Reese Poffenbarger (UAlbany QB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Do what @PIPO proposed. Take the kid as QB2 so we at least have one in the back pocket. Tell him we're going hard after a handful of Top FBS kids and if we land one, it'll give him a year to transition to big boy football. If we don't, at least we aren't stuck with JB, EW and JA as our only options.

We really need 2 QBs from the portal anyway.
This.

I hear you. I’d obviously prefer some of the other options, but this kid put up video game numbers this year and he deserves some respect.

To ur point, bro have been sacked 71 f’ing times in only 2 yrs! I mean, being behind a better OL could help, but my concern r those ints, & a step up in facing better defenses he’s accustomed to. Respect his heart, but man, FCS to P4 FBS is a ginormous leap in QB IQ.

Our fans act like superstar QBs are just lining up to play for us right now. Of course Mario wants to land a big name blue chip P5 QB but unfortunately it might not happen and you have to roll the dice. If Salter is a no go then bring this guy in and let him compete, if after spring it's clear as day that him or Jaccuri isn't it then throw a massive bag at a grad QB.

No, we don’t. They (superstar QBs) clearly aren’t, CLEARLY, so no we aren’t acting like anything. We are acting like fans of a team whose coach is getting paid $80M and whose QB for this season literally will determine his fate here while some of you are “acting” like “ahh, we’ll get em next time”. If Mario strikes out on a QB for 2024, his time at UM is done. He will have no steam, no momentum, absolutely nothing for 2025 if we blow this. It’s beyond results time, and we have opened up our checkbook and told these cats name the price and we still can’t close. But it’s all good, we’ll just get a good grad transfer after the spring, no worries. Cause it’s gonna be so much easier to do this then when other teams will still be desperate for QBs and we will still be chopped liver to recruit against.

IY YI YI

To ur point, bro have been sacked 71 f’ing times in only 2 yrs! I mean, being behind a better OL could help, but my concern r those ints, & a step up in facing better defenses he’s accustomed to. Respect his heart, but man, FCS to P4 FBS is a ginormous leap in QB IQ.
Ya, part of my intrigue stems from the curiosity of how he would perform with time in the pocket. I agree with others in here. Offer him a spot, but try to get someone better on top of him.

Advertisement
In FCS ball, he completed 58% of his passes w/ 36 TDs & 13 ints. He played Two D1 FBS team this season, Marshall & Hawaii.

To give context:
-Hawaii went 5-8 & was 72nd in Defense this year, 49th against the pass, but 122nd in passing efficiency
-Marshall went 6-7 & was 60th in Defense this year, 62nd against the pass, but 45th in passing efficiency

Poffenbarg went 10/31 for 93 yards & 1 int in the Hawaii game & 22/38 for 194 yards & 1 TD in the Marshall game.

I was completely u familiar with this kid until I watched the FCS playoffs, & he was absolutely a train wreck against SDSU throwing 3 ints in a 59-0 loss.

I’m not comfortable w/ going after a FCS QB, skipping the G5 level of competition, and coming straight into P4 action. The game is so much faster at this level vs. FCS & he’s already shown bad habits against better competition at the FCS level.

Thank you for your analysis, backed up by data and facts. Pass on him

Do what @PIPO proposed. Take the kid as QB2 so we at least have one in the back pocket. Tell him we're going hard after a handful of Top FBS kids and if we land one, it'll give him a year to transition to big boy football. If we don't, at least we aren't stuck with JB, EW and JA as our only options.

We really need 2 QBs from the portal anyway.
You're only getting one.

Advertisement
No, we don’t. They (superstar QBs) clearly aren’t, CLEARLY, so no we aren’t acting like anything. We are acting like fans of a team whose coach is getting paid $80M and whose QB for this season literally will determine his fate here while some of you are “acting” like “ahh, we’ll get em next time”. If Mario strikes out on a QB for 2024, his time at UM is done. He will have no steam, no momentum, absolutely nothing for 2025 if we blow this. It’s beyond results time, and we have opened up our checkbook and told these cats name the price and we still can’t close. But it’s all good, we’ll just get a good grad transfer after the spring, no worries. Cause it’s gonna be so much easier to do this then when other teams will still be desperate for QBs and we will still be chopped liver to recruit against.

IY YI YI
Screenshot_20240104_195855_Samsung Internet.jpg

Advertisement

IY YI YI
Mario could go 4-8 next year and his time at Miami won't be done. Regardless just because you say all these things don't mean they will happen. What QB is begging to come to Miami right now? A bunch of lower tier guys and unproven QBs. If a big time QB doesn't want to come here then what do you expect him to do? The Mario QB killer narrative is real and right now it's probably effecting us more then ever.

Advertisement
Its ok guys that guy on the main board has us winning 10 games with the QB's on our roster. No point in crying about spilled milk. Just vibe who needs a QB anyways with our talent acquisition 😎

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back