Recruiting lows?

How do you know we only have one commit?

How certain are you that every other program will sign every one of the "commitments" they have now?

I swear half this board has never paid any attention to college football.
Yeah, we probably got a bunch of silents and no one else does.... great point buddy. Riveting stuff.

Advertisement
Yeah, we probably got a bunch of silents and no one else does.... great point buddy. Riveting stuff.
BA5A79A8-6B5F-465A-9181-3C973A0C8BAF.gif

I’m not going to lie - I’m a little concerned. Not freaking out yet bc it’s not June/July but concerned. I’ve been around a long time and usually don’t sweat it much until summer.

It’s not just the one commit that has me concerned. It’s the fact that commit is a QB, which usually prompts other high level offensive interest if he’s respected by other recruits, and the fact many heavy hitters on D seem to be looking elsewhere. Many of the guys we offered seemingly have low interest, even after seeing 2 guys go 1st round in the draft. Maybe it’s the hangover of the UNC debacle or maybe it’s newness of the defensive staff and kids needing time to get acquainted but that staff is supposed to be A-list recruiters with prior contacts so I did expect more buzz than what I’ve seen thus far.
Wins and draft picks don’t matter. Kids want to get paid. Not 1 DE we are recruiting gives a **** about us sending 2 in the first and 3 overall DEs.

it’s also an uphill battle. Did we really develop this guys? All 3 guys played a combined 3 years here. 2 were transfers. Schools are negatively recruiting and using that angle.

Wins and draft picks don’t matter. Kids want to get paid. Not 1 DE we are recruiting gives a **** about us sending 2 in the first and 3 overall DEs.

it’s also an uphill battle. Did we really develop this guys? All 3 guys played a combined 3 years here. 2 were transfers. Schools are negatively recruiting and using that angle.
To be fair Bama had no DEs NFL ready and they did have 6 first round picks. Now bags matter, for sure, but playing for championships and getting drafted to the NFL do too, no way they don't.
If we gotta drop bags then drop em, if we gotta win, then win....whatever it takes to at least win the putrid ACC Coastal more times than Duke

Last edited:
Advertisement
I couldn't help but laugh, like IF we do have more recruits we are the only ones holding back and tricking them all saying we just have 1. Meanwhile the teams with 10 plus , those dummies are out their showing their entire hands, they have ZERO silents.

My man here has it all figured out.... who knew???
I don’t know what we have. If we don’t have some commits after the BBQ then I’d say we might have some problems if our targets are committing elsewhere.

I’m curious as to what our board looks like in terms of who’s on it and where. I’m interested to know if a lot of our realistic top targets are still uncommitted.

I don’t know what we have. If we don’t have some commits after the BBQ then I’d say we might have some problems if our targets are committing elsewhere.

I’m curious as to what our board looks like in terms of who’s on it and where. I’m curious if a lot of our realistic top targets are still uncommitted.
I am too, but half the Top 50 players are already committed in some form to other schools. Like I have said 20 times I am not panicking, but I do have a level of slight concern. By all regards this staff should be recruiting machines so let's see what they can do, we can judge it after signing day.

I am too, but half the Top 50 players are already committed in some form to other schools. Like I have said 20 times I am not panicking, but I do have a level of slight concern. By all regards this staff should be recruiting machines so let's see what they can do, we can judge it after signing day.
I don’t think we’re getting these top 50 types really. Maybe 1 or 2 is possible if Blissainthe is in it and possibly another we’ll be in it for at DB or DE. Seems like it’s going to be a small class and a lot of transfers.

It could still work out ok. For the longest time we’d strike out on the A kids and already blew off B kids and were scraping for C kids. Maybe we’re pressing the B to B+ kids from the start???

I don’t know man. Not sure what the plan is but I think it’ll start to flush through after these big visit weekends.

I don’t think we’re getting these top 50 types really. Maybe 1 or 2 is possible if Blissainthe is in it and possibly another we’ll be in it for at DB or DE. Seems like it’s going to be a small class and a lot of transfers.

It could still work out ok. For the longest time we’d strike out on the A kids and already blew off B kids and were scraping for C kids. Maybe we’re pressing the B to B+ kids from the start???

I don’t know man. Not sure what the plan is but o think it’ll start to flush through after these big visit weekends.
That sounds fair, good stuff. Now obviously it would be preferable if we got a few Top 50 kids and I personally think we should every year....but your post makes sense, and takes an angle I had not really thought about. Thanks.

Advertisement
Ok, hold on: are we talking recruitment or player development? my post referred to recruitment!!!
Defensive recruiting has been a been a pile of **** under Manny the DC which is jammin' up Manny the HC.

Under his Many's watch Rumph and Patke should have never been allowed to continue stinking' up the recruiting trail for so long and LOL at CIS posters throwing Manny a ticker tape parade for finally doing his FUQIN JOB to help recruit 2 defensive 5* players

I personally think location is a HUGE advantage, but the SEC built a pipeline to take a lot of our elite players. The first/next coach to lock that down will be the next coach to be a consistent winner at Miami.

So yeah, I consider it a big advantage, but I probably give it too much credit in todays age and the state of the program the past 20 or so years has not helped. That's kind of my point.
The solution seems obvious: that pipeline needs to be destroyed. The question is how to do that.

The solution seems obvious: that pipeline needs to be destroyed. The question is how to do that.
I dunno, but for the millions the staff gets paid I would like them to figure out please. My opinion #1 is winning, playing for conference titles and national championships, followed by sending players to the L as high draft picks and then the bag game. Thats just my take.

I don’t know man. Not sure what the plan is but I think it’ll start to flush through after these big visit weekends.
Agree with this, other than don’t know what small means or if it will be small. Assume 20-21 signees. If ICs are opened up, maybe a few more.

CB - 3
S - 1-2
Str - 1
LB - 2
DE - 3
DT - 2
OL - 3-4
TE - 1
WR - 2-3
RB - 0-1
QB - 1 (Brown)
ST - do we tale a punter?

Advertisement
Agree with this, other than don’t know what small means or if it will be small. Assume 20-21 signees. If ICs are opened up, maybe a few more.

CB - 3
S - 1-2
Str - 1
LB - 2
DE - 3
DT - 2
OL - 3-4
TE - 1
WR - 2-3
RB - 0-1
QB - 1 (Brown)
I’m thinking like 18 or so. It could be more if the commits are there.

CB - 3
S - 1-2
Str - 1
LB - 2
DE - 3
DT - 2
OL - 3-4
TE - 1
WR - 2-3
RB - 0-1
QB - 1 (Brown)
Do you also think we miss on the Top 50 types?

Advertisement
I’m thinking like 18 or so. It could be more if the commits are there.
I agree with you it will be closer to 18 than 21.Expect Diaz to pickup 3 portal guys prior to the start of the season and then leave another 2 or 3 spots for more portal guys for nsd.

Advertisement
Back