Recruiting the State of Florida (A missed opportunity by our coaching staff).

oows6v6q4che4fzqdzrl

NATIONAL
-
STATE
-
POSITION
MOUSSA
DIABATE

6'9" | 190 LBS | PF
DME ACADEMY
DAYTONA BEACH, FL
CLASS OF 2021
UNDECIDED

Why he was one of my best: I've always liked the way Diabate can run the floor, his size and his quickness and agility in the lane. I didn't love watching him settle for jumpers and playing 18-20 feet from the hoop during the high school season. He continued his spring trend of running the floor, getting on the glass and playing from inside out at NBPA and it was a successful mix for the big time 2021 prospect.
Recruitment: Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia Tech, Illinois, Miami, Oklahoma State and Pitt are among his earliest offers.

Advertisement

So Wesley Cardet and the Brewley twins (2023) will be playing together at Northeast. That should make it easier for Miami to recruit all 3 players.

Team Breakdown 8th grade twins Matthew and Ryan Bewley Class of 2023

A
have to see what he does against competition close to his measurements.there aren't too many 5&6 ft tall 8 thgraders.I mean no disrespect but I would start talking to him and watch his development of I were div1 head coach.

A
have to see what he does against competition close to his measurements.there aren't too many 5&6 ft tall 8 thgraders.I mean no disrespect but I would start talking to him and watch his development of I were div1 head coach.

You should watch them play travel basketball with Team Breakdown this July. They are worth an offer from Miami now. There are quite a few talented kids in the 2023 recruiting class from the state of Florida particularly in South Florida and the state of Miami.

Advertisement

Team Final is the Philadelphia based Travel team that Lonnie Walker and Jaquan Newton played with. It would be nice if the coaches had this type of relationships with the NightRydas, Team Breakdown, E1T1 and Game Elite.

That would help in-state recruiting tremendously.

Last edited:

Miami likes shooters and he is more athletic than DJ Vasiljevic. A better shooter and athlete than Anthony Mack.

You should watch them play travel basketball with Team Breakdown this July. They are worth an offer from Miami now. There are quite a few talented kids in the 2023 recruiting class from the state of Florida particularly in South Florida and the state of Miami.
I agree early bird always gets the worm.

Advertisement

I hope the coaches at Miami continue to build a good relationship with the NightRydas and other in-state travel basketball teams.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Really wish Miami would jump on these boys. They were coached in middle school by my buddy. Straight out of Sanford. Only thing I’ve notice it Coach Boobie aka former E1T1 coach/handler has his hands all over those boys. Looks like Nike schools only.

Ultimately, playing time and style of play will prevail. I have heard the E1T1 connection to Nike schools only but the Emmit Williams to LSU deal has not been a huge success. Miami overall needs to do a better job of getting involved earlier with in-state kids along with establishing a better relationship with the in-state travel teams.

You are correct, Miami should have been the first school to offer these kids. There are plenty of other kids on the 15U and 14U team with the NightRydas, Team Breakdown and other travel teams that will be high major kids.

Miami needs to stop being late to the party.

Also, anyone who truly believes Nike shoes make you play better basketball is lacking intelligence.

Advertisement
Back