Recruiting Chatter - 12/17 (AM Update)

View as article
The biggest issue I have with this class is we did not address the 3 biggest positions of need this cycle: OL, DB, and LB.

2 OL with 1 as a developmental project
1 CB that played WR in high school and likely not ready next year
2 LB, neither with high ceilings or "wow" type film

Advertisement
Bro we are 6-6 with a top 15 class.

That’s the funny thing. As much as I dislike a lot of this staff and the fact they suck at coaching, the recruiting haul ain’t that bad. Will finish in top 20. Of these dumbass coaches could have just beat FIU and Duke, maybe would have ended up around 10.

everyone always gets emotional cause we miss the big fish at the very end. Here’s the thing, we are typically never going to get these kids at the very end cause they are all going to bag schools/elite programs. Manny will continue to have to front load his classes with good evaluations and hope to pluck one or two at the end. Not sure why everyone is *****ing and crying cause we didn’t get Washington or Flowe. Did y’all really think we were going to get these types of kids?

The main issue with this class is not getting another CB for depth and OL. We still have a lot of depth at Lb albeit unproven. We will probably hit the portal for a few players. I’m as doom and gloom as it comes when it is about our program right now but all in all, this isn’t a terrrible class like some of you are making it out to be.

Now is time to turn to his coaching staff and what moves will be made after the bowl. If he keeps the staff intact, well he will he fired after next year so who really cares.

The biggest issue I have with this class is we did not address the 3 biggest positions of need this cycle: OL, DB, and LB.

2 OL with 1 as a developmental project
1 CB that played WR in high school and likely not ready next year
2 LB, neither with high ceilings or "wow" type film

That’s why all 3 of those coaches have to be in the chopping block along with Banda. It’s the same 4 coaches that everyone has been mentioning. Manny has to part ways with his butt buddies on defense. Barry is gone in my opinion.

Advertisement
That they are 15 on that record is something. Now look at LB, CB and OL and tell me we’re good???

If we get Francois that will solve most our CB problems, LB and OL we lacking. Great Dline class, Great RB class, OK WR class, OK at safety, decent pick up at TE. could be better, but that's what happens when you go 6-6. If we were even 9-3 we'd have a solid top ten class right now.

Advertisement
As always when we swing and miss at the end of cycles, you do have to realize and appreciate what you've already got in your hand.

Yes, closing on some of these kids down the stretch would have been great. And yes, the staff opens itself to some criticism by not doing so.

HOWEVER, the bottom line is, who do you have enrolling in school to help progress your football program? It's not who you flip, or who you close late, or who you push, or who you miss on. It's purely and simply, who will be a student-athlete at The University of Miami in either January or the summer? And the fact remains, Miami is sitting on a consensus Top 15 class despite an absolutely abysmal on-field performance this year. That's nothing to sneeze at.

I know this will fall on deaf ears here, because everyone is very concerned with "what have you done for me lately?", but there's some really good athletes coming here this class. Could it have been better? Should we have closed the season and the class better? Yes, yes, and yes. Of course. It's not good enough. BUT....what if Don Chaney wasn't committed and did so on Wednesday? Jaylan Knighton picks Miami at a signing day ceremony at DBHS on Wednesday. Rivers and Williams are rumored UGA leans and then pick up Miami hats tomorrow in front of their classmates and families? The mood around here would be A LOT different. So sure, stew some on the losses. You should ALWAYS be looking to do better and NEVER be complacent. But try to understand that WHEN these kids committed should not overshadow who is coming. It's a good class, all things considered. Period. Now try to get some god**** offensive linemen between now and February.
Say it louder for the people in the back. It’s not all bad despite what people say on here. It’s a good class, just incomplete at the moment

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
So basically we continue to suck. Every time staff feels good a Lorna commitment we suck. Maybe now that they don’t feel too Confident means we’re actually getting a good gone? Lol

If we get Francois that will solve most our CB problems, LB and OL we lacking. Great Dline class, Great RB class, OK WR class, OK at safety, decent pick up at TE. could be better, but that's what happens when you go 6-6. If we were even 9-3 we'd have a solid top ten class right now.
No doubt if somehow francois recommits you put him at corner. We can't ride with a roster made of 10 plus safeties and 6 corners

That's what happens when you lose to FIU, GT, and Duke. And if my son was a top recruit coming out of high school today, I would not push him towards Miami
yes, this is what you get when you are 6-6. what do you expect?? to crush recruiting?? to land 5 stars???? i think theyve done a decent job despite our suckiness on the field. yet many on here get all butthurt when flowe, washington look elsewhere.

Advertisement
Back