Recruiting Chatter: Barry Jackson

Griffin is the forgotten man here. I really hope he TCBs and get back here fast. Forget about Rudolph. Unless I hear it from his own mouth that we are in it I have crossed him off my list. Dixon scares me. I think he sees that there is an opportunity for him at ALA to go in and shine seeing that they havent inked a top WR yet. Although I like the fact that he and Kaayas mom have hit it off. That goes ALONG way believe it or not. Berrios I think is in. Brady IMO is in. The only hanging fruit IMO is Ermon Lane. I havent yet given up on him.

Advertisement
I do the same as everyone else has in this thread, but we continuously don't name Derrick Griffin when talking about WRs for this upcoming class.

He should be out of prep school in December and enrolling at Miami.

I still am leery of counting on him but I think that's more my own hang-ups than anything. I don't want to get too excited about him until he is actually with the team because he has such a huge upside. As we saw with AJL, kids go to Prep school and all sorts of things can happen.

I do the same as everyone else has in this thread, but we continuously don't name Derrick Griffin when talking about WRs for this upcoming class.

I still am leery of counting on him but I think that's more my own hang-ups than anything. I don't want to get too excited about him until he is actually with the team because he has such a huge upside. As we saw with AJL, kids go to Prep school and all sorts of things can happen.

The one point to remember with him is that he is basketball also. If he enrolls in December, he can play this season. He has a short term goal and finish line.

Advertisement
I'm not very confident Griffin will end up here. The percentage of kids that go prep and actually make it back to UM has to be really low. Something always seems to go wrong.

Has it been verified that he's in prep school? I read somewhere that that was actually in question. Can we get Pete or someone to verify? Thanks.

Yes, he's in prep school

That's good to hear. As someone else mentioned, there's a rumor floating around that he left. Is he playing football? What's the name of the school again?

With Griffin coming in December, I would still take 4 WR in this class (especially now that one left Carter and one more will leave Hurns) with Langham being one of them.

I feel good about Berrios and Dixon, but the key piece is Rudolph.

Im very interested to see Griffin next season. Team him up with Langham. That is a lot of height on the outside.

If we can get three years of Griffin and Coley on opposite sides of the field for us, with others like Dixon and Langham mixed in, that's some exciting **** there. Can't wait.

Advertisement
Pete, can you see if you can get an interview with Griffin? The rumors are widespread that he's no longer at prep school, or at least that he's no longer playing football there. Would be great to learn the truth.

Pete, can you see if you can get an interview with Griffin? The rumors are widespread that he's no longer at prep school, or at least that he's no longer playing football there. Would be great to learn the truth.

Why would he be playing football at prep school when that would waste a year of his eligibility? Or am I wrong about that? (I might be)

EDIT: I was wrong.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Why would he be playing football at prep school when that would waste a year of his eligibility? Or am I wrong about that? (I might be)

Incorrect. Prep school kids still have 5 to play 4.

Incorrect. Prep school kids still have 5 to play 4.

So why don't all kids go to prep instead of JUCO?

I don't know the specifics but if a kid is close he can prep. I guess if they don't qualify for a prep school they have to go the Juco route.

Advertisement

That's because he's eventually a hybrid guy and I hope we'd use him that way. There aren't a lot of 18 year old 6' 5" 215 guys with PF bodies who stay in that range. The guy looks like Jermichael Finley.

What I would really love to see is staff steal that beast RB from New Orleans out of the hands of Bama and LSU. That will be the shot heard around the world. Him and Yearby for 3 years -- wow. Him, Yearby and Duke for 1 or 2 -- watch out world.

LSU's $$$ might not be available due to the SI piece on Miles at OSU, so that helps us.

Add to it that Saban told the boy he's welcomed but "Doesn't really need him"

He's on my prayer list. Coley, Waters, Griffin.... NIIICE.

Some seem to envision him as a tight end type, given his physicality on the court.

Edit: beaten to the punch by LuCane.

Advertisement
Back