Recruiting Chatter - 12/17 (AM Update)

View as article
Say it louder for the people in the back. It’s not all bad despite what people say on here. It’s a good class
How is it a good class? Because we filled high rated recruits in positions that we don't desperately need (and don't utilize correctly on offense/defense)

This class SUCKS from a team specific metric. Linebacker whiff, True Corner's Major Whiff, O-line LOL what a whiff.

Yeah this class might be rated top 25 on ESPN and to the media but the true fans know this class is an abomination and is a toll tale sign we aren't better at positions of DIRE need. CLASS GRADE: C-

Advertisement
No doubt if somehow francois recommits you put him at corner. We can't ride with a roster made of 10 plus safeties and 6 corners
hes likely going to coner. that wsa the hope for the staff, get greene and francois at CB everything else is gravy on top.

Top 15 is great. I love that. Top 15 with very few offensive linemen. That is the issue with me.

Agree 100%, and that's why I ended my post with what I did. We all know we need help up front on offense. Rivers is a fantastic prospect. But we need more help.

The only silver lining I see is literally every single OL we have on the team comes back, including Cleveland Reed. Now, there's certainly a chance that they all suck, they're coached by a complete Munson, and Reed is a quitting cancer who destroys the group from within. All on the table. Just having kids come back doesn't mean **** if they all blow ape. BUT.....there are bodies here with experience who *maybe* can improve? Literally the only kid we lose is Tommy Kennedy, who clearly isn't a loss considering he didn't play a snap this year. So they're all back...can they improve? Can we add another one or two before February?

Advertisement
Agree 100%, and that's why I ended my post with what I did. We all know we need help up front on offense. Rivers is a fantastic prospect. But we need more help.

The only silver lining I see is literally every single OL we have on the team comes back, including Cleveland Reed. Now, there's certainly a chance that they all suck, they're coached by a complete Munson, and Reed is a quitting cancer who destroys the group from within. All on the table. Just having kids come back doesn't mean **** if they all blow ape. BUT.....there are bodies here with experience who *maybe* can improve? Literally the only kid we lose is Tommy Kennedy, who clearly isn't a loss considering he didn't play a snap this year. So they're all back...can they improve? Can we add another one or two before February?

Yes the entire OL comes back but the only way those guys are going to get better is if there are players behind them pushing them. We had 6 playable OL this year, as we all saw how bad 7 and 8 were when they got in the game against Duke.

We needed at least 4 quality OL prospects and we signed 2. Our best chance now is to find 1-2 P5 grad transfers that want to live in Miami for a year.

How is it a good class? Because we filled high rated recruits in positions that we don't desperately need (and don't utilize correctly on offense/defense)

This class SUCKS from a team specific metric. Linebacker whiff, True Corner's Major Whiff, O-line LOL what a whiff.

Yeah this class might be rated top 25 on ESPN and to the media but the true fans know this class is an abomination and is a toll tale sign we aren't better at positions of DIRE need. CLASS GRADE: C-

it isnt an abomination, but we did miss on needed positions. thankfully at LB we do get mccloud back which buys the staff some time. overall, it does seem like everyone is guessing w everything. we already know knighton is a done deal here. no one knows what flowE is going to do. greene caught everyone by surprise but as others have said, hes a wakulla kid who loves FSU. if he isnt going to FSU, no way in **** his mom lets him go to miami. either way, i dont think he signs with nebraska

Advertisement
The biggest question is what you’d have to believe if you’re the staff, and you’re truly surprised that losing to FIU and Duke at the end of the season impacted recruiting? How can that surprise anyone? The only answer I can come up with is that the staff thinks they’re recruiting kids who don’t care about winning.

giphy.gif

Advertisement
it isnt an abomination, but we did miss on needed positions. thankfully at LB we do get mccloud back which buys the staff some time. overall, it does seem like everyone is guessing w everything. we already know knighton is a done deal here. no one knows what flowE is going to do. greene caught everyone by surprise but as others have said, hes a wakulla kid who loves FSU. if he isnt going to FSU, no way in **** his mom lets him go to miami. either way, i dont think he signs with nebraska
That is ridiculous. He didn’t catch anyone by surprise except delusional folks in denial. Half this board said he wasn’t coming when Manny was fancying him in the class.

That is ridiculous. He didn’t catch anyone by surprise except delusional folks in denial. Half this board said he wasn’t coming when Manny was fancying him in the class.

i meant the nebraska commitment caught everyone by surprise. i think **** end up delay signing and go to FSU in feb personally. everyone on here said it was a free trip and him going to NEB is a good sign so yes, he did catch this **** board by surprise

Advertisement
Surprised staff hasn’t been tweeting out “watch the finish”.
This program is run by a bunch of idiots. How can they be surprised and taken off guard with last minute defections year after year after year. Seriously, are they incapable of learning and doing something different to pull in much needed recruits near at signing day? They just keep getting fooled over and over again and have no backup plan. It’s crazy. This whole staff needs to be blown up. Bunchof amateurs.

Advertisement
Back