Remember Alex Collins.....

This will have to happen eventually. The tension between federal laws and many states' laws right now simply is not tenable long-term. It has caused major issues with banking in the marijuana industry.
Yeah, I believe it will, I'm just impatient. I'm on probation for the incident and have a medical marijuana card with no issues but my job says I'll be fired if I test positive because it's still federally illegal. Complete horse****, so I can pop synthetic heroin, meth, cocaine, etc no problem with a prescription but using a natural plant with none of the devastating effects is not allowed. LOL

Advertisement
Yeah, I believe it will, I'm just impatient. I'm on probation for the incident and have a medical marijuana card with no issues but my job says I'll be fired if I test positive because it's still federally illegal. Complete horse****, so I can pop synthetic heroin, meth, cocaine, etc no problem with a prescription but using a natural plant with none of the devastating effects is not allowed. LOL
Couldn't agree more. Total horse****.

I would go further as guns should be allowed to felons with NON violent records. I grew up in a military family and am extensively trained. I had a concealed carry permit for years but got in trouble for something that was completely non violent and had ZERO to do with a gun. The dictators say I had to surrender my permit, remove my weapons and relinquish my 2nd amendment rights to protect myself and my family?! Fack no!
Lol, sorry had to vent. It's been years and still irks me!
Would also go further that marijuana should be federally legal, not just in individual states.
Agreed. Especially in some states where something as trivial as marijuana possession can be considered a felony. I mean, I understand taking away violent criminal's rights but some dude can't protect his family or even vote because he got caught with a bag of weed that was a little bit too big?

Advertisement
Can't disagree here. I mainly practice civil, but have handled quite a few of these as well.

This has always been like a totality of the circumstances charge that ordinarily begins with quantity by statute. PROVING an intent to distribute by simply showing an amount and a potential means to do so.....not proving jack **** to me.

Now, client comes to me stating that the cops found 4 pounds, 8 scales, 150 baggies with residue, etc.....ok, maybe we have a little more evidence to back up an intent to distribute. To me though, the only solid evidence would be undercover cop camera showing the defendant selling, though that can be dealt with as well.

REGARDLESS, the real problem in this story is that at Arkansas apparently, they teach you to permit an otherwise inconceivable search on your home when you are busted in your car?!?! WTF was he thinking?

UM
Yeah. I hope we teach better. The kid was stupid to go there to begin with.

Agreed. Especially in some states where something as trivial as marijuana possession can be considered a felony. I mean, I understand taking away violent criminal's rights but some dude can't protect his family or even vote because he got caught with a bag of weed that was a little bit too big?
Exactly, if an offender has a violent history or obviously used a gun in the commission of a crime, absolutely. But to paint every felony as a reason to deny our constitutional right, is ludicrous.

Advertisement
He should had listened to his mama. Maybe he wouldn’t have had to numb himself for spending his college years In Klanville

Advertisement
Can't disagree here. I mainly practice civil, but have handled quite a few of these as well.

This has always been like a totality of the circumstances charge that ordinarily begins with quantity by statute. PROVING an intent to distribute by simply showing an amount and a potential means to do so.....not proving jack **** to me.

Now, client comes to me stating that the cops found 4 pounds, 8 scales, 150 baggies with residue, etc.....ok, maybe we have a little more evidence to back up an intent to distribute. To me though, the only solid evidence would be undercover cop camera showing the defendant selling, though that can be dealt with as well.

REGARDLESS, the real problem in this story is that at Arkansas apparently, they teach you to permit an otherwise inconceivable search on your home when you are busted in your car?!?! WTF was he thinking?

UM

I was thinking the exact same thing. WTF was he thinking with that one. Insane lol.

Same here. It’s available by script but if I test positive I’m fired.

Advertisement

Even worse. Its pretty much Legal in NYC. Stores sell it, they have business cards and everything. If a cop really wants to be a **** and catches you smoking on the street you get like a 50 dollar ticket.

But, if I drive 3 minutes over the bridge to NJ. I will get pulled over for "swerving" or another BS charge that I can't prove never happened. Then the cop will tell me my car "smells of marijuana" and he has PC to search the vehicle. Even though I didn't smoke in my car and I didn't even smoke that day.

They literally will make up a reason to pull you over, then use it as an excuse to search your car because their is no way to prove it doesn't smell like marijuana to a judge. Then if they find anything else in your car your fvcked.

Even worse. Its pretty much Legal in NYC. Stores sell it, they have business cards and everything. If a cop really wants to be a **** and catches you smoking on the street you get like a 50 dollar ticket.

But, if I drive 3 minutes over the bridge to NJ. I will get pulled over for "swerving" or another BS charge that I can't prove never happened. Then the cop will tell me my car "smells of marijuana" and he has PC to search the vehicle. Even though I didn't smoke in my car and I didn't even smoke that day.

They literally will make up a reason to pull you over, then use it as an excuse to search your car because their is no way to prove it doesn't smell like marijuana to a judge. Then if they find anything else in your car your fvcked.
That's exactly why law enforcement is so against legalization. It will remove many reasons for them to pull you over and harass you. Not to mention the penal system (especially private ones) and of course big pharma. It will all come to a head but I pray it's much sooner than later.
Biden is bad news though as he's vehemently against it, at least Trump is letting the States make their own laws.

That's exactly why law enforcement is so against legalization. It will remove many reasons for them to pull you over and harass you. Not to mention the penal system (especially private ones) and of course big pharma. It will all come to a head but I pray it's much sooner than later.
Biden is bad news though as he's vehemently against it, at least Trump is letting the States make their own laws.

We’ve had this conversation before.

Big pharma gives zero fūcks about the legalization or decriminalization of pot. Won’t affect their business model in the slightest.

But people keep saying that shlt. It’s an urban myth. Like a bunch of other stupid theories that uneducated people believe.

Advertisement
Back