Recruits reactions to Golden staying

I dont post much, but time for me to say my piece. What a bunch of ****ing ******** on this site.

Golden's been here 3 years under an NCAA cloud that he didn't inherit. Year 1: 6-6, Year 2: 7-5, Year 3: 8-4. For those who suck at math, that's an improvement each year! And yet people are ready to bash the man for batting an eye to PSU. When your "dream job" comes calling, you at least listen. Can't fault the man for that. Obviously it didn't work out between them. As for who said "No," I don't know and I don't care!

It's no wonder coaches don't stick around for you **** fickle fans. D scheme sucked last year, but scheme is often fitted to the players on the roster. No D line to speak of = ****ty secondary. I'm sure Golden will address the D side of the ball and needs some big uglies to be able to blitz and play man.

How about you nut jobs support the coach and this team? If you need to **** and whine like a little ****, there's 121 D-1 teams you can go be a ****ty fan for.

Remember... it's all about the ****ING []__[]!

We went 9-4 this year.

We lost to DUKE

We lost to VT

An average DC and most likely we win both games

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Lmao at Golden trying to recruit down here now.

He thought he hand one hand tied behind his back before? ****, you're riding in a trunk now with a bag over your head.

Oh yeah, this will now be way harder then dealing with the uncertainty of sanctions and a possible death sentence....

"Come to Miami, a place so great even I tried to leave."

Well at least he did listen to them with class. He never lied to anyone, he kept quiet about it. I'll give him credit for that. Say what you want about Al, but is a class act. Maybe not a great coach but a class act.

Class act huh? Kept the whole staff, recruits and fan base in Limbo for 3 days and he's a class act. ok

The only people in limbo were the dumbasses on message boards all weekend jumping on every rumor the same dumbasses made up!

Oh yeah, this will now be way harder then dealing with the uncertainty of sanctions and a possible death sentence....

Well at least he did listen to them with class. He never lied to anyone, he kept quiet about it. I'll give him credit for that. Say what you want about Al, but is a class act. Maybe not a great coach but a class act.

Class act huh? Kept the whole staff, recruits and fan base in Limbo for 3 days and he's a class act. ok

i thought the same but apparently he wasnt because chad thomas said he was insuring him he was staying.

Chad Thomas didn't say that. He said they told him to focus on what he could control and everything would work out.

Tim Reynolds@ByTimReynolds 3m So imagine this potential recruiting pitch from Al Golden: "I could have gone home, to my alma mater, my dream job. And I'm still at Miami."
Boom! Recruits can say he'll never leave and he's down for the U no matter what. Haters can hate but they cant deny that

He was never offered the job.

He could've fought harder for the offer and said **** you to the recruits, the parents, the coaches, the fans, the AD, the President, the staff and the whole program............ yeah I can forgive him

Fought harder for an offer? Please explain how that works.

Advertisement
Lmao at Golden trying to recruit down here now.

He thought he hand one hand tied behind his back before? ****, you're riding in a trunk now with a bag over your head.

Yes he did listen to their pitch but how do you know if he was using Penn St to get more money or insurance. Bottom line was he didn't make any statements that make him look like a liar like Saban did with the Dolphins. There was a lot of speculation the last couple of days and we may never know the truth. Most of the stories came from that clown Ferman. I'm not big on Al as a coach until he proves it on the field but the talent on defense isn't there right now and the offense suffered injuries to star players. We played with a 50% Hurns, no Herb, Dorsett and Duke. As you can see we are not deep on either side of the ball and injuries to star players cripple this team. By the way, the staff was on vacation because it was the dead period and I read one of the staff members was quoted Al told him he was staying a couple of days ago.

i thought the same but apparently he wasnt because chad thomas said he was insuring him he was staying.

Chad Thomas didn't say that. He said they told him to focus on what he could control and everything would work out.

what does "everything will work out" mean? Hello. it means I will be hear and stop listening to the rumors.

The only people in limbo were the dumbasses on message boards all weekend jumping on every rumor the same dumbasses made up!

It was all a bad dream huh? There was no Penn St and Coach Golden.

Tim Reynolds@ByTimReynolds 3m So imagine this potential recruiting pitch from Al Golden: "I could have gone home, to my alma mater, my dream job. And I'm still at Miami."
Boom! Recruits can say he'll never leave and he's down for the U no matter what. Haters can hate but they cant deny that

He could've fought harder for the offer and said **** you to the recruits, the parents, the coaches, the fans, the AD, the President, the staff and the whole program............ yeah I can forgive him

You hold out a few more days until PSU decides................... Maybe try to come in for less money and no D to negotiate. Have you ever negotiated on anything in your life?

Advertisement
I think people need to step back and understand that he didn't leave for PSU because they will be a landfill in the next 2 years. He complained on lack of depth here, but that place is about to be upside down. O'Brien got it early in the process but after 3-4 years and no depth it will be a tough haul. AG doesn't have depth here because of players he kicked off the team and replaced, but at PSU you wont be able to replace with the loss of schollies.

Great post.

I dont post much, but time for me to say my piece. What a bunch of ****ing ******** on this site.

Golden's been here 3 years under an NCAA cloud that he didn't inherit. Year 1: 6-6, Year 2: 7-5, Year 3: 8-4. For those who suck at math, that's an improvement each year! And yet people are ready to bash the man for batting an eye to PSU. When your "dream job" comes calling, you at least listen. Can't fault the man for that. Obviously it didn't work out between them. As for who said "No," I don't know and I don't care!

It's no wonder coaches don't stick around for you **** fickle fans. D scheme sucked last year, but scheme is often fitted to the players on the roster. No D line to speak of = ****ty secondary. I'm sure Golden will address the D side of the ball and needs some big uglies to be able to blitz and play man.

How about you nut jobs support the coach and this team? If you need to **** and whine like a little ****, there's 121 D-1 teams you can go be a ****ty fan for.

Remember... it's all about the ****ING []__[]!

Last edited by a moderator:

Yes he did listen to their pitch but how do you know if he was using Penn St to get more money or insurance. Bottom line was he didn't make any statements that make him look like a liar like Saban did with the Dolphins. There was a lot of speculation the last couple of days and we may never know the truth. Most of the stories came from that clown Ferman. I'm not big on Al as a coach until he proves it on the field but the talent on defense isn't there right now and the offense suffered injuries to star players. We played with a 50% Hurns, no Herb, Dorsett and Duke. As you can see we are not deep on either side of the ball and injuries to star players cripple this team. By the way, the staff was on vacation because it was the dead period and I read one of the staff members was quoted Al told him he was staying a couple of days ago.

Ok. I don't know, but that's the main reason I am not going and calling him a class act. Perception is viewed as reality, and the perception is that he valued that job over this one. He didn't dismiss the rumors if that's all they were. Mora and Briles did.

Ok. I don't know, but that's the main reason I am not going and calling him a class act. Perception is viewed as reality, and the perception is that he didn't dismiss the rumors if that's all they were. Mora and Briles did.

Texas is the best job in CFB. Do you think if either of them were serious contenders for the job they wouldn't take it? Someone in Briles camp even said if he was offered the job he would take it. I'm just saying at least Al didn't start lying to everyone. He did listen to them but what did everyone expect that's his alma matter.

Advertisement

Not too many people jumped on Rumors, most, including me, were upset that they weren't dismissed before damage was done.

what does "everything will work out" mean? Hello. it means I will be hear and stop listening to the rumors.

So now you're speculating after misquoting Thomas. If Al Golden had told Chad Thomas he was staying, Chad Thomas of all people would've tweeted it out.

You hold out a few more days until PSU decides................... Maybe try to come in for less money and no D to negotiate. Have you ever negotiated on anything in your life?

That's fighting harder for an offer? How do you know he didn't do that and still got no offer?

Advertisement
Saw 8 pages of posts, was really hoping it would be more about recruits and less about **** that isn't important anymore.

That's fighting harder for an offer? How do you know he didn't do that and still got no offer?

Because they came in yesterday and I am reading reports that he said no that evening................... or even if he did it today thats 1 day not a few days. Wtf does it matter anyway?

Saw 8 pages of posts, was really hoping it would be more about recruits and less about **** that isn't important anymore.

Exactly, make it about how the kids are happy and how a coach stayed to a program and that the kids will benefit from it possibly but dumbasses cant stay on subject

Ok. I don't know, but that's the main reason I am not going and calling him a class act. Perception is viewed as reality, and the perception is that he didn't dismiss the rumors if that's all they were. Mora and Briles did.

Texas is the best job in CFB. Do you think if either of them were serious contenders for the job they wouldn't take it? Someone in Briles camp even said if he was offered the job he would take it. I'm just saying at least Al didn't start lying to everyone. He did listen to them but what did everyone expect that's his alma matter.

Wasn't it Al that said that this was a destination Job and he would be here for a long time and he was going to finish what he started. i could have sworn he said all these things.

Advertisement
Back