Recruiting Recognition 10-3-13

Statements are contradictory, could someone define what a committable offer is opposed to an offer?

Advertisement
Once BK's offer turns commitable from UCLA, he is gone.

LULZ

Lulz all you want but UCLA is a real threat. Believe that.

Of course they're a threat. What's laughable is your "commitable" comment and your attempt to position yourself as someone who knows what's going to happen.

And you know? UCLA is still in the stages of evaluating him, that I know

Great post, a few comments and questions?

1. Can we get an actual update or stats with Radio Rhyheem?

2. Chad Thomas Stats (not sure how accurate): 18 Tackles, 1 Sack, 2 TFL
http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/chad-thomas/3VYw_vTyEeKZ5AAmVebBJg/gendersport/football-stats.htm

3. Are we recruiting Chad Mavety? JUCO OL.

4. These EEs: JESUS MARTINEZ

Confirmed: Kc McDermott, Darrion Owens, Brandon Powell, & Ryheem Lockley

Potential EEs - Juwon Young, Brad Kaaya, Joseph Yearby, Derrick Griffin, Nigel Bethel, Trevor Darling, & Dalvon Stuckey

Targets looking to EE - Johnnie Dixon, Dalvin Cook, & Braxton Berrios

Golden has said himself that griffin could grow into a jimmy graham type guy and he is. When ag said he was going to play wr he was about 220 and now griffin said he is 230. He is working out on his own and he is not elgible to play bball this year. Jimmy graham when he left miami was 6'6-6'7 245 and ran in the 4.5s at the combine and griffin is 6'6-6'7 230 with a 40 in the 4.5s and he is only a frosh. For those bringing up calvin johnson the dude ran a 4.35 or 4.38 at the combine so griffin aint in his league.

Golden has said himself that griffin could grow into a jimmy graham type guy and he is. When ag said he was going to play wr he was about 220 and now griffin said he is 230. He is working out on his own and he is not elgible to play bball this year. Jimmy graham when he left miami was 6'6-6'7 245 and ran in the 4.5s at the combine and griffin is 6'6-6'7 230 with a 40 in the 4.5s and he is only a frosh. For those bringing up calvin johnson the dude ran a 4.35 or 4.38 at the combine so griffin aint in his league.

There are arguably zero players in Calvin's league. That doesn't mean Griffin can't be a **** good receiver, given his size.

Advertisement
252, thanks. as you noted, he or someone stated he won't be playing bball, which is why I said he will be going thru fb drills all winter/spring and summer. again, most of those guys LEFT college after 4 years at 240. guys who arrive at 230 and are 240 after one year don't usually stay at wr. I know someone will throw out the one exception in the last 20 years. if you can think of someone who ARRIVED as a 230lb wr and left playing wr, let me know. my odds are on a TE/hback, etc.

Last edited:
IF, and I say IF, griffin is 225 or 230 upon arrival, he will not be a wr here. We don't have wrs leave here after 4 years at 230. He would easily be 240 in 7 months thru our winter and spring and summer program. Not a wr here. There aren't many wrs leaving college for the pros after 4 years at 240. C'mon. Picture jimmy graham hback or te.

He's a freak of nature athlete. Who says he can't play WR at 6'6" 235-240?

I don't like him at TE because he's never blocked anyone. Our TEs have to be very good blockers, and it would take him a couple years to get to that point. I love him as a Mike Evans type WR. Giant body and a major mismatch out there. He's no heavier than Evans, and he's probably taller.

Statements are contradictory, could someone define what a committable offer is opposed to an offer?

There's no such thing in real life as an uncommitable offer. It's either an offer, or it's not. An uncommitable offer is merely a school showing interest and telling a guy that they might offer if some things break in certain ways. The Kaayas seem to have been pretty clear that UCLA gave Brad an offer.

Once BK's offer turns commitable from UCLA, he is gone.

LULZ

Lulz all you want but UCLA is a real threat. Believe that.

Of course they're a threat. What's laughable is your "commitable" comment and your attempt to position yourself as someone who knows what's going to happen.

And you know? UCLA is still in the stages of evaluating him, that I know

I know what the Kaayas and Kaaya's HS corch said. They said he has an offer. So some dude in New Jersey knows better than the Kaayas and Brad's HS corch? Come on, man.

Advertisement

There are arguably zero players in Calvin's league. That doesn't mean Griffin can't be a **** good receiver, given his size.

Exactly. Just because he doesn't have the speed of one of the greatest WRs to ever play the game doesn't mean he can't be a great college WR.

290.gif

Now that's what I call an update! Mad Props!

franchise, I have no clue and i'm just asking, does jimmy graham do a lot of blocking at NO? i'm just curious if they can use him just as an hback or pass catching TE, until he learns the blocking. and if jimmy is blocking, he certainly had to learn it very quickly.
I just don't see a kid who could feasibly be 240-250 as a soph playing wr. we've never had it and really neither has college football.

IF, and I say IF, griffin is 225 or 230 upon arrival, he will not be a wr here. We don't have wrs leave here after 4 years at 230. He would easily be 240 in 7 months thru our winter and spring and summer program. Not a wr here. There aren't many wrs leaving college for the pros after 4 years at 240. C'mon. Picture jimmy graham hback or te.

He's a freak of nature athlete. Who says he can't play WR at 6'6" 235-240?

I don't like him at TE because he's never blocked anyone. Our TEs have to be very good blockers, and it would take him a couple years to get to that point. I love him as a Mike Evans type WR. Giant body and a major mismatch out there. He's no heavier than Evans, and he's probably taller.

Agree.

Don't know why this is so hard for some porsters to understand. Not saying this cat won't ever be at TE (assuming he is ever in a football uniform again) but I think the assumption should be he starts at wideout. He runs really well. Just saying he will be at TE because of size assumes too much. I have hard time seeing him blocking SAM linebackers.

Advertisement

There's no such thing in real life as an uncommitable offer. It's either an offer, or it's not. An uncommitable offer is merely a school showing interest and telling a guy that they might offer if some things break in certain ways. The Kaayas seem to have been pretty clear that UCLA gave Brad an offer.

yea and the kaayas do not seem like the type of people to go around issuing statements and tweets commenting on a non offer or whatever this new name they are using today.

Jimmy doesn't block much espn showed that he has actually play more flexed out than te. Beau wasn't a good blocker when he came in and he was not blocking in juco because his team were a spread. And mike evans is a RSsoph and is 225 and griffin is working out on his own getting bigger for a reason he was 220 back in the spring and is 230 now and he will play pf in bball so the size and strenth will help.Benjamin at fsu was 245 and had to lose weight and he is at 225-230 now as a jr.

Jimmy doesn't block much espn showed that he has actually play more flexed out than te. Beau wasn't a good blocker when he came in and he was not blocking in juco because his team were a spread. And mike evans is a RSsoph and is 225 and griffin is working out on his own getting bigger for a reason he was 220 back in the spring and is 230 now and he will play pf in bball so the size and strenth will help.Benjamin at fsu was 245 and had to lose weight and he is at 225-230 now as a jr.

Going way off topic here but I don't think this kid is coming to rebound and set screens as a power forward. SF/SG all the way in my opinion. Kid is looking to score.

Advertisement

Exactly. Just because he doesn't have the speed of one of the greatest WRs to ever play the game doesn't mean he can't be a great college WR.

I keep saying Mike Williams from SC last decade. Maybe he won't be fast enough for the NFL to play WR, maybe, but he is still fast enough and athletic enough to rape and pillage Div 1. Another name K Bemjamin from FSU.

Guess it is as simple as the words suggest offer/acceptance/nsd commitment, yes?

franchise, I have no clue and i'm just asking, does jimmy graham do a lot of blocking at NO? i'm just curious if they can use him just as an hback or pass catching TE, until he learns the blocking. and if jimmy is blocking, he certainly had to learn it very quickly.
I just don't see a kid who could feasibly be 240-250 as a soph playing wr. we've never had it and really neither has college football.

Graham probably doesn't do a lot of blocking, and I'm sure we could invent a role for Griffin where he doesn't do much either. But then that wouldn't make him a true TE in our offense because our TEs do a lot of blocking.

I'm not sure Griffin is 230 right now, but even if he is he's a very tall dude. 230 on that frame wouldn't disqualify him from splitting out wide. It's all about his fluidity and athleticism. Without seeing a ton of him, I can't comment too specifically on either. But he's a great basketball player, and that usually signals a guy who is athletic. He's not a guy who just stands outside the arc launching 3s. This dude is an athlete.

In the end, I don't know where he'll wind up, but I'd like to see him get at shot at WR because I think he can do more damage there and do it quicker than having to bulk up and learn to block and play TE.

Advertisement
Back