Remember Alex Collins.....

We’ve had this conversation before.

Big pharma gives zero fūcks about the legalization or decriminalization of pot. Won’t affect their business model in the slightest.

But people keep saying that shlt. It’s an urban myth. Like a bunch of other stupid theories that uneducated people believe.
We're all entitled to our opinions but I know for a fact that marijuana can replace numerous drugs that are highly addictive and profitable. They may try to get a stronghold on the industry when it becomes federally legal but with the way the opiod crisis has become, I don't think the Democrats will allow it. Big Pharma does not want it to happen.
I don't think you were necessary referring to me but trust me, I'm far from uneducated.

Advertisement
It's ridiculous, all these States are passing medical marijuana laws and even recreational but don't include employment protection in the legislature. So we have to choose medicine or livelihood.
It’s insane. And at the end of the day, too many people make too much money on the war on drugs, so we shouldn’t expect change to happen in a reasonable timeframe.

It’s insane. And at the end of the day, too many people make too much money on the war on drugs, so we shouldn’t expect change to happen in a reasonable timeframe.
There is hope on the horizon, Nevada and New York just passed laws that employers can't deny a candidate being hired or fired for a positive THC result. Of course, it doesn't apply to federal workers or public safety employees in said states. But they're the first of it's kind so far.

That's exactly why law enforcement is so against legalization. It will remove many reasons for them to pull you over and harass you. Not to mention the penal system (especially private ones) and of course big pharma. It will all come to a head but I pray it's much sooner than later.
Biden is bad news though as he's vehemently against it, at least Trump is letting the States make their own laws.

Just wait until its. Sir your car smells like Meth, please step out of the vehicle.

Advertisement
We're all entitled to our opinions but I know for a fact that marijuana can replace numerous drugs that are highly addictive and profitable. They may try to get a stronghold on the industry when it becomes federally legal but with the way the opiod crisis has become, I don't think the Democrats will allow it. Big Pharma does not want it to happen.
I don't think you were necessary referring to me but trust me, I'm far from uneducated.

Of course I wasn’t referring to you.

But we’ll disagree though on the approved drugs weed can replace. Literally none. There’s just no science to saying that. Sure there is data that it has some usefulness in a handful of indications (for which there are also other drugs).

There are no profitable drugs it will replace and that’s not a matter of opinion, it’s a matter of fact. Nobody can ever name the profitable or semi-profitable drugs it will replace because they don’t exist. Name some, if you can.

Let’s just be real. Most people want it to get high. Let’s be honest and not play games. I do believe in the decriminalization and removal of the prohibition. Everywhere. Just as I would have, had I lived in the 1920’s for alcohol. But the impetus is not because of any overwhelming medical benefit.

As far as it’s place in medicine, it’s minimal as far as it’s therapeutic and economic impact. The huge economic impact it will have when legalized is for recreational use, not medical. It’s all science, my friend. Double blind, randomized, statistically significant clinical trials tell the tale. Everything else is conjecture, speculation, and junk science.

There is hope on the horizon, Nevada and New York just passed laws that employers can't deny a candidate being hired or fired for a positive THC result. Of course, it doesn't apply to federal workers or public safety employees in said states. But they're the first of it's kind so far.
Well hope that trend continues. But on the positive side.... who would’ve thought we’d be where we are today back when we were kids? Not me.

Don’t know how old u are, but 30 years ago medical marijuana was a pipe dream (ha see what I did there) let alone recreational

Of course I wasn’t referring to you.

But we’ll disagree though on the approved drugs weed can replace. Literally none. There’s just no science to saying that. Sure there is data that it has some usefulness in a handful of indications (for which there are also other drugs).

There are no profitable drugs it will replace and that’s not a matter of opinion, it’s a matter of fact. Nobody can ever name the profitable or semi-profitable drugs it will replace because they don’t exist. Name some, if you can.

Let’s just be real. Most people want it to get high. Let’s be honest and not play games. I do believe in the decriminalization and removal of the prohibition. Everywhere. Just as I would have, had I lived in the 1920’s for alcohol. But the impetus is not because of any overwhelming medical benefit.

As far as it’s place in medicine, it’s minimal as far as it’s therapeutic and economic impact. The huge economic impact it will have when legalized is for recreational use, not medical. It’s all science, my friend. Double blind, randomized, statistically significant clinical trials tell the tale. Everything else is conjecture, speculation, and junk science.
Sorry but unless you or someone you know suffers and used marijuana for healing, you have no idea what you're talking about. Marijuana has so many healing properties, it's incredible. I know for a fact, it replaced opiates, anxiety meds, depression, arthritis, insomnia, nearly every negative effects of cancer/chemo and there are countless others. This is undisputed and there is scientific evidence, it has to be privately funded because the moronic government has it as a schedule 1 classification, meaning no medical benefit. A schedule 1 classification means it can't get funding required for more of those scientific studies to prove it.

Advertisement
Well hope that trend continues. But on the positive side.... who would’ve thought we’d be where we are today back when we were kids? Not me.

Don’t know how old u are, but 30 years ago medical marijuana was a pipe dream (ha see what I did there) let alone recreational
I know, I'm 38 and my, how far we have come. I couldn't believe it when California passed it in 96!

You're both right. Marijuana absolutely can have therapeutic benefits. But also the vast majority of people who will smoke it will use it mainly to get stoned. I'm all for both myself!

You're both right. Marijuana absolutely can have therapeutic benefits. But also the vast majority of people who will smoke it will use it mainly to get stoned. I'm all for both myself!
Nothing wrong with that! But the high is the THC attaching to your receptors, same as opiates and benzos, etc. Which is what provides the relief, with none of the catastrophic effects of pharmaceuticals.

Nothing wrong with that! But the high is the THC attaching to your receptors, same as opiates and benzos, etc. Which is what provides the relief, with none of the catastrophic effects of pharmaceuticals.
Oh, I agree 100%. I am a huge proponent of marijuana, both medicinally and recreationally. And I think it's unquestionable that it has medicinal benefits. I feel the same way about CBD. It doesn't take a large stretch of logic to believe something in the cannabinoid family would help with inflammation, assist sleep, anxiety, etc. That's what cannabinoids do! THC just also comes with the intoxicating effects - which personally I am a big fan of as well! lol It's an amazing plant (both marijuana and hemp), and obviously something put on this earth for us to use.

FAMILY BUSINESS SPAM ALERT: My brother owns a CBD company. www.BeMeNatural.com. His products are really high-quality and more affordable than many of his competitors (though CBD products are expensive regardless). I am not involved with the company at all, other than hoping it continues to be successful since it's my brother's. A ton of my family members and inlaws use CBD every day now. The gel caps and the pain cream mainly. One of them even canceled a knee procedure they had scheduled at Mayo because they aren't having the issues anymore since they started regularly using CBD. Placebo effect? Possibly. But, again, it makes since that cannaniboids would have these therapeutic effects, and I have at least a dozen family members who use it regularly now who absolutely swear by it. There is a ton of good information about CBD on his site if you're just curious to learn more about it. Ok, /gratuitous bro company sales pitch

Advertisement
Oh, I agree 100%. I am a huge proponent of marijuana, both medicinally and recreationally. And I think it's unquestionable that it has medicinal benefits. I feel the same way about CBD. It doesn't take a large stretch of logic to believe something in the cannabinoid family would help with inflammation, assist sleep, anxiety, etc. That's what cannabinoids do! THC just also comes with the intoxicating effects - which personally I am a big fan of as well! lol It's an amazing plant (both marijuana and hemp), and obviously something put on this earth for us to use.

FAMILY BUSINESS SPAM ALERT: My brother owns a CBD company. www.BeMeNatural.com. His products are really high-quality and more affordable than many of his competitors (though CBD products are expensive regardless). I am not involved with the company at all, other than hoping it continues to be successful since it's my brother's. A ton of my family members and inlaws use CBD every day now. The gel caps and the pain cream mainly. One of them even canceled a knee procedure they had scheduled at Mayo because they aren't having the issues anymore since they started regularly using CBD. Placebo effect? Possibly. But, again, it makes since that cannaniboids would have these therapeutic effects, and I have at least a dozen family members who use it regularly now who absolutely swear by it. There is a ton of good information about CBD on his site if you're just curious to learn more about it. Ok, /gratuitous bro company sales pitch
That's awesome and I'll definitely check it out. I absolutely agree CBD works wonders but mixed with THC, works better. Especially with the cost of CBD alone, my cousin uses it regularly for seizures.

That's awesome and I'll definitely check it out. I absolutely agree CBD works wonders but mixed with THC, works better. Especially with the cost of CBD alone, my cousin uses it regularly for seizures.
Yep, agreed. Works much better IMO with a blend of CBD and THC. But the customer base my brother's company targets wants 100% THC-free CBD, which is what his products are (derived from hemp instead of marijuana). It's purely for therapeutic purposes, no intoxicating effects and wont make you fail a drug test. His largest customers are elderly. They generally have the most issues that CBD helps with.

Advertisement
Where is the fat **** azzhat coach that sold Collins to the Woo Soo Piggy's?

Hopefully he died in an Ebola breakout between his fat rolls.

Sorry but unless you or someone you know suffers and used marijuana for healing, you have no idea what you're talking about. Marijuana has so many healing properties, it's incredible. I know for a fact, it replaced opiates, anxiety meds, depression, arthritis, insomnia, nearly every negative effects of cancer/chemo and there are countless others. This is undisputed and there is scientific evidence, it has to be privately funded because the moronic government has it as a schedule 1 classification, meaning no medical benefit. A schedule 1 classification means it can't get funding required for more of those scientific studies to prove it.

I actually do know exactly what I’m talking about.

No offense, but you just recited a bunch of anecdotal gobbledygook to me. Science doesn’t work that way. Anecdotes are not science.

Look, I’m all for the removal of marijuana prohibition because I’m a libertarian. I’m also aware of the very modest proven medical benefits of marijuana to some. But the overwhelming reproducible evidence is that it’s medical benefits are very modest - I’m not saying they’re non-existent.

I’m all for anyone that wants it, to be able to obtain it. But I’m not going to pretend that junk science, or anecdotes are real science.

As a strict believer in science, all that counts for me is rigorous proof.

Last edited:
OCCC that article points up a lot of medical uses and potential uses, some of which I knew, many of which I did not. Thank you for posting it.

OCCC that article points up a lot of medical uses and potential uses, some of which I knew, many of which I did not. Thank you for posting it.

I wanted to post a balanced overview from someone that’s cannabis friendly.

But keep in mind the difference between anecdotal reports and actual scientific evidence...which is all that counts for its practical use in society.

In other words, for something to become a scientifically proven standard of care it must have FDA approval (which requires rigorous scientific testing) and then insurance coverage follows. Insurance pretty much never covers anything without FDA approval.

If you read the body of the article, pretty much everything he talks about is anecdotal. Which is ok to discuss, as long as one understands the difference between anecdotes, and actual scientific evidence.

I direct you to this comment in his last paragraph, this is where the rubber meets the road:

“we don’t have rigorous studies and “gold standard” proof of the benefits and risks of medical marijuana”

Hopefully, as time passes, more studies will be conducted to shed scientific light on its potential benefits. There are several underway.

Advertisement
Back