Feliciano = K. McDermott

McDermott = Linder

Pierre << Kamalu

Chickillo = Thomas

Perryman > Kirby

Armbrister = Owens

Gunter < Howard

Fentress < Jenkins

See my thoughts above

I think Dobard is going to do very well but he isn't on Walfords level so despite him doing well it is still a downgrade.

I think it does not matter if Dobard is huge this yr. Your TE/RB should never be your leading receiver and we are poised to have that again this season. I also agree with the thought of the talent gap between some of the replacements could be VERY big, Duke/Yearby, Flowers/Darling Perryman/Kirby are fairly big drop offs. Though I like the talent overall, there are some big holes. I do not recall Gunter starting much, and I never thought Pierre was that bad, surely not a big drop between he and Kamalu, maybe courted jenkins, but not Kamalu...

As much as I want to believe there will be a big improvement, I truly thought that last yr, the draft confirmed all of our feelings about the talent level on the team., so it is still on these coaches to coach these kids up and I do not see any changes there... So its not good logic to expect much difference...

Advertisement
Yes we had 6 guys drafted into the NFL. Those are basically the only 6 guys we need to replace, everyone else who left wasn't all that great. Am I wrong?

What you are saying makes sense, but it doesn't mean the other guys are better. Some are still young and may end up better in a few years. I think Chad Thomas is one of these.

Don't think it's fair to compare Feliciano & McDermott.
KC's gonna be a career starter at L or R Tackle...while Feliciano was a career OG, who had to fill in for Flowers & KC when they got hurt.

Duke >>> Yearby

Dorsett > Coley

Walford >> Dobard

Flowers >> Darling

Feliciano = K. McDermott

McDermott = Linder

Pierre << Kamalu

Chickillo = Thomas

Perryman > Kirby

Armbrister = Owens

Gunter < Howard

Fentress < Jenkins

See my thoughts above

I don't see why you are so down on yearby. The guy was coming off a bad ankle injury and in 80 carries averaged approximately 6 yards per carry.... Which so happens to be the equivalent to dalvin cook avg.... He wasn't the featured back and had a stud back in front of him. What were you expecting him to have?.. Personally I really like the potential combo of Edwards, yearby, gray and Walton. Always wanted to see what Edwards would do with more carries.Players get better all the time, remember while Waldord was solid in his previous years at Miami he wasn't anywhere near the player he was this past season. Stan dobard will be a playmaker just watch

The replacements are clearly better. What's even better for us is that the guys who will replace the replacements are better than the replacements. This corner is right on the verge of being turnt.

Advertisement
Hard to say it's an upgrade when we lose Duke Johnson. I get what you're saying, and I think the position will be fine, but Duke Johnson was one of the best we've ever had here.
Pluses and minuses but the major reason for optimism is a seasoned Brad Kayya. Defense was not our problem last year offense when needed was. Duke was a sensational college back but the triad of Yearby, the big guy(Also seasoned )and the freshman is In my opinion an upgrade. DL better LB's even at best, db's better. Wr's even TE worse. OL better if healthy.

Duke Johnson as an individual is irreplaceable. However, the RB position as a unit may not be much of a downgrade, or may even be better, with Yearby and Edwards having more experience and growth, and an exciting young back in Walton coming in, not to mention Gray, who had nowhere to go but up.

People bag on Chick like it was his fault what they did to him. He gained weight and didn't need to. He came in as a 4-3 DE and they made him into a stiff 3-4 DE. The majority of who is replacing the players that are gone may have better overall talent, but with what they are asked to do it will make them all look the same. Our DLine has looked the exact same since Golden came here. No one can or will stand out.

Duke >>> Yearby

Dorsett > Coley

Walford >> Dobard

Flowers >> Darling

Feliciano = K. McDermott

McDermott = Linder

Pierre << Kamalu

Chickillo = Thomas

Perryman > Kirby

Armbrister = Owens

Gunter < Howard

Fentress < Jenkins

See my thoughts above

I think Dobard is going to do very well but he isn't on Walfords level so despite him doing well it is still a downgrade.

Perryman should have multiple greater than symbols lol

Advertisement
Duke >>> Yearby

Dorsett > Coley

Walford >> Dobard

Flowers >> Darling

Feliciano = K. McDermott

McDermott = Linder

Pierre << Kamalu

Chickillo = Thomas

Perryman > Kirby

Armbrister = Owens

Gunter < Howard

Fentress < Jenkins

See my thoughts above

That is ****ed up right there, did you give him this moniker as a result of the FSU fumble?

Duke Johnson as an individual is irreplaceable. However, the RB position as a unit may not be much of a downgrade, or may even be better, with Yearby and Edwards having more experience and growth, and an exciting young back in Walton coming in, not to mention Gray, who had nowhere to go but up.

I agree. Losing the best player from the group and replacing him with his clearly inferior backups will definitely strengthen the position overall.

The players that you plug into this scheme dont matter and are actually the opposite of what you expect production-wise. Our defense could be a way better, more effective unit if we switched to a 1 gap aggressive front and allowed our corners to jam on the los.

Offensively we should be better off as long as Kaaya has taken the next step as you would expect as a sophomore. I like our rb and wr positions and I like Dobard at TE. Our OL idk and no one will until the season is in full swing but that could make or break our offense. I trust Kehoe to get the guys ready though.

Another change I, as well as most on here, would like to see is a faster pace on offense. It would be beneficial to our inexperienced o line and would play to the strengths of recruiting and fit our recruiting base. No idea what the issue was last year with the pace whether it was the freshman at qb, trying to keep the d off the field because of depth issues, or trying to save his buddys *** from his D getting torched, whatever it is I just hope it changes.

I agree. Losing the best player from the group and replacing him with his clearly inferior backups will definitely strengthen the position overall.

Ah, good ol' Chise. Ever ready for a quick, and failed, attempt at wit, rarely demonstrating any logic or football knowledge. If you don't understand that a unit relies on more than one player, and while the new #1 may not be as good as the old #1 , but the #2-4 are all improved, then there's no hope for you anyway.

Advertisement
Back