Recruiting Chatter - 12/17 (AM Update)

View as article
Do you think that we should probably give Highsmith 5 minutes to show he’s not a puppet or just dismiss him outright before he even starts???

its obvious the BOT loves blake. what they need to do is hire a football only guy like highsmith to right the ship. if that forces blake to resign, so be it, but we need a football only guy in there to help with the hiring decisions.

Advertisement
Greene is absolutely on the staff. This staff couldn’t tell mom wasn’t on the take? How stupid can they be? On top of that, they are left we nothing.....again.

At first, I thought this staff was just inexperienced, then I thought they where lazy and incompetent. Now I'm pretty sure they are just that dumb, unfortunately.
You would think, they would get the sense that Greene and his mom were looking for bags, but nope, not this staff. THEY are SO surprised and shocked when he commits elsewhere, they don't even have a viable backup plan. What's even more egregious, they fall for this year after year with countless recruits, but they still don't get it.

At first, I thought this staff was just inexperienced, then I thought they where lazy and incompetent. Now I'm pretty sure they are just that dumb, unfortunately.
You would think, they would get the sense that Greene and his mom were looking for bags, but nope, not this staff. THEY are SO surprised and shocked when he commits elsewhere, they don't even have a viable backup plan. What's even more egregious, they fall for this year after year with countless recruits, but they still don't get it.

So if the staff is dumb for not seeing it, then the opposite must true. If Miami had dropped Greene three months ago and said they got the sense he was playing games (waiting for bags) then you would be applauding the staff for their intelligence. Right?

its obvious the BOT loves blake. what they need to do is hire a football only guy like highsmith to right the ship. if that forces blake to resign, so be it, but we need a football only guy in there to help with the hiring decisions.
I’m not disagreeing. And I wouldn’t dismiss Highsmith without giving him a chance.

Advertisement
Recruiting is still going good seeing we went 6-6, we are 6-6 with a possibly top 15 finish that's great actually compared to how we performed on the field.
Judging success against a bar that they lowered is goofy as ****. That’s like congratulating a serial child molester for only diddling 3 kids last month instead of the 7 he typically diddles.

One can certainly dream of what UM could be if we added Flowe
817ABA59-1D69-42C1-98B2-E9493983C524.gif

Advertisement
It's called calling a spade a spade.

Kids and fans don't have any obligation to keep sacrificing their college careers and money for a school that sucks, has sucked, and is only getting worse instead of better.

The school has an obligation to do better for the kids and fans first. Not the other way around.

Sacrificing a college career? Last I checked Miami has the 3rd most players of any school in the NFL. You mean winning championships? Then recruits should only go to Clemson or Alabama since those are the only programs consistently winning championships now. School sucks and is getting worse? How do you expect the team to improve with a new coach if you succeed in steering the best players away? Lets say recruits listened to you. We could hire Urban Meyer in 2 years and he'd take over a team with mostly 3 stars because you convinced the 4 and 5 star recruits "not to waste their college careers." Then say he wins 8 games. You again tell recruits not to fall for it because the program will only let them down. So he gets another class of 3 stars. Then he wins 9 games with his subpar talent and you say, "You see- even an all time great coach cant win at Miami. The program is finished."

Its not calling a spade a spade. Its rooting for failure to justify your belief that the program is broken. The real underlying truth is that it is far more important for you to be right in your belief that the program is irretrievably broken than for the school to stockpile talent so that when Miami does find the right coach, he is inheriting a loaded team.

So if the staff is dumb for not seeing it, then the opposite must true. If Miami had dropped Greene three months ago and said they got the sense he was playing games (waiting for bags) then you would be applauding the staff for their intelligence. Right?

No, I would applaud their intelligence, if they had the intelligence to realize Greene(a kid from Wakulla) who's family is looking for bags IS A MAJOR RISK, and to not put all their eggs in one basket. They basically stopped recruiting LBs (i.e. Hippolite and other) once they thought they had Greene and Flowe, only to get left at the alter AGAIN for the 100X.

Advertisement
No, I would applaud their intelligence, if they had the intelligence to realize Greene(a kid from Wakulla) who's family is looking for bags IS A MAJOR RISK, and to not put all their eggs in one basket. They basically stopped recruiting LBs (i.e. Hippolite and other) once they thought they had Greene and Flowe, only to get left at the alter AGAIN for the 100X.

imagine if this fail of a staff landed flowe lol. at some point, one of their good feelings have to be right lol.

A. You have no idea what other LBs they were recruiting.

B. There are LOTS of people who said other LBs are marginal takes and that Miami has to stop signing Bar Milos who take up roster spots.

C. Hypolitte seemed locked into Maryland. If you are complaining about wasting time on recruits who arent interested, then why complain about Hyppolite? Maryland is a notorious bag school. They do with under armor money what Oregon does with Nike. Look at his offer list- Bama, Auburn, Maryland. 3 of the worst offenders. I wouldnt waste a second on a kid who had Miami in a final 4 with that group.

D. Which would you prefer-

1. Miami identifies early that Greene isnt in play and recruits a marginal LB or

2. Miami recognizes Greene isnt in play, doesnt recruit a marginal LB, and decides to save the scholarship for another year or a 4 star transfer player like Bubba Bolden?

Last edited:
The biggest question is what you’d have to believe if you’re the staff, and you’re truly surprised that losing to FIU and Duke at the end of the season impacted recruiting? How can that surprise anyone? The only answer I can come up with is that the staff thinks they’re recruiting kids who don’t care about winning.
Based upon the gutless lay down to horrific FIU and inept Puke, they’re signing guys who eventually stop caring about winning and lose all sense of personal pride.

Advertisement
Do you think that we should probably give Highsmith 5 minutes to show he’s not a puppet or just dismiss him outright before he even starts???
Oh don’t get me wrong RVA I hope Alonzo is hired and given full autonomy but UM is either so blind to the systemic problems wIthin the Hecht/program the last 15 years or truly doesn’t care like many have said to maKe this obvious move to start rebuilding this program. And if it was gonna happen then why hasn’t it happened by now, because it’s not gonna happen and Blake and his right hand ***** Strawley will continue to be given the leeway to further run this program into the ground if that’s even possible after fiu. I’ll leave you with Barry Jackson’s latest article and at the bottom of it the highsmith situation is touched on. But I consider you a friend and care about ya, so after reading it, please don’t go jump off a building like I wanted too.

I’m just still in shock Greene picked a 4-8 Nebraska over us. If roles were reversed with us and It was FSU batting Nebraska for a former Cane FSU wins 10-10 times hahaha u can’t make this **** up

Oh don’t get me wrong RVA I hope Alonzo is hired and given full autonomy but UM is either so blind to the systemic problems wIthin the Hecht/program the last 15 years or truly doesn’t care like many have said to maKe this obvious move to start rebuilding this program. And if it was gonna happen then why hasn’t it happened by now, because it’s not gonna happen and Blake and his right hand ***** Strawley will continue to be given the leeway to further run this program into the ground if that’s even possible after fiu. I’ll leave you with Barry Jackson’s latest article and at the bottom of it the highsmith situation is touched on. But I consider you a friend and care about ya, so after reading it, please don’t go jump off a building like I wanted too.
Ok. So they haven’t even reached out to Highsmith, according to Barry Jackson. That’s the bigger problem. If Highsmith were on board, I’m just saying to give him a chance, but according to this there is nothing there. That sucks.

Advertisement
Back