Remember when Manny was too stubborn?

Officially fired? So baker might be fired but rumph isnt? Ok Not sure what you need for it to be official. And the delay in firing baker showed me he’s probably staying, and it was just reported again that he is

again you dont know if hes been fired or not. why dont you wait and see for everything to shake out first before making conclusions but that might be a hard concept for you to grasp

Advertisement
People comparing the relationship between Manny and Baker to Golden/Dorito are completely clueless and truly ignorant as your post clearly shows.

One thing is definitely not like the other. Given give people enough time and a forum, and they’ll show their abject ignorance
Exactly. On top of playing together in college, they coached together for 11 straight seasons at UVA, Temple and Miami.

Like I said earlier, it’s not uncommon for bosses in any field to bring in people they’ve worked with before. That doesn’t necessarily mean they’re tied at the hip. Would Manny prefer to not have to make this decision? Of course but it would hardly be the first time a boss has had to fire a colleague they’ve worked with on prior occasions.

again you dont know if hes been fired or not. why dont you wait and see for everything to shake out first before making conclusions but that might be a hard concept for you to grasp
You don’t know either then...yet you said “manny is doing everything he can” to make us better. You cNt say that if baker and patke are still here, which was my initial response to you. I think it’s safe to assume patke and baker are staying until we are told otherwise. You’re the one making conclusions and assuming they are or will be gone. I’m simply assuming the status quo

again -- what about the 2019 defense was fireable (realistically bc the numbers and performance were fine and we were so anemic on O). this past year the D was absolutely fireable and it looks like the changes are being made.
butch fired his dc after going 9-3 iirc. you ask what was ‘fireable’ about last seasons d. your asking the wrong question. it’s a leader’s job to assess and improve. if it isn’t good enough, fix it. if manny thought last season’s defensive staff was good enough, then he’s clueless. and he put that staff together. he know what he had, or should have.

and he is in meetings with these cats.

Advertisement
Also JBoy spells his name “Ethenic” so gonna go out on a limb and say someone with the incorrect spelling of his name probably isn’t him.

Exactly. The use of his misspelled name and likeness is not a sign of respect or indicative of fanhood. Which begs the question “why”

I posted to nauseam this isn’t Al. There’s a lot to bash manny on but not making changes or firing people is not one. He sees a problem he tries to fix it.

Manilla Ice. If he sees a problem, yo, he'll solve it.

What the **** is this thread? TRob was a good get but it’s too early even for slurper standards. What will you say if we roll into next season with the same shlt scheme and his friend Baker still stealing paychecks? Till he admits his whole defensive coaching career have been a failure by hiring a DC and giving full control, yes he is still stubborn. His other friend, Panda, wasn’t even forced out either.

Last edited:
Advertisement
What the **** is this thread? TRob was a good get but it’s too early even for slurper standards. What will you say if we roll into next season with the same shlt scheme and his friend Baker still stealing paychecks? Till he admits his whole defensive coaching career have been a failure by hiring a DC and giving full control, yes he is still stubborn. His other friend, Panda, wasn’t even forced out either.

It was under the assumption Patke and Baker were gone

Dude, the mopes were railing a week ago because nobody had left. Give the pendulum a chance, it'll come back.

no one is doing that, but he’s doing everything so far he can to get it right from a coaching staff standpoint. Also what was jimmy prior to Miami? He’s a first time hc that is learning but he’s got one attribute that our last two coaches didn’t and that’s a lack of stubbornness when it comes to his hires. He may fail but he won’t go down without a fight
Banda left for a DC gig. Did Manny push him out? Is that his doing? I doubt it. He fired Rumph. Ok, we can give him credit there and say he made a move. Stroud? He got sick. Nothing to do with Diaz. Other than firing Rumph, what has he done to fix things? Sounds like Diaz had moving pieces to deal with and is just taking advantage. Ivins and Navarro just reported Baker and Patke aren’t going anywhere. Are we really going to crown him for this? Let’s hope more is happening.

Baker was a Safeties coach under Manny at LTU for one season. When Manny took the Mississippi State DC job in 2015, Baker got promoted to DC at Louisiana Tech. They didn’t coach together again until Manny got the head coach job here in 2019. He definitely cut his teeth under Diaz but they’re hardly long time associates.
Are you sure they haven't been best friends since grade school and have tattoos of each other on their butts? That's what I've been told on cis

Advertisement
Advertisement
The real story here is Baez. That guy is the Teflon Don. Him, roaches and Twinkie’s are the only things that could survive a nuclear war. Man gone keep a job
Dude blocked me a few years ago on twitter. Heard he is a good guy but has the DBC vibe where he takes everything said literally and doesn’t get jokes

Banda left for a DC gig. Did Manny push him out? Is that his doing? I doubt it. He fired Rumph. Ok, we can give him credit there and say he made a move. Stroud? He got sick. Nothing to do with Diaz. Other than firing Rumph, what has he done to fix things? Sounds like Diaz had moving pieces to deal with and is just taking advantage. Ivins and Navarro just reported Baker and Patke aren’t going anywhere. Are we really going to crown him for this? Let’s hope more is happening.
Nope. Panda was not pushed out according to dsd. This mfer would have still been here if poor Utah State didn’t give Mandy an out.

Last edited:
I made the comment that it would be better if he'd learn to anticipate.

You responded by mocking the idea that he hasn't anticipated well. Your contention was that it's impossible to anticipate coaching failures, so there's nothing to talk about regarding Manny's inability to anticipate effectively.

Since you wrote that, I asked you to explain where you think Manny has anticipated well.

You're now acting confused.

It's not a hard question to make sense of. You invited the question.

I'm confused because it's a nonsensical statement. What exactly was Diaz supposed to "anticipate"? That he initially made bad hires? That makes zero sense to "anticipate." Or should he have anticipated that he could have to replace the staff, so he shouldn't hire people he can't fire? Well seeing as there may be almost 100% staff turnover in two years, it looks like he did anticipate that possibility.

The only thing I can figure is that you are unintentionally misusing the word "anticipate" and actually mean something else. It seems like you are trying to say that Diaz should do a better job evaluating personnel when selecting his staff. That's fair but that has nothing to do with anticipation.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back