Reese Poffenbarger (UAlbany QB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, they could troll us. Them grabbing Verse, who was a coveted transfer that chose them over Tennessee and us (yes, we were trying to get him to visit) is a complete 180 from us yelling from the mountain tops that we are going all out for Cameron Ward/Will Howard and knowing how vital it is for us to get one of them and then settling for this mf.

You stop that and stop that right now. Everyone in America will be trolling us and Mario and rightfully so. This is a ******* joke.
Let them troll us. If we end up winning games with this kid, we’ll have the last laugh (I know that’s a big IF)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Fuck That Leonardo Dicaprio GIF by Jordan Belfort

Let them troll us. If we end up winning games with this kid, we’ll have the last laugh (I know that’s a big IF)

If Ferman replaced Dawson and we ended up winning games with Ferman and he won the Broyles award, we’d have the last laugh.

….we aint winning **** w a kid that got dog walked every time he faced FBS competition. Stop it.

These are all valid concerns. My response is that his team wasn’t very good. He lifted them up, not the other way around. His poor numbers in those games are a product of a god awful OL and lackluster supporting cast at skill player positions. That matters a lot when you play teams with way more talent than you.

But wasn’t he the starting QB for that 2022 team? I mean he had a better TD to int ratio in 2022, higher completion %, & higher yards/avg despite Albany being a sub .500 team. It appears the real difference of Albany 2022 v. 2023 is they had a much better rushing attack in 2023 vs. 2022 on offense.

So, I don’t know, I’m iffy on this. I don’t see the D’ King comparison nor is Rhett Lashlee calling the plays here.

Advertisement
IMO. Theres a big difference between taking a chance on a DL vs a Qb we need to start on year 3 for coach that needs to win now.
I mean to be honest, we won 7 games. A knee from 8. A bounce or two away from 9. And a QB not imploding from 10.

I think you remove the QB room, our team is improved talent wise verse last year. More depth. Year 2 of same OC/DC.

Do we need to have an elite QB to win 10 games? Sure makes it easier and success more likely.

See some Zach Wilson in this tape (for better or worse). Looks comfortable rolling and throwing off schedule, arm strength looks good enough too.

Advertisement
Our fans act like superstar QBs are just lining up to play for us right now. Of course Mario wants to land a big name blue chip P5 QB but unfortunately it might not happen and you have to roll the dice. If Salter is a no go then bring this guy in and let him compete, if after spring it's clear as day that him or Jaccuri isn't it then throw a massive bag at a grad QB.

If Ferman replaced Dawson and we ended up winning games with Ferman and he won the Broyles award, we’d have the last laugh.

….we aint winning **** w a kid that got dog walked every time he faced FBS competition. Stop it.
I hear you. I’d obviously prefer some of the other options, but this kid put up video game numbers this year and he deserves some respect.

Do what @PIPO proposed. Take the kid as QB2 so we at least have one in the back pocket. Tell him we're going hard after a handful of Top FBS kids and if we land one, it'll give him a year to transition to big boy football. If we don't, at least we aren't stuck with JB, EW and JA as our only options.

We really need 2 QBs from the portal anyway.

Advertisement
But wasn’t he the starting QB for that 2022 team? I mean he had a better TD to int ratio in 2022, higher completion %, & higher yards/avg despite Albany being a sub .500 team. It appears the real difference of Albany 2022 v. 2023 is they had a much better rushing attack in 2023 vs. 2022 on offense.

So, I don’t know, I’m iffy on this. I don’t see the D’ King comparison nor is Rhett Lashlee calling the plays here.
There are many concerns, but obviously we’re in a place right now where we’re striking out on most of the better options.

My argument is we could do a lot worse than this kid. Is he what we want? No. Is he still a darn good QB? Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back