Feliciano -- K. McDermott

McDermott -- Linder

Pierre -- Kamalu

Chickillo -- Thomas

Perryman -- Kirby

Armbrister -- Owens

Gunter -- Howard

Fentress -- Jenkins

Now am I crazy, or are the replacements in many cases an upgrade from their predecessors?

Advertisement
Duke -- Yearby

Dorsett -- Coley

Walford -- Dobard

Flowers -- Darling

McDermott -- Linder

Pierre -- Kamalu

Chickillo -- Thomas

Perryman -- Kirby

Armbrister -- Owens

Gunter -- Howard

Fentress -- Jenkins

Now am I crazy, or are the replacements in many cases an upgrade from their predecessors?

I just going to say am i the only one to think we upgraded. i also believe that our oline is not a concern like everyone think it will be. Fowlers is huge miss. a top 10 pick and Mongo was 4th round. but i think our OL willl be good still. only because how much experience they got.

Pluses and minuses but the major reason for optimism is a seasoned Brad Kayya. Defense was not our problem last year offense when needed was. Duke was a sensational college back but the triad of Yearby, the big guy(Also seasoned )and the freshman is In my opinion an upgrade. DL better LB's even at best, db's better. Wr's even TE worse. OL better if healthy.

Duke -- Yearby

Dorsett -- Coley

Walford -- Dobard

Flowers -- Darling

McDermott -- Linder

Pierre -- Kamalu

Chickillo -- Thomas

Perryman -- Kirby

Armbrister -- Owens

Gunter -- Howard

Fentress -- Jenkins

I agree with you but when it comes to 90% of this board, common sense isnt so common...

Advertisement
Tough to upgrade from these guys right here:

Flowers
Duke
Dorsett
Walford
Perryman
Feliciano

Easily replaced:

Chickillo
McDermott
Fentress
Armbrister
Pierre
Gunter

Advertisement
Funny how it's the same thing every year. The replacements are better... Ok.

6-7

Ok yeah but do you disagree that replacing these 6 starters shouldn't be difficult at all?

Chickillo
McDermott
Fentress
Armbrister
Pierre
Gunter

Funny how it's the same thing every year. The replacements are better... Ok.

6-7

Ok yeah but do you disagree that replacing these 6 starters shouldn't be difficult at all?

Chickillo
McDermott
Fentress
Armbrister
Pierre
Gunter

Rok I see what your saying.. I really do. But you know just as well as I do it's not that simple in Goldies scheme.

The superior athlete doesn't mean there will be better performance on the field. And we do this ever year.

I refuse to get my hopes up.

Duke -- Yearby

Dorsett -- Coley

Walford -- Dobard

Flowers -- Darling

McDermott -- Linder

Pierre -- Kamalu

Chickillo -- Thomas

Perryman -- Kirby

Armbrister -- Owens

Gunter -- Howard

Fentress -- Jenkins

I am definitely not seeing what you are seeing. Maybe Linder will be better than McDermott, S, but he is extremely inexperienced. Jenkins will probably be better than Fentress, but Fentress was our best run support DB last year. Big drop offs from Duke, Dorsett, Walford, Flowers, and Perryman.

I think McDermott, KC will play OT and Darling will play OG.

Both Darling (OT/OG) and Thomas (DE) played badly last year. I don't think they will be better than Feliciano and Chickillo.

The only obvious upgrade to me is Jenkins provided he is healthy. Linder has the potential if he continues to play the way he did at the conclusion of last season. Chad still needs to show and prove I could roll with that one as well. Tracy probably has better awareness than Gunter but we've seen Tracy get smoked for 3 years now, I'm not convinced that he will be better.

Advertisement
Major area of concern would be the drop off from Flowers and general experience on the OL. Not overly concerned replacing Duke with a running back by committee, if they're all healthy and eligible. Believe someone will emerge from the group to be the featured back. And believe the maturation of Kaaya, if he develops like we all hope, will offset some of the losses on offense.

Upgrades at each of these positions aren't likely, I'll admit that.

However, I don't see such a steep drop-off with many of these.

My opinion:

Owens > Armbrister

Thomas > Chickillo

Kamalu > Pierre

Linder > McDermott

McDermott = Feliciano

Howard = Gunter

Carter/Jenkins/Jaquan > Fentress

Duke > Yearby/Edwards/Walton

Dorsett > Coley

Walford > Dobard

Flowers > Darling

Perryman > Kirby

Advertisement
Duke -- Yearby

Dorsett -- Coley

Walford -- Dobard

Flowers -- Darling

McDermott -- Linder

Pierre -- Kamalu

Chickillo -- Thomas

Perryman -- Kirby

Armbrister -- Owens

Gunter -- Howard

Fentress -- Jenkins

I just going to say am i the only one to think we upgraded. i also believe that our oline is not a concern like everyone think it will be. Fowlers is huge miss. a top 10 pick and Mongo was 4th round. but i think our OL willl be good still. only because how much experience they got.

Only 6 teams in the FBS have less experience on the OL. Even if they are better athletically, an inexperienced OL is gonna have some stupid mistakes and likely weak pass protection. Not to mention an injury or two from starting Sonny and Jahair Jones, depth at OL is terrible, Milo and St. Louis could make an impact, but they shouldn't be counted on so early in their careers.

Five for Fighting: The College Football Coaches? Guide to Rebuilding an Offensive Line From Scratch «

Only thing I change is
Dorsett=Coley
Coley has high 1st round talent.

Coley needs to demonstrate that he can play consistently well at this level. He's had a handful of moments in between large stretches of invisibility and dropped passes.

There's enough on experience on the OL:

Isidora
Gadbois
Linder
Darling
McDermott
Gall
Wells
Odogwu

At least two or three of these guys will be ready to contribute:

Jones
St. Louis
Milo
Mahoney
Brown
Grimsley
Knighton
Gauthier
Loftus

I don't see an upgrade at all... And I think we can put down the Coley has 1st round talent... He needs to learn how to play the position and not rely on his athletic ability... He was able to get by with the reverses, screens and returns as a freshman but it didn't work as much last year... Coley isn't better than Dorsett... We're going to miss PD, Clive and Duke a great deal... In addition to the 3 upperclassmen on the oline...

Advertisement
Back