Recruiting lows?

Advertisement
Quality over quantity this cycle. I’d like to see an average player ranking > .92 this cycle
That would be nice, them are Bama/Clemson type Avg Rankings. I do agree that is the #1 indicator of a class's value, not overall ranking but average ranking. The big boys pull in 93-94-95 types overall.

So what’s the bar for commitments? 2-3 more guys by mid June and another 3-4 by mid July? That would put us at 6-8 commits. Obviously the guys that commit matter, too. Anything less than these numbers would be reason for concern in my mind.
I don't think you can answer in the abstract. It really depends on whether the guys we're targeting are uncommitted or committing elsewhere. If we're slow on commitments but our guys remain in play, that's one scenario. Some risk but not necessarily bad. If we're slow on commitments and the guys we want are committing elsewhere, that's call the bullpen type stuff.

Advertisement
I think it’s more likely the coaches. Kids don’t care they’ll commit to hold a spot and then bolt for greener pastures. Coaches haven’t even seen this class in person since 2019, when they were sophomores. It’s more likely that coaches are not rushing to have kids commit knowing that the summer will be full of visits nationwide, IMO.
That's what makes for good discussions. IMO kids are smarter than that. They commit to hold a spot sometimes, but none have to do that right now. They know there will be visits and mcdonald's bags of dough and what not this summer. Ain't no need to commit in May.

You ever see the classes Randy Shannon signed??? He routinely signed Top 10 classes, including #1 OVERALL in 2008. So let's not beat our chest too much about Manny's #16 and #11 classes at Miami.

Look man that all sounds great what you typed about those 2 classes (not really, sounded like Manny's Mom typed it up) BUT so did the 2012, 2013, 2014, 2017, 2018 classes, they were all Top 15 (off the top of my head), it's Miami, it's not hard, the talent surrounds you.

So if you wanna suck Manny's dik for #11 and #16, swallow away my man, I want more (no homo), and to get more he has to win the ACCC at least once in a while and 10plus games year in and year out. He does that and he can keep the SEC/Ohio St/Clemson types away from the players in our area that are NC winning caliber. He doesn't we keep getting housed by Top 25 teams year in and year out.
2008 was overly inflated because there were 32 in the class. That fact always seems to be overlooked.

2008 was overly inflated because there were 32 in the class. That fact always seems to be overlooked.
It was big, but there were some elite recruits ratings wise. It wasn't 32 3 stars. It had 3 5 stars and 10 of the top 100 overall, I don't care if you sign 50 thats **** good.

Last edited:
It was big, but there were some elite recruits ratings wise. It wasn't 32 3 stars. It had 3 5 stars and 10 of the top 100 overall, I don't care if you sign 50 thats **** good.
No doubt it had a few elites but without those extra 7 or so, no way it’s #1. Probably still top 10.

Advertisement
No doubt it had a few elites but without those extra 7 or so, no way it’s #1. Probably still top 10.
They took some lower rated guys cause they the has the #s for sure. If you wanna chuckle go read the list. A few of the names I had definitely forgotten

Last edited:
They took some lower rated guys cause they the has the #s for sure. If you wanna chuckle go read the list. A few of the names I had definitely forgotten
Already went back and looked at it. I always try and fact check myself so I don’t look like a doofus when I post something. Lol. Looked at some of the other classes as well and man, did that bring back some memories - good and bad.

I know still is very early in this recruiting cycle plus the NCAA dead period extension didn't help; but are seasoned recruiting contributors concerns about the lack of news in the Miami recruiting trail? Currently, we have one verbal commitment and no noise on anybody. The only recruit we heard about was Isiah Bond and he just gave verbal to gayturds. When compared nationally and against our main competitors, it seem we are being left behind or there is no that much noise about um recruiting.

maybe this is the way it looks to an outsider like me but I thought with the addition of T rob and the Ishmael Aristide to the coaching staff that there would be more excitement or more noise in recruiting process.

I know it was posted in a different thread but its worthwhile mentioning as a comparison: FSU is building a nice class ( i was very surprised they got a verbal from AJ Duff) if they all stick or not it remains to be seen but until they don't we have to go by what the current class is. Also, some of the 2022 mock recruiting classes don't look like a class that will get us closer to acc championship much less a natty

Are any of the contributor with inside knowledge in miami recruiting have the same concerns or its a matter time until we can start having camps, 7's on 7', paradise camp etc?

off seasons blues!!!
GO CANES!!!
The positive is aren’t waiting to see who will drop & when.

That's what makes for good discussions. IMO kids are smarter than that. They commit to hold a spot sometimes, but none have to do that right now. They know there will be visits and mcdonald's bags of dough and what not this summer. Ain't no need to commit in May.
The money will be there regardless though. We see that every year

Advertisement
Your naming s.fla legends that got a bag though we arent able to stop that...other than dropping our own...OR....Landing classes like last years class and turning it around in the win column..which would lead to some kids wanting to jump in the boat.
To me this is the problem.....if the assumption is that we can't or won't pay anyone, then we have to win big so that kids just come here cause they have an outsized shot of getting to the NFL and of winning. But you can't do that without a badass coach. So we aren't doing either of the two cause this one ***** the bed on every big game. So you are screwed either way. Either spend legitimately on coaching or spend on the side.

Totally makes sense this staff landed two five stars last year, upgraded its recruiters and now has no idea how to recruit.

The Sky Is Falling Reaction GIF

Last edited:
Advertisement
Nah - rumor has it we are going all portal this year! Got our QB and el jefe going portal with the rest

I’m not going to lie - I’m a little concerned. Not freaking out yet bc it’s not June/July but concerned. I’ve been around a long time and usually don’t sweat it much until summer.

It’s not just the one commit that has me concerned. It’s the fact that commit is a QB, which usually prompts other high level offensive interest if he’s respected by other recruits, and the fact many heavy hitters on D seem to be looking elsewhere. Many of the guys we offered seemingly have low interest, even after seeing 2 guys go 1st round in the draft. Maybe it’s the hangover of the UNC debacle or maybe it’s newness of the defensive staff and kids needing time to get acquainted but that staff is supposed to be A-list recruiters with prior contacts so I did expect more buzz than what I’ve seen thus far.

You ever see the classes Randy Shannon signed??? He routinely signed Top 10 classes, including #1 OVERALL in 2008. So let's not beat our chest too much about Manny's #16 and #11 classes at Miami.

Look man that all sounds great what you typed about those 2 classes (not really, sounded like Manny's Mom typed it up) BUT so did the 2012, 2013, 2014, 2017, 2018 classes, they were all Top 15 (off the top of my head), it's Miami, it's not hard, the talent surrounds you.

So if you wanna suck Manny's dik for #11 and #16, swallow away my man, I want more (no homo), and to get more he has to win the ACCC at least once in a while and 10plus games year in and year out. He does that and he can keep the SEC/Ohio St/Clemson types away from the players in our area that are NC winning caliber. He doesn't we keep getting housed by Top 25 teams year in and year out.
That 08 class had no business near #1....waayyy too Top heavy at LBer...Bama actually had the best class by far...

That 08 class had no business near #1....waayyy too Top heavy at LBer...Bama actually had the best class by far...

We already discussed that here....it was #1 off shear volume, I agree it was not really the overall #1...... but any class with 3 5 stars and 10 Top 100s is pretty **** good on paper, no matter how you slice it

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back