Recruiting lows?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Man, we can’t have it both ways. We were complaining about getting all these place holder commits back in the day, only to be Decommit U. Two things that’s not working in our favor this yr as oppose to last yr.

1. Honeymoon period is over w/ Manny’s tenure as HC; so the benefit of the doubt is no longer in play for recruits

2. Visits r back open

It’s best we get these kids face to face to see who’s real & who’s not. UF getting Bond w/ no visits is fishy & a set up for a decommit if this kid sees a campus he likes or UF have a bad season. I’m not mad at the strategy. Once June 1st hit, then let’s rock & see what’s what. Gotta do our part in making good on the dreams being sold.

????? care to expand? current HC has had success especially right after Richt left and the class was in limbo and last year was solid soooooo???
Define success.......because the LB room is unmitigated trash due to Manny being the DC/LB coach while Richt was the HC, matter of fact Al Golden's Lb Pickeny, Shaq and now converted to DE have ALL has regress under Mandy

Define success.......because the LB room is unmitigated trash due to Manny being the DC/LB coach while Richt was the HC, matter of fact Al Golden's Lb Pickeny, Shaq and now converted to DE have ALL has regress under Mandy
Ok, hold on: are we talking recruitment or player development? my post referred to recruitment!!!

Advertisement
Raise your hand if you thought, on May 10th 2020, that today we'd be anticipating Leonard Taylor and James Williams enrolling here.

Both my hands are sure as **** down right now.

R-E-L-A-X
Really? I thought so even when JW was flirting with SEC schools. We missed on so many Heritage players in recent years past he had to have the full court press on him.

Now we need to get some more of the SoFla 5 stars this class, right now we are trailing...... but we have time and with a good season on the field a location advantage as well

Last edited:
Advertisement
I think he is saying the LBers Diaz has recruited have also failed.
yeah, I know but my point is that at the team a recruiting class is signed we don't know who will succeed or fail so my posy is just about recruitment no what player do or don't do once the come into the program. Plus, i don't agreed with him shaq & pick were good LBers acc all Americans.

yeah, I know but my point is that at the team a recruiting class is signed we don't know who will succeed or fail so my posy is just about recruitment no what player do or don't do once the come into the program. Plus, i don't agreed with him shaq & pick were good LBers acc all Americans.
Right and again I think he is saying he has failed at LB recruiting and development BOTH and the only decent lbers on the roster while Diaz was DC were not recruited by Diaz, or at least that is my take on his statement.

Which of these kids to we expect to wear a Canes jersey in college:

PlayerPosHt / WtRatingTeam

Shemar StewartMonsignor Pace (Opa Locka, FL)
    SDE
    6-5 / 260
    7 1 1
    LSU
    100%

Jaheim SingletaryRobert E. Lee (Jacksonville, FL)
    CB
    6-1 / 170
    13 5 2
    Ohio State

Gabriel Brownlow-DindyLakeland (Lakeland, FL)
    DT
    6-3 / 275
    16 3 3
    Oklahoma
    100%

Keon SabbIMG Academy (Bradenton, FL)
    ATH
    6-2 / 200
    19 1 4
    N/A

Kamari WilsonIMG Academy (Fort Pierce, FL)
    S
    6-1 / 195
    24 1 5
    Georgia
    100%

Sam McCallLake Gibson (Lakeland, FL)
    ATH
    6-0 / 180
    32 4 6
    Florida State

Daylen EveretteIMG Academy (Bradenton, FL)
    CB
    6-1 / 185
    38 7 7
    N/A

Tyler BookerIMG Academy (Bradenton, FL)
    OT
    6-5 / 325
    40 5 8
    Florida
    100%

Marvin Jones Jr.American Heritage (Fort Lauderdale, FL)
    SDE
    6-4 / 245
    62 4 9
    N/A

AJ DuffyIMG Academy (Bradenton, FL)
    PRO
    6-2 / 203
    76 6 10
    Florida State

Kenyatta JacksonChaminade-Madonna Prep (Hollywood, FL)
    WDE
    6-5 / 231
    78 5 11
    Ohio State
    50%
    Clemson
    50%

Azareyeh ThomasNiceville (Niceville, FL)
    ATH
    6-2 / 180
    96 8 12
    N/A

Earl Little Jr.American Heritage (Fort Lauderdale, FL)
    CB
    6-0 / 175
    102 12 13
    LSU
    57%
    Alabama
    29%

Advertisement
Really? I thought so even when JW was flirting with SEC schools. We missed on so many Heritage players in recent years past he had to have the full court press on him.

Now we need to get some more of the SoFla 5 stars this class, right now we are trailing...... but we have time and with a good season on the field a location advantage as well

So in February of last year when James announced his Top 3 was Bama, Clemson, and UGA, you paid that zero mind and were fully confident he'd be a Hurricane? Come on, man. Let's get real.

Agree though on the trailing...but again, it's way early and this is a super weird cycle with Covid. There has also been a major emphasis on strategy this cycle by Manny. He is not pushing for early commitments at all. If a kid wants in, they'll take him, but they're not telling kids they have to commit to have spots. They're pushing this much later, which is fine, if at the end of the day the kids sign on the line which is dotted.

LONG way to go, lot of games to be played, lot of visits to be taken. Clemson has four (4) commits right now. One in the Top 150 overall. Let's see how it goes over the summer and into the fall.

So in February of last year when James announced his Top 3 was Bama, Clemson, and UGA, you paid that zero mind and were fully confident he'd be a Hurricane? Come on, man. Let's get real.

Agree though on the trailing...but again, it's way early and this is a super weird cycle with Covid. There has also been a major emphasis on strategy this cycle by Manny. He is not pushing for early commitments at all. If a kid wants in, they'll take him, but they're not telling kids they have to commit to have spots. They're pushing this much later, which is fine, if at the end of the day the kids sign on the line which is dotted.

LONG way to go, lot of games to be played, lot of visits to be taken. Clemson has four (4) commits right now. One in the Top 150 overall. Let's see how it goes over the summer and into the fall.
You think we land any Florida 5 stars (or any at all) this cycle? I know it's early and we are all just guessing really but I'll ask anyhow

Advertisement
Back