Recruits reactions to Golden staying

Lmao at Golden trying to recruit down here now.

He thought he hand one hand tied behind his back before? ****, you're riding in a trunk now with a bag over your head.

Oh yeah, this will now be way harder then dealing with the uncertainty of sanctions and a possible death sentence....

"Come to Miami, a place so great even I tried to leave."

He's an alum its not just any school. Come in man you are bigger than that!!!!

Sadly, based on his many posts, no, he's not really bigger than that.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I dont post much, but time for me to say my piece. What a bunch of ****ing ******* on this site.

Golden's been here 3 years under an NCAA cloud that he didn't inherit. Year 1: 6-6, Year 2: 7-5, Year 3: 8-4. For those who suck at math, that's an improvement each year! And yet people are ready to bash the man for batting an eye to PSU. When your "dream job" comes calling, you at least listen. Can't fault the man for that. Obviously it didn't work out between them. As for who said "No," I don't know and I don't care!

It's no wonder coaches don't stick around for you **** fickle fans. D scheme sucked last year, but scheme is often fitted to the players on the roster. No D line to speak of = ****ty secondary. I'm sure Golden will address the D side of the ball and needs some big uglies to be able to blitz and play man.

How about you nut jobs support the coach and this team? If you need to **** and whine like a little ****, there's 121 D-1 teams you can go be a ****ty fan for.

Remember... it's all about the ****ING []__[]!

We went 9-4 this year.

We lost to DUKE

A Duke team that won the conference, was not like they ended the season 6-6. Come on man, we have been on probation the past two years, if you didn't know. Get over it, we will not be losing to them in the future as this staff continues to recruit they way they have been.

Last edited by a moderator:
The duke loss crew kills me. This duke team had the best coach of the year. Won 10 games and almost beat johnny football.

Lmao at Golden trying to recruit down here now.

He thought he hand one hand tied behind his back before? ****, you're riding in a trunk now with a bag over your head.

He can flip this easily remember he's got a Psych degree and tell recruits that this is where he wanted to be....

Advertisement
Corch Golden and Corch D'Nofrio at Miami forever.....great I'm so happy and so excited for the future of Miami football

I dont post much, but time for me to say my piece. What a bunch of ****ing ******** on this site.

Golden's been here 3 years under an NCAA cloud that he didn't inherit. Year 1: 6-6, Year 2: 7-5, Year 3: 8-4. For those who suck at math, that's an improvement each year! And yet people are ready to bash the man for batting an eye to PSU. When your "dream job" comes calling, you at least listen. Can't fault the man for that. Obviously it didn't work out between them. As for who said "No," I don't know and I don't care!

It's no wonder coaches don't stick around for you **** fickle fans. D scheme sucked last year, but scheme is often fitted to the players on the roster. No D line to speak of = ****ty secondary. I'm sure Golden will address the D side of the ball and needs some big uglies to be able to blitz and play man.

How about you nut jobs support the coach and this team? If you need to **** and whine like a little ****, there's 121 D-1 teams you can go be a ****ty fan for.

We went 9-4 this year.

We lost to DUKE

A Duke team that won the conference, was not like they ended the season 6-6. Come on man, we have been on probation the past two years, if you didn't know. Get over it, we will not be losing to them in the future as this staff continues to recruit they way they have been.

Duke didn't win the conference. They won the pathetic Coastal. They got their asses handed to them by FSU in the ACCG.

Duke, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Georgia Tech, Wake Forest....every year its the same story losing to inferior ACC teams w/ mediocre talent....we should have won the Coastal no excuses

I just want to see a chad thomas post

After UM posted Golden’s statement, incoming recruit Braxton Berrios wrote on Twitter: “WE ALL STAND WITH THE U!! It’s a canes thing, you guys just wouldn’t understand.”

Miami Booker T. Washington High defensive end Chad Thomas said he first began hearing rumors about Golden possibly heading to Penn State when he played in the Under Armour All-American game earlier this week.

“I called Coach and asked him what was going on,” said Thomas, widely considered UM’s top defensive recruit.

“Coach [Jethro] Franklin, [Micheal] Barrow and Golden told me to just concentrate on the things I could handle and things would work out.”

Thomas admits he was a little nervous and although he considered himself “a 100 percent commitment to Miami,” a potential coaching change would throw a curveball into Miami’s future. Thomas said he was relieved when he found out Sunday that Golden was staying.

“I know we have a special class coming in and I didn’t know what would happen if Coach Golden left,” Thomas said. “I’m glad he isn’t going anywhere. I know the rise back to the top is going to happen and it’s going to be special. I want to be a part of it.”

Miami Herald sportswriters Manny Navarro and Michelle Kaufman contributed to this report.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/01/05/3853836/university-of-miami-football-coach.html#storylink=cpy

say it ain't so....

Advertisement
Duke, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Georgia Tech, Wake Forest....every year its the same story losing to inferior ACC teams w/ mediocre talent....we should have won the Coastal no excuses

We have mediocre talent....especially with Duke and Dorsett hurt.

We should not have mediocre talent much longer or else Golden has to go.

With the news that coach Al Golden will be back as Miami's head coach, Hurricane commitments reacted with relief.

Some of their reactions:

* Braxton Berrios: "I was beyond happy - I saw (the news) on Twitter, and coach (Brennan) Carroll and coach (Al) Golden messaged me. Coach Golden said `Sorry about all the noise, thanks for hanging in there, let's do it.'"

Berrios adds "Everything was so kept quiet I didn't know what to expect. I didn't think he was going, but thought there was a pretty good possibility he would. I was anxious he was leaving, so when I found out he was staying I was beyond excited that we didn't have to go through the coaching changes, recruiting issues.

"Especially with me coming in two days (as an early enrollee) it would have been a really big culture shock to get down there and know nobody. It's a real relief. I'm ready to get the ball rolling."

* Nigel Bethel III: "A Cane fan told me the news on Twitter - I didn't feel he was ever leaving. When I committed he told me had a six-year deal at Miami, so I trusted his word."

If Golden had left, Bethel said it "wouldn't really" have affected the recruiting class.

"Coach (James) Coley played a big part, helped, and coach Golden stamped it," Bethel said.

* Tyre Brady: "I heard on Twitter. I was very excited. It was great. I'm excited he's staying."

Brady says regardless he would have stuck with the Canes.

"This is a big deal for Miami," he said. "He's the one that built this class."

* Trevor Darling: "I was pretty happy about it. But I kind of knew he would stay. He knew we had something going on here."

If Golden had left?

"I still would have stayed with Miami," Darling said.

* Trent Harris (who just got the news from this reporter): "Oh, good, thank you Lord! I can't wait to get there, just to give him a big hug.

"I'm 100 percent committed to Miami regardless of if he was coming back or not."

Harris says he's set to come to Miami Jan. 8 as an early enrollee.

* Christopher Herndon: "I'm very excited that Al Golden stayed. After he came for the home visit, I got a little more familiar with him, and loved what he had to say, and it all just sunk in and got me excited to play for him."

* Kiy Hester: "Was a little nervous, but happy he's staying and now I'm focused on preparing to get ready for next year and helping the team."

Hester said if Golden had left he might have decommitted, saying it "depends who would have come in (as new coach)."

He adds "But I wanted to stay."

* Calvin Heurtelou: "I hadn't heard he was staying. I'm excited."

Heurtelou also said his plans to arrive Jan. 8 have hit a snag, but he hopes to arrive in late January before the last day to add classes.

He has already signed with UM.
* Courtel Jenkins: "It was good, nice to hear the news he was staying. It made me feel more comfortable with going there."

Jenkins said, had Golden left, "I probably would have decommitted."

That's because Golden and much of his staff have personal ties to the New Jersey area - Jenkins' home territory.

Jenkins adds that "Since coach Golden got to Miami he's doing great things. We have a great recruiting class coming in and we have things to accomplish, can set goals high. We'll come in this year and have a great year and more to come."

Jenkins also said other programs were already after him to decommit.

"A couple schools hit me up when the whole al Golden thing was happening," he said. "Pittsburgh was one of them. They said `If Golden leaves we have a spot here on our team for you, come play for us.'"

* Darrell Langham: "I didn't even know he was thinking about leaving. I wasn't on Twitter, hadn't been paying attention.

"I first heard about it this morning, but I wasn't thinking about it much."

* Ryan Mayes: "That's really great. He's a really good coach in my eyes. He looks out for the kids. That's good he's coming back.

"I was worried (he'd leave). It wouldn't have affected my commitment, but it would have been a letdown because I'm looking forward to him coaching me."

* Terry McCray: "I wasn't sure what would happen. It's great that he's staying."

McCray also now says to no longer list him as a soft commitment - he was previously strongly considering LSU.

"I'm solid," he says. "I already see the program turning back around, getting back how it used to be. Now that he's staying it'll be better. All the commits will stay now."

* KC McDermott: "I didn't think he was going to leave. I wasn't worried."

If Golden had left, would it have affected the class in a major way?

"It wouldn't have been a big affect on us," McDemott said.

* Darrion Owens: "I'm happy and relieved."
* Brandon Powell: "Coach Golden sent me a message today on Twitter saying sorry for everything, that he's staying at Miami. I wanted to play for coach Golden, so when I found out he was staying I was happy."

Powell, who is arriving early, says if Golden had left that he would not have reported to Miami this week.

"I had another school I would have gone to," Powell said, declining to name the school. "I didn't want to go to college under a new coach, having a coach that might change my position, not even want me maybe. I wanted to play for coach Golden."

* Malik Rosier: "I'm happy. He's a great man. And it would change a lot for me because if he would of left I might not be able to play both baseball and football. I'm glad he is staying with us. He turned down his own alumni, so that means he's buying into the University of Miami and that makes me want to buy in and sell out even more."

* Mike Smith: "I'm excited. I found out from a sports app on my phone. Him coming back, it'll help the older guys out for next year so they don't have to transition to a whole new system, and it helps us having the system already in place, to build."

Smith said if Golden had left he's "not sure" if he would have decommitted.

* Chad Thomas: "I was just happy, happy he's staying."

Thomas said he found out the news via Twitter.

"I didn't know if he'd come back, honestly," Thomas said. "I was worried about it. I got the news he might be leaving at the All-American game."

And if Golden had left?

"I still would have stayed committed," Thomas said.

* Travonte Valentine decommitted yesterday due to news that Golden might leave for Penn State. When reached by CaneSport and told Golden was staying, Valentine said he has no immediate plans to recommit.

He is choosing between Miami and LSU.

* Michael Wyche: "I heard the news - Anthony Chickillo and me and good friends, so he told me. Oh man, I'm very happy. I really wanted him to stay. He's a great coach, players' coach."

Wyche has already signed with UM, so he would have been a Cane regardless.

"I was worried (he'd leave), was worried about the coaching situation," Wyche said. "He could have easily took the job. I'm just happy he thought about his players, kids he was leaving behind that really were counting on him. That says a lot about him."

* Juwon Young: "It's always good for a good head coach to stay. I love the U and keeping Golden is a plus and I know he would love a national championship team."

Young said he would have stuck with his commitment even had Golden left.

Toma

does signing the letter mean that Wyche will be hear next week?

I dont post much, but time for me to say my piece. What a bunch of ****ing ******* on this site.

We went 9-4 this year.

We lost to DUKE

Duke didn't win the conference. They won the pathetic Coastal. They got their asses handed to them by FSU in the ACCG.

Still, they almost beat TAMU. They had a good year.

Advertisement
We also have mostly mediocre talent, we are upgrading this year!!!

We also have mostly mediocre talent, we are upgrading this year!!!

We didn't lose to those teams because of mediocre talent, we lost because of mediocre coaching!!

With the news that coach Al Golden will be back as Miami's head coach, Hurricane commitments reacted with relief.

Some of their reactions:

* Braxton Berrios: "I was beyond happy - I saw (the news) on Twitter, and coach (Brennan) Carroll and coach (Al) Golden messaged me. Coach Golden said `Sorry about all the noise, thanks for hanging in there, let's do it.'"

Berrios adds "Everything was so kept quiet I didn't know what to expect. I didn't think he was going, but thought there was a pretty good possibility he would. I was anxious he was leaving, so when I found out he was staying I was beyond excited that we didn't have to go through the coaching changes, recruiting issues.

"Especially with me coming in two days (as an early enrollee) it would have been a really big culture shock to get down there and know nobody. It's a real relief. I'm ready to get the ball rolling."

* Nigel Bethel III: "A Cane fan told me the news on Twitter - I didn't feel he was ever leaving. When I committed he told me had a six-year deal at Miami, so I trusted his word."

If Golden had left, Bethel said it "wouldn't really" have affected the recruiting class.

"Coach (James) Coley played a big part, helped, and coach Golden stamped it," Bethel said.

* Tyre Brady: "I heard on Twitter. I was very excited. It was great. I'm excited he's staying."

Brady says regardless he would have stuck with the Canes.

"This is a big deal for Miami," he said. "He's the one that built this class."

* Trevor Darling: "I was pretty happy about it. But I kind of knew he would stay. He knew we had something going on here."

If Golden had left?

"I still would have stayed with Miami," Darling said.

* Trent Harris (who just got the news from this reporter): "Oh, good, thank you Lord! I can't wait to get there, just to give him a big hug.

"I'm 100 percent committed to Miami regardless of if he was coming back or not."

Harris says he's set to come to Miami Jan. 8 as an early enrollee.

* Christopher Herndon: "I'm very excited that Al Golden stayed. After he came for the home visit, I got a little more familiar with him, and loved what he had to say, and it all just sunk in and got me excited to play for him."

* Kiy Hester: "Was a little nervous, but happy he's staying and now I'm focused on preparing to get ready for next year and helping the team."

Hester said if Golden had left he might have decommitted, saying it "depends who would have come in (as new coach)."

He adds "But I wanted to stay."

* Calvin Heurtelou: "I hadn't heard he was staying. I'm excited."

Heurtelou also said his plans to arrive Jan. 8 have hit a snag, but he hopes to arrive in late January before the last day to add classes.

He has already signed with UM.
* Courtel Jenkins: "It was good, nice to hear the news he was staying. It made me feel more comfortable with going there."

Jenkins said, had Golden left, "I probably would have decommitted."

That's because Golden and much of his staff have personal ties to the New Jersey area - Jenkins' home territory.

Jenkins adds that "Since coach Golden got to Miami he's doing great things. We have a great recruiting class coming in and we have things to accomplish, can set goals high. We'll come in this year and have a great year and more to come."

Jenkins also said other programs were already after him to decommit.

"A couple schools hit me up when the whole al Golden thing was happening," he said. "Pittsburgh was one of them. They said `If Golden leaves we have a spot here on our team for you, come play for us.'"

* Darrell Langham: "I didn't even know he was thinking about leaving. I wasn't on Twitter, hadn't been paying attention.

"I first heard about it this morning, but I wasn't thinking about it much."

* Ryan Mayes: "That's really great. He's a really good coach in my eyes. He looks out for the kids. That's good he's coming back.

"I was worried (he'd leave). It wouldn't have affected my commitment, but it would have been a letdown because I'm looking forward to him coaching me."

* Terry McCray: "I wasn't sure what would happen. It's great that he's staying."

McCray also now says to no longer list him as a soft commitment - he was previously strongly considering LSU.

"I'm solid," he says. "I already see the program turning back around, getting back how it used to be. Now that he's staying it'll be better. All the commits will stay now."

* KC McDermott: "I didn't think he was going to leave. I wasn't worried."

If Golden had left, would it have affected the class in a major way?

"It wouldn't have been a big affect on us," McDemott said.

* Darrion Owens: "I'm happy and relieved."
* Brandon Powell: "Coach Golden sent me a message today on Twitter saying sorry for everything, that he's staying at Miami. I wanted to play for coach Golden, so when I found out he was staying I was happy."

Powell, who is arriving early, says if Golden had left that he would not have reported to Miami this week.

"I had another school I would have gone to," Powell said, declining to name the school. "I didn't want to go to college under a new coach, having a coach that might change my position, not even want me maybe. I wanted to play for coach Golden."

* Malik Rosier: "I'm happy. He's a great man. And it would change a lot for me because if he would of left I might not be able to play both baseball and football. I'm glad he is staying with us. He turned down his own alumni, so that means he's buying into the University of Miami and that makes me want to buy in and sell out even more."

* Mike Smith: "I'm excited. I found out from a sports app on my phone. Him coming back, it'll help the older guys out for next year so they don't have to transition to a whole new system, and it helps us having the system already in place, to build."

Smith said if Golden had left he's "not sure" if he would have decommitted.

* Chad Thomas: "I was just happy, happy he's staying."

Thomas said he found out the news via Twitter.

"I didn't know if he'd come back, honestly," Thomas said. "I was worried about it. I got the news he might be leaving at the All-American game."

And if Golden had left?

"I still would have stayed committed," Thomas said.

* Travonte Valentine decommitted yesterday due to news that Golden might leave for Penn State. When reached by CaneSport and told Golden was staying, Valentine said he has no immediate plans to recommit.

He is choosing between Miami and LSU.

* Michael Wyche: "I heard the news - Anthony Chickillo and me and good friends, so he told me. Oh man, I'm very happy. I really wanted him to stay. He's a great coach, players' coach."

Wyche has already signed with UM, so he would have been a Cane regardless.

"I was worried (he'd leave), was worried about the coaching situation," Wyche said. "He could have easily took the job. I'm just happy he thought about his players, kids he was leaving behind that really were counting on him. That says a lot about him."

* Juwon Young: "It's always good for a good head coach to stay. I love the U and keeping Golden is a plus and I know he would love a national championship team."

Young said he would have stuck with his commitment even had Golden left.

Toma

does signing the letter mean that Wyche will be hear next week?

Not necessarily next week, could be summer or fall. But it is the same as a high schooler signing an LOI. Would need to be granted release.

Advertisement
Back