Recruiting Chatter: Barry Jackson

CaneCounty

Senior
### UM badly wants to add another elite receiver in the 2014 recruiting class, and Palm Beach Dwyer coach Jack Daniels said Miami is the front-runner –- “Alabama a close second” -- for four-star Johnnie Dixon, rated No. 16 among receivers by rivals.com. UM also is in the mix for North Carolina-based Braxton Berrios, the No. 39 receiver, but isn't terribly optimistic about Palm Beach Cardinal Newman's Travis Rudolph (No. 11). Rudolph is said to like the Gators.

Advertisement
Dixon, Brady, Langham and Berrios would be a nice little haul, eh?

Since it now looks like we might be playing with bigger boys sooner rather later, we will need more top end WRs like Coley. Bama is step above the gator, so we need more firepower. Got to like the staff's chances of getting top guys at this point. Have to keep in mind that talent is not all Golden is looking for. Kid has to fit the values or this staff will not take him, or kid will not last. I think we end up with Dixon and Berrios. What I would really love to see is staff steal that beast RB from New Orleans out of the hands of Bama and LSU. That will be the shot heard around the world. Him and Yearby for 3 years -- wow. Him, Yearby and Duke for 1 or 2 -- watch out world.

What I would really love to see is staff steal that beast RB from New Orleans out of the hands of Bama and LSU. That will be the shot heard around the world. Him and Yearby for 3 years -- wow. Him, Yearby and Duke for 1 or 2 -- watch out world.

LSU's $$$ might not be available due to the SI piece on Miles at OSU, so that helps us.

Would love a class of Dixon, Langham, Berrios, and Brady. Would give us 3 that can make it in and Brady who has some work to do academically, but may be able to get into school.

Advertisement
I do the same as everyone else has in this thread, but we continuously don't name Derrick Griffin when talking about WRs for this upcoming class.

He should be out of prep school in December and enrolling at Miami.

I do the same as everyone else has in this thread, but we continuously don't name Derrick Griffin when talking about WRs for this upcoming class.

Great point. Forgot bout him. Wow.

With Griffin coming in December, I would still take 4 WR in this class (especially now that one left Carter and one more will leave Hurns) with Langham being one of them.

I feel good about Berrios and Dixon, but the key piece is Rudolph.

Advertisement
Forget about Rudolph. The staff knows when it's waisting it's time with a recruit. Griffin, Dixon and Berrios to close out the 2014 WR recruiting class is very good.

Advertisement
Jack Daniels is like Alex Collins' coach ..Gatewood. He's going to try to find a way to turn him to any other program. Auburn,Ole Miss, L$U,Alabama...anywhere but Miami. Patrick Miller had Miami out front too...remember?
Even Joe Rose once called out Jack Daniels. I put him in the same category as Gatewood.

Has it been verified that he's in prep school? I read somewhere that that was actually in question. Can we get Pete or someone to verify? Thanks.

Advertisement
if I was a WR recruit, there are quite a few schools that I would consider more than UF

Has it been verified that he's in prep school? I read somewhere that that was actually in question. Can we get Pete or someone to verify? Thanks.

Yes, he's in prep school

Yes, he's in prep school

Do you expect him here in December still?

With Griffin coming in Jan, and Langham for 2014, those are two huge receivers on the edge. Coley will have his freshman jitters out of the way and then maybe Berrios, Corn or Powell in the slot. There will be plenty of options for Olsen and Kaaya. Looking forward to it!

Advertisement
Back