Reese Poffenbarger (UAlbany QB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
At this point, we may need to take a chance. It's almost as if no decent qb wants to play here. I'd say he's better than what we have. Jacurri can't throw and Emory can't run
:sideeyes: I'm guessing Reese does?

At this point, we may need to take a chance. It's almost as if no decent qb wants to play here. I'd say he's better than what we have. Jacurri can't throw and Emory can't run
Might be the case. If it is then imo it’s a huge failure by this staff to have to risk year 3 on a Plan H fcs qb. Could luck into one who knows. Would be a cool story.

Advertisement
Would like to see a full game. Highlights show his ceiling so it’s hard to tell. He’s definitely quick enough to get out of trouble and arm is good enough if paired with accuracy and decision making.

24-41 for 341 yards and 3 touchdowns in an upset win.

Advertisement
In FCS ball, he completed 58% of his passes w/ 36 TDs & 13 ints. He played Two D1 FBS team this season, Marshall & Hawaii.

To give context:
-Hawaii went 5-8 & was 72nd in Defense this year, 49th against the pass, but 122nd in passing efficiency
-Marshall went 6-7 & was 60th in Defense this year, 62nd against the pass, but 45th in passing efficiency

Poffenbarg went 10/31 for 93 yards & 1 int in the Hawaii game & 22/38 for 194 yards & 1 TD in the Marshall game.

I was completely unfamiliar with this kid until I watched the FCS playoffs, & he was absolutely a train wreck against SDSU throwing 3 ints in a 59-0 loss.

I’m not comfortable w/ going after a FCS QB, skipping the G5 level of competition, and coming straight into P4 action. The game is so much faster at this level vs. FCS & he’s already shown bad habits against better competition at the FCS level.

Last edited:
They can’t troll us. Verse, one of their best players, transferred from Albany.

Yes, they could troll us. Them grabbing Verse, who was a coveted transfer that chose them over Tennessee and us (yes, we were trying to get him to visit) is a complete 180 from us yelling from the mountain tops that we are going all out for Cameron Ward/Will Howard and knowing how vital it is for us to get one of them and then settling for this mf.

You stop that and stop that right now. Everyone in America will be trolling us and Mario and rightfully so. This is a ******* joke.

Advertisement
In FCS ball, he completed 58% of his passes w/ 36 TDs & 13 ints. He played Two D1 FBS team this season, Marshall & Hawaii.

To give context:
-Hawaii went 5-8 & was 72nd in Defense this year, 49th against the pass, but 122nd in passing efficiency
-Marshall went 6-7 & was 60th in Defense this year, 62nd against the pass, but 45th in passing efficiency

Poffenbarg went 10/31 for 93 yards & 1 int in the Hawaii game & 22/38 for 194 yards & 1 TD in the Marshall game.

I was completely u familiar with this kid until I watched the FCS playoffs, & he was absolutely a train wreck against SDSU throwing 3 ints in a 59-0 loss.

I’m not comfortable w/ going after a FCS QB, skipping the G5 level of competition, and coming straight into P4 action. The game is so much faster at this level vs. FCS & he’s already shown bad habits against better competition at the FCS level.
Good lord. Hard pass on this kid.

Advertisement

To give context:

I was completely u familiar with this kid until I watched the FCS playoffs, & he was absolutely a train wreck against SDSU throwing 3 ints in a 59-0 loss.

These are all valid concerns. My response is that his team wasn’t very good. He lifted them up, not the other way around. His poor numbers in those games are a product of a god awful OL and lackluster supporting cast at skill player positions. That matters a lot when you play teams with way more talent than you.

As I said on the other thread, he's a super intriguing candidate. The highlights are impressive. He's also a leader and a winner, which people on this board discount way too much IMO. But what's not shown on the highlights are his 13 interceptions and a crazy number of sacks and TFLs. I'd need to watch a few of his games if they're available on YouTube to really get a full picture.

Right now, I only see Salter or Tagovailoa as above the line options. And it's more likely than not that Taulia gets denied a waiver. Really bad situation to be in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back