Recruiting Chatter - 12/17 (AM Update)

View as article
Advertisement
**Let’s start off with LB Keyshawn Greene’s commitment to Nebraska on Sunday following his official to Lincoln. It completely caught the staff off guard, as they were very confident heading into Greene’s Nebraska trip.

Fire these morans. If they’d done nothing other than read Miami fan boards they wouldn’t have been remotely caught off guard. They live in a bubble and are clueless.

The thought is the losses at the end of the year hurt UM here more than they anticipated.

:pgdead:

Advertisement
Advertisement
CE000FD2-0118-4099-82B3-DD7C37770374.gif

Advertisement
As always when we swing and miss at the end of cycles, you do have to realize and appreciate what you've already got in your hand.

Yes, closing on some of these kids down the stretch would have been great. And yes, the staff opens itself to some criticism by not doing so.

HOWEVER, the bottom line is, who do you have enrolling in school to help progress your football program? It's not who you flip, or who you close late, or who you push, or who you miss on. It's purely and simply, who will be a student-athlete at The University of Miami in either January or the summer? And the fact remains, Miami is sitting on a consensus Top 15 class despite an absolutely abysmal on-field performance this year. That's nothing to sneeze at.

I know this will fall on deaf ears here, because everyone is very concerned with "what have you done for me lately?", but there's some really good athletes coming here this class. Could it have been better? Should we have closed the season and the class better? Yes, yes, and yes. Of course. It's not good enough. BUT....what if Don Chaney wasn't committed and did so on Wednesday? Jaylan Knighton picks Miami at a signing day ceremony at DBHS on Wednesday. Rivers and Williams are rumored UGA leans and then pick up Miami hats tomorrow in front of their classmates and families? The mood around here would be A LOT different. So sure, stew some on the losses. You should ALWAYS be looking to do better and NEVER be complacent. But try to understand that WHEN these kids committed should not overshadow who is coming. It's a good class, all things considered. Period. Now try to get some god**** offensive linemen between now and February.

Advertisement
As always when we swing and miss at the end of cycles, you do have to realize and appreciate what you've already got in your hand.

Yes, closing on some of these kids down the stretch would have been great. And yes, the staff opens itself to some criticism by not doing so.

HOWEVER, the bottom line is, who do you have enrolling in school to help progress your football program? It's not who you flip, or who you close late, or who you push, or who you miss on. It's purely and simply, who will be a student-athlete at The University of Miami in either January or the summer? And the fact remains, Miami is sitting on a consensus Top 15 class despite an absolutely abysmal on-field performance this year. That's nothing to sneeze at.

I know this will fall on deaf ears here, because everyone is very concerned with "what have you done for me lately?", but there's some really good athletes coming here this class. Could it have been better? Should we have closed the season and the class better? Yes, yes, and yes. Of course. It's not good enough. BUT....what if Don Chaney wasn't committed and did so on Wednesday? Jaylan Knighton picks Miami at a signing day ceremony at DBHS on Wednesday. Rivers and Williams are rumored UGA leans and then pick up Miami hats tomorrow in front of their classmates and families? The mood around here would be A LOT different. So sure, stew some on the losses. You should ALWAYS be looking to do better and NEVER be complacent. But try to understand that WHEN these kids committed should not overshadow who is coming. It's a good class, all things considered. Period. Now try to get some god**** offensive linemen between now and February.

Top 15 is great. I love that. Top 15 with very few offensive linemen. That is the issue with me.

Advertisement
Back