Recruiting Chatter - 12/17 (AM Update)

View as article
Advertisement
The biggest question is what you’d have to believe if you’re the staff, and you’re truly surprised that losing to FIU and Duke at the end of the season impacted recruiting? How can that surprise anyone? The only answer I can come up with is that the staff thinks they’re recruiting kids who don’t care about winning.

That's one way to look at it. Or you can say that they are looking for kids, and signing kids, who believe THEY can be the ones to make a difference.

TVD told Rivals that they spoke to guys on the team about what happened during the season. They were told a few things, one of which was that not everyone vested the same interest and effort into winning. He said they were told a few other things but he didn't elaborate. The kids we have committed are NOT deterred at all. They believe in themselves.

Agree 100%, and that's why I ended my post with what I did. We all know we need help up front on offense. Rivers is a fantastic prospect. But we need more help.

The only silver lining I see is literally every single OL we have on the team comes back, including Cleveland Reed. Now, there's certainly a chance that they all suck, they're coached by a complete Munson, and Reed is a quitting cancer who destroys the group from within. All on the table. Just having kids come back doesn't mean **** if they all blow ape. BUT.....there are bodies here with experience who *maybe* can improve? Literally the only kid we lose is Tommy Kennedy, who clearly isn't a loss considering he didn't play a snap this year. So they're all back...can they improve? Can we add another one or two before February?
Dude, I didn't think the line could have been any worse than 2018. Butch proved me wrong. Who knows for 2020 because Zion SHOULD improve. Donaldson is as good as he is going to get I think. And aside from Scaife, I am worried across the board.

It’s amazing how the staff has been caught off guard.
I mean when your caught off guard by duke and gt and central Michigan and ........
How could you not be caught off guard by other recruiters.
Every fckng year we sit here hoping that somehow someway the staff pulls off a recruiting day gangsta move. Instead we pull wangsta move.
For all the sht we gave kool and now Rumph. There the only two dudes to pull an elite prospect at the last minute. We didn’t even have a clue with jt4.
I’m actually expecting worse news on nsd now.

Advertisement
I am glad we are getting what we are getting and thank god Chaney is a true cane and never really wavered. That helps the overall ranking but putting too much stock into that number is a recipe for disaster. The inability to target, recruit, and sell highly rated OL on Miami is just horrendous and inexcusable. This is like an NFL team drafting best available and never addressing a position of need and wondering why they lead the league in sacks and are dead last in 3rd down conversions.

This staff still has the awareness of a blind and deaf dog when it comes to recruiting. They go on a tweet rampage puffing up there chests when a kid sends out his decomittment from FSU on a visit only to lose the kid to Nebraska a couple weeks later. Now that's hilarious.

Advertisement
These dudes are not being caught off guard. They KNOW these kids aren't coming, but they can't do anything but put an optimistic spin on it.
It's a hope for the best situation. They are clueless and have no idea how to run a D1 program. It's like they can't do more than one thing at the same time.

I'm actually surprised we have the class that we did before Daz and Knighton committed.

Amatuer staff.

Advertisement
Watch the finish!

1*47Rd7cBXpFotHFAJ7Oul_g.gif

Advertisement
"The thought is the losses at the end of the year hurt UM here more than they anticipated."

I want to be optimistic, but this is why I hate this staff, they are CLUELESS.

"More than they anticipated"? What, exactly did these genius coaches expect from recruits after posting a 6-6 record that included losses to GaTech, FIU, and Duke?

Fire Baker. Fire Enos. Give Manny 300 days to turn things around and fire him at midseason if we are not undefeated.

A program that goes 7-5 every year should not have a top 15 recruiting class.

The only thing Miami has in its favor is the new IPF, practice fields and dorms.

Well..... as expected and very much deserved.... the **** depressive recruiting notes the day before signing day as usual. New year same ****..

Latest losses caught them off guard... GTFO mamafackers!!!

Coach richt did a real solid job upgrading the talent on the roster in the short time he was here. This is where flake james phucked up, instead of leaving coach richt alone, this would've been coach richt going into year 5, than if a coaching change needed to be made, the program would've been already sitting on a solid foundation, but no, what did that moron do, get on coach richt's nerves, till coach richt told him to ***** off, flake got sent into panic mode and rushed and went with the comfortable hire, at a time when this school needed a credible hire at headcoach.

With the ability of instant information at the hands of recruits, its alot they can look at real quick, so here's what we know, its for the most part going to be all on coach diaz cause its already been proven, flake james is a loser a.d. but only a winner at the bank!

Advertisement
Back