Remember Alex Collins.....

Advertisement
Lot of lawyers in here-can any share some insight as to how “intent to distribute” is established?

It's a joke. They just tack it on if you have over a certain amount or have a lot of cash with you. No chance collins actually wanted to distribute. He probably just wanted to buy 5 ounces so he doesn't need to run out and buy a couple onces every month.

If its under the "distribution threshold" they can still tag you with it if its all bagged up or if you have "a lot" of cash with you.

It's a joke. They just tack it on if you have over a certain amount or have a lot of cash with you. No chance collins actually wanted to distribute. He probably just wanted to buy 5 ounces so he doesn't need to run out and buy a couple onces every month.

If its under the "distribution threshold" they can still tag you with it if its all bagged up or if you have "a lot" of cash with you.
I know nothing about this area of law (fortunately) but it sounds like possessing a certain amount just creates a rebuttable presumption (meaning the defendant can and does have to disprove it). So, maybe it switches the burden to the defendant.

Just a guess.

I remember his momma, we should have offered her his scholarship.
NO_PIG_SOOIE_zpsadb79e66.gif

Go Canes

Advertisement
I can't get over how dumb some of these players are, he was actually crushing it for the Ravens too (that's my team).

He crashed with his friend, why not have his friend take the drugs and gun and run away or hide it outside the car? Why not not have drugs and a gun with you? Why tell the cops about what you have in your house? Obviously he was high but still.....so ******* stupid.

The main reason and the only reason why I always say ADDICTION is you can warn you can plead you can offer solutions you can say and do anything to help these kids and they'll look you in the eye and respond with your right I know and totally IGNORE everything you say in order to keep the call of addiction satisfied at all cost.

The only way to cure this is a complete crash fall mushroom cloud then and only then MAYBE rehabilitation can begin........MAYBE.

THERE IS NO CURE ALWAYS IN THE BACK OF THE ADDICTED MIND IS THE THIRST THE DESIRE ALWAYS THERE.

GOCANES

Advertisement
He sat by his car for a long enough period of time to fall asleep but didn't think to hide the weed jar and the guns somewhere nearby to come and get them later?!? Jeez, man. Must have been some really danke sh-t!

Advertisement
Lot of lawyers in here-can any share some insight as to how “intent to distribute” is established?

Could be a variety of ways. Could be words, could be paraphenalia (scales, baggies, etc.), and sometimes it is a cut-off point for weight (if a guy has 10 pounds of marijuana, there may be a presumption of intent to distribute).

Just examples.

But, yes, that is often the charge that falls by the wayside if the police cannot establish sufficient evidence. Easy to charge, harder to prove.

Could be a snitch, some texts, a wire, any number of things others already posted. But definitely the biggest factor that I'm aware of is volume and packaging. 5 individually wrapped ounces looks worse than one bag with 5 ounces. And obviously 5 pounds is tough to allege it's for personal consumption as opposed to 5 ounces, etc.

Advertisement
@NateDogg

In my experience, “intent” is a combination of a threshold amount of the substance plus one of the following: packaging (baggies), measuring (scale), large amount of cash, or proof of communication from a customer.

In this case, they are either leaving information out of the article or they are assuming his possession of a firearm was for his protection as a dealer. If that’s the case an average at best defense can beat that. I also think 10 grams is extremely low for an intent charge.

Weak charge. Should not stick

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back