Recruiting lows?

I'm with that. I think it is a bigger advantage for evaluating a lot of these kids than it is versus recruiting them, because some of them just aren't loyal to the U anyway.

We did also allowed the SEC to unfortunately set up shop in here to a sad degree over the last 4-5 staffs. Not sure we will ever 100% reclaim the recruiting edge, and even the evaluation edge is getting eroded with technology developing the way it is.
Could not agree more, and I think if Manny can win (11-2 this season type win) he has what it takes to get that edge back to some extent. We can't have South Florida HS Legends like Sony Michel wearing a Georgia uniform, we have to start keeping some of them home more regularly.

Advertisement
Based on your definition of best for recruiting I'd say Louisiana is the best. LSU gets everyone they want in that state & still has other fertile recruiting areas/states nearby. They're living on easy mode over there.

That's a good choice. They basically get the best of the state. Last season they fell on their face and still got 8 of the top 15 kids in the state per 247. And went 6/6 with the top 6 in the state.

Helps that they bag them up with the best of them, too.

shocked chicken little GIF

Advertisement
Could not agree more, and I think if Manny can win (11-2 this season type win) he has what it takes to get that edge back to some extent. We can't have South Florida HS Legends like Sony Michel wearing a Georgia uniform, we have to start keeping some of them home more regularly.
Your naming s.fla legends that got a bag though we arent able to stop that...other than dropping our own...OR....Landing classes like last years class and turning it around in the win column..which would lead to some kids wanting to jump in the boat.

Your naming s.fla legends that got a bag though we arent able to stop that...other than dropping our own
Whatever it takes man, drop them mofos.... these SoFla guys going to the NFL from schools other than Miami in droves has got to stop. I don't know how or what it takes to do it, but that is key in us returning to greatness IMO

Only thing I keep in mind is we’ve been a pretty mediocre team for a long time and have still managed to recruit well (relatively speaking)

we should have a good season this year so it will work itself out

Advertisement
I am *****ing about SoFl DE's abandoning the hometown team. Would like to see the Arizona DT CB to us as well. The top SoFl WR leaving again. Guess the homeboy Cuban connection at Tackle not enough either.

This won't make you feel much better:

After a 6 win season, Diazs staff landed the #16 class, then after an 8 win season, they kept the #11 class together. Of course, the work for a class is done a couple years before, but you would have to be some kind of brain damaged to think that a much improved staff from two years ago (both in terms of talent and recruiting) suddenly forgot how to recruit.

Diaz publicly stated his recruiting philosophy when he took over the HC job: "If they're looking, we're looking." It's not that difficult to understand. What is the point in taking a commit from a recruit that says "this is the best decision FOR NOW, but I'm still taking visits." Not only is it embarrassing to a coach, but also counterproductive because other targeted recruits will now think the staff is just offering them as backup plans in case the primary bails. We've covered this a zillion times: other schools can play those games, but kids in SFl will **** on UM for doing it and then this site will get clogged with ****** who whine that the staff is incompetent and burning bridges. Diaz isn't taking commitments until it's clear the kid has decided not to take more visits. Everyone knows that FSU class is going to fall apart so why would anyone look at that class and say, "wow, they have so many more future decommits than us right now. Let's be more like fsu."

After a 6 win season, Diazs staff landed the #16 class, then after an 8 win season, they kept the #11 class together. Of course, the work for a class is done a couple years before, but you would have to be some kind of brain damaged to think that a much improved staff from two years ago (both in terms of talent and recruiting) suddenly forgot how to recruit.

Diaz publicly stated his recruiting philosophy when he took over the HC job: "If they're looking, we're looking." It's not that difficult to understand. What is the point in taking a commit from a recruit that says "this is the best decision FOR NOW, but I'm still taking visits." Not only is it embarrassing to a coach, but also counterproductive because other targeted recruits will now think the staff is just offering them as backup plans in case the primary bails. We've covered this a zillion times: other schools can play those games, but kids in SFl will **** on UM for doing it and then this site will get clogged with ****** who whine that the staff is incompetent and burning bridges. Diaz isn't taking commitments until it's clear the kid has decided not to take more visits. Everyone knows that FSU class is going to fall apart so why would anyone look at that class and say, "wow, they have so many more future decommits than us right now. Let's be more like fsu."
You ever see the classes Randy Shannon signed??? He routinely signed Top 10 classes, including #1 OVERALL in 2008. So let's not beat our chest too much about Manny's #16 and #11 classes at Miami.

Look man that all sounds great what you typed about those 2 classes (not really, sounded like Manny's Mom typed it up) BUT so did the 2012, 2013, 2014, 2017, 2018 classes, they were all Top 15 (off the top of my head), it's Miami, it's not hard, the talent surrounds you.

So if you wanna suck Manny's dik for #11 and #16, swallow away my man, I want more (no homo), and to get more he has to win the ACCC at least once in a while and 10plus games year in and year out. He does that and he can keep the SEC/Ohio St/Clemson types away from the players in our area that are NC winning caliber. He doesn't we keep getting housed by Top 25 teams year in and year out.

Last edited:
Advertisement
You ever see the classes Randy Shannon signed???

/uhohhhhhhhhh

Yeah he signed the #1 class in 2007 and it turned out to be absolutely terrible. Are you trying to make my point? Let's say Miami had the #1 class right now, would you be getting a recruiting chubby over that or saying, "It doesn't really matter what the class ranking is at the moment who is currently committed until we see that Diazs staff knows how to evaluate players."

Yeah he signed the #1 class in 2007 and it turned out to be absolutely terrible. Are you trying to make my point? Let's say Miami had the #1 class right now, would you be getting a recruiting chubby over that or saying, "It doesn't really matter what the class ranking is at the moment who is currently committed until we see that Diazs staff knows how to evaluate players."
read my edit, I expanded upon it for you TB

2008 was the #1 class, not 2007, they were like 13, just an average Miami class..... thus my point

Last edited:
Advertisement
read my edit, I expanded upon it for you Ace

2008 was the #1 class, not 2007, they were like 13, just an average Miami class..... thus my point

You have no point except proving that you can use Google better than me. 2007 / 2008 who gives a ****. Then the 2008 class was #1 and it was mostly misses. So there is no point in being overly concerned or overly elated by a class ranking right now. I'd rather be us right now and waiting on the right recruits to decide than being used as leverage by recruits who will bail as soon as they get an offer to their desired school. And as for the rest of what you wrote, I didn't finish reading as I was distracted by your stated desire to swallow more Diaz ****.

"swallow away my man, I want more"

You have no point except proving that you can use Google better than me. 2007 / 2008 who gives a ****. Then the 2008 class was #1 and it was mostly misses. And as for the rest of what you wrote, I didn't finish reading as I was distracted by your stated desire to swallow more Diaz ****.

"swallow away my man, I want more"
I just proved that getting the #11 and #16 classes at Miami are no big feat, yet here you are beating your chest over it Mrs Diaz.

You are actually missing my entire point I am making, but whatever. WIN SOME BIG GAMES (UNC-Clemson-OSU-make the ACCCG) types from last year for example and even better classes will come. Those classes you brag about are just normal here, there are better to be had.

This is his chance, creampuff schedule where more than 3 losses is unacceptable, make it happen.

Good stuff DTP, you think we get a top 10 class?
Unlikely. I think they’re still trying to bring in a few more transfers so that will cut down the total number of incoming freshmen. If we finish around 15, I’d be cool.

Advertisement
Back