Reese Poffenbarger (UAlbany QB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
black and white please GIF

Advertisement
Figured he deserved his own thread. Is he a plan A option at quarterback? Probably not….but people are evaluating him exclusively on where he plays, which is ridiculous.

I’ll beat the the drum for him to at least get a look by Mario and the rest of the staff, especially if we keep striking out on guys like Ward and Howard.

The dude is an absolute stud — led UAlbany to their best season in school history. With a better OL, his numbers would have been even crazier. Watch his tape below:

Figured this needed its own thread. No it doesn’t. Go start threads with this **** over at 247

Advertisement
Williams, Brown and Judd wouldn't be willing to sit two more years.

You can't worry about 2025. You need to line up 2024. We need 2 QBs who can play. Even if we get Salter (are we even in discussions, someone said he doesn't like our staff?), do we really want to have one of those three start if he goes down? I don't. I think a kid like this kid would be a perfect QB2 for 2024. And then it's best man for the job in 2025.

In FCS ball, he completed 58% of his passes w/ 36 TDs & 13 ints. He played Two D1 FBS team this season, Marshall & Hawaii.

To give context:
-Hawaii went 5-8 & was 72nd in Defense this year, 49th against the pass, but 122nd in passing efficiency
-Marshall went 6-7 & was 60th in Defense this year, 62nd against the pass, but 45th in passing efficiency

Poffenbarg went 10/31 for 93 yards & 1 int in the Hawaii game & 22/38 for 194 yards & 1 TD in the Marshall game.

I was completely unfamiliar with this kid until I watched the FCS playoffs, & he was absolutely a train wreck against SDSU throwing 3 ints in a 59-0 loss.

I’m not comfortable w/ going after a FCS QB, skipping the G5 level of competition, and coming straight into P4 action. The game is so much faster at this level vs. FCS & he’s already shown bad habits against better competition at the FCS level.
I get it but at the same time as you said Division I> FCS. He has an FCS team getting overwhelmed by Division I players. How would he look with Division I dudes around him? With our OL?

The guy everyone wants didnt look that great versus Oregon.

Kaidon Salter vs Oregon:

126 yards 1 TD 1 INT QBR of 30

Why? Because Oregon has vastly better players.

Advertisement
Figured he deserved his own thread. Is he a plan A option at quarterback? Probably not….but people are evaluating him exclusively on where he plays, which is ridiculous.

I’ll beat the the drum for him to at least get a look by Mario and the rest of the staff, especially if we keep striking out on guys like Ward and Howard.

The dude is an absolute stud — led UAlbany to their best season in school history. With a better OL, his numbers would have been even crazier. Watch his tape below:

IMG_0402.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Manny was a **** show
Building a dumpster fire. Couldn't manage roster

Mario will get 4 classes guaranteed
He will get zero real pressure until year 5
Oh I’m not disagreeing with that.

But the fanbase just simply being content with this is embarrassing. You don’t need five years to flip a roster, and I’ll rattle off legit 50 coaches that didn’t need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back